Edge Racing in Miami, Florida - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Edge Racing in Miami, Florida
Monday, February 27, 2006 2:40 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know about the problems I'm having with this place.
I was trying to order some rims I wanted out of a place in Cali. Well, the distributor only had 4, and they dropped one, gouging it badly. They were unsure when they were going to get more from the manufacturer. So I canceled that order and went on a massive internet search to find another place that sells these rims.
I found Edge Racing (edgeracing.com) on the internet. To make sure that my order was going to go through, I emailed them from their site to see if they had the rims I wanted in stock. That was Tuesday of last week. I still have not received an email from them regarding this.
Well, I'm not in a major rush for rims and tires, so I went ahead and placed my order on Thursday. Friday, when I get home from work, I have a new Visa debit card in the mail, because my current one expired next month. I got it activated today and called Edge Racing to let them know about a change in the card information. I was on hold for about a half hour. Not even someone picking up and saying that they were busy, could I please hold. After finally getting on the phone with someone, I tried to explain to the guy that I was really frustrated, that I've had no contact from his company, and I was on hold for a half hour before getting in contact with a human. He seemed rather disinterested.
So I asked him about the status of my order. He says that it "should" get processed by Friday! I was pissed.
So, in short... if you're going to use these guys for rims, either 1. live in Florida, 2. live within driving distance of Florida, or 3. have a hook up in Florida that's generous enough to go to this place in person to do the transaction for you.

/end rant

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Re: Edge Racing in Miami, Florida
Monday, February 27, 2006 7:31 PM
i got my tires from there last november, i paid and got them in like a week. from florida up to wisconsin.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, February 27, 2006 7:40 PM
I bought tires from them as well. Everything went smoothly for me.

Of course... it's when things don't go smoothly that you get to find out the real character of a company.

Monday, February 27, 2006 8:55 PM
Ive gotten to wheel/tire bundles form them, i have never had problems with them.

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:40 PM
well, I could be the only person that this is happened to, but I just wanted to let people know that it's possible to receive this sort of negative experience with this company. I'll keep this updated as far as shipping and the status of the rims/tires when I receive them.

Desert Tuners

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:50 PM
you can get that experiance with every company at least a few times, Its normal.

Monday, February 27, 2006 10:00 PM
I understand that. I'm glad you all had good experiences with them.

Desert Tuners

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:20 PM
I wouldn't call this a problem. You activated your new car so you had to wait with customer service to give them the updated information.

There not blowing you off, and they handled your problem. I'd say they did satisfactory because they took too long to answer your call but they did handle it.

I know a lot of solo2/autocross guys that have used them without any problems.

-Chris

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:22 PM
it was a combination of the lack of a return email, the half hour on hold, and the 4 days to process my order. I'll wait and see how long it takes them to ship the packages, and the condition everything is in when I get them.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:17 PM
i'll put my two cents in on this.

my brother has ordered from them before, and they sort of specialize their flik wheels for vw's, etc. anyway, my brother ordered from them in person, talked to them, etc, and they were very nice, and according to my brother (who isn't a dumbass, btw) they seemed genuine. no problems w/ his wheels and tires.

so, i figured i would go ahead and order from them too, seeing as they're about 20 minutes north of me. i ordered online, and left them a note on the order to call me (since i'm out of the state right now) on my cell phone once my tires were ready for pick up. sure enough, one or two days later, "alberto? your tires are ready". very nice, very kind.

i will say that i did send them an email once, and never got a reply. i'll just assume that they never check their email, which a lot of companies dont do anyway (since phones are more important to them, they aren't computer savvy, and especially if an outside source did their webpage for them).

as for being placed on hold, that sucks, but unfortunately, that happens a lot of times in companies. the light blinks, but no one answers. i'm sorry that happened, i woulda just hung up and said the hell w/ them for that time (maybe they were someone short?)

as for the CC info, if your card had already been charged and cleared and your order was being processed, i yes too could care less about your new credit card info, since the bank had already cleared the other one.
OR
if your CC bounces back, then yes they'd probably contact you (they want the sale). trying to change CC information on an order is not easy sometimes.

i say you shouldve kept your new CC out of it, and just let the order go through. hell, if the CC company rejects it, you know the reason, so just order again. and the "friday" statement i'm sure was just a generic answer to customers. normally if they ship within 2-3 days, but lets say something bad happens, and it takes a week to ship out, but you "told" the customer 3, thats why you always give yourself some extra time.

all in all, this is a long ass post, but i just think you should relax a little bit. they're cool people that most likely wont screw you over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:19 PM
it was a Visa debit card. the numbers are the same, except for the expiration date (the old one expired this month), and the 3 verification numbers on the back. the transaction hasn't hit my bank yet, and wouldn't have if they had tried with the old numbers.

Desert Tuners

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:37 AM
so did you get your rims yet

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:24 AM
no. the money was pulled from my account Friday, they shipped Monday, and from what UPS says, they were still somewhere in Florida this morning.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:04 PM
So what exactly is the problem? Being impatient? Your card expiring?

Making a rant post to knock a company for slow e-mail return, and putting you on hold is just rediculous.

I've ordered 2 rim/tire packages in the past from Edge Racing with nothing but success, I was actually HIGHLY impressed with how I was treated as a customer. Sure I waited some time on the phone. Guess what? The same thing happens when I call my cell phone service provider, warranty claims at Dell, Paypal regarding a false e-mail I was sent........etc. Get used to it, sadly enough it's like that everywhere!

Money pulled Friday, shipped Monday? I call that good business, now it's all up to UPS, not them.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:31 PM
there were NO email returns. I've been put on hold not once, but twice. in fact, they ran my Visa debit card 4 seperate times, prompting my bank to call me to verify the purchase. (I thought that was pretty cool.) Edge Racing called me, after two rings of my phone I picked up and they apparently disconnected. I tried to immediately call them back, and was on hold for 20 minutes before I gave up. I still have not heard from them.
now, as far as the slow shipping, I never said it was Edge Racing's fault for the time it's taking the rims and tires to get here.
next time I will verify with everyone that I'm the only one receiving less than quality service before I post a rant. is that okay?

Desert Tuners

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:53 PM
its ok that you're frustrated, dont worry, i understand, its happened to all of us.

you're definitely entitled to your opinion, so thank you for expressing it. also, everyone else is entitled to theirs and their experiences.

just a one for one kinda thing.

btw, i also sent two emails, and never got a response, so i assume that that email doesn't work or they just dont check it.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:10 PM
no worries. I was just frustrated with the whole ordeal, especially when I'm spending that much money. I know sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. just letting people know.

Desert Tuners

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:37 AM
After spending 20mins on the phone waiting today I now understand the frustration, all I wanted to ask about was a @!#$ centercap . I got sick of waiting needless to say.

Friday, March 10, 2006 1:43 PM
sorry it happened man. now I'm worried about my centercaps.

Desert Tuners

Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:29 AM
Nah, all mine came, I just wanted to see if I could purchase a different style shown on another wheel by the same manufacturer.

So don't worry! Honestly I've never experienced a wait like I had experienced the other day, they're slacking.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:50 AM
I emailed them about availiablitlity of wheels twice..once they never even got back to me and the second time it took them about 2 or 3 weeks

The Only thing Gayer than my cavalier is the purple shade of its nitrous bottle

Monday, March 13, 2006 2:09 PM
I got my rims and tires today. coupla things...
they sent me the wrong hub centric rings. I went to Discount Tire and got different ones. those fit the rim, but not the hub, so I used a razor blade to open them up just a hair. they're nice and snug. I asked for black valve stems and lug nuts, got chrome ones. they sent me red anodized valve stems too... but only 2 of them. I probably won't use them.
rims and tires were in great shape though, and all of the center caps were there.
the car is dirty, and I didn't have a chance to clean up the drums and calipers this weekend, since I was sick and it rained a good portion of the weekend. I'm gonna wash the car tonight, and I'll get pics up tomorrow.

Desert Tuners

Monday, March 13, 2006 3:18 PM
im glad they got here

pics man pics

Monday, March 13, 2006 3:39 PM
gonna wash up the car tonight, and I'll take pics tomorrow. still haven't done the calipers or drums yet. I'm sick as all hell.

Desert Tuners

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:03 AM
A biz that does not respond to emails and makes me wait 20-30 minutes to speak to someone over the phone. There is no good reason for either. If I am spending hundreds of dollars it will not be with a biz that operates like this.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search