need some help - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
need some help
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:33 PM
ok i'm selling a pass fender for a cavalier in the classifields. i got any e-mail that says this
On 3/8/06, auto Peter <tim_scott_auto007@yahoo.com > wrote:

Hello

I am interested in buying the cavalier pass that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a cashiers cheque.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,

Peter Reiss.

and i wrote back this
the fender? my name is greg thacik jr and i jsut gradurated from college. the reason i'm selling this fender is due to my mom hitting a deer with my car on the driver side and i found it alot cheaper to do a sunfire front end conversion then fixing the hood, driver side fender, headlight. and windshield washer fluid container. the passenge side fender is in good condition the only thing wrong with it is there are a few scratches and need sanded and re-painted.my cell phone number is (814) 592-8991. how ever i do not accept call from a restricted number so it would be nice to call from a phone where the number is not blocked for saftey reasons that i will not get into. also it would be great if you could do a money order insted of a cashiers check. if you could give me an address i could get you a shipping qoute asap.
thanks, greg

and i just got a reply with this.

Hello

Thanks for your response and your mail content duly noted.

You can not belief how only I had wish meeting you personally to discuss this
regrettably I am not based in the US but resides here in the U.K on similar business
interest and also have a family home located in Cobourg, Ontario Canada where I
have an old aged whare house (storage & restoration unit) which is being run by my son and wife.

So, would you please send me necessary details--postal address, full name and telephone number(s)--of whom this cheque should be payable to thus my wife could mail the cheque from Ontario to you on my behalf. On the shipment, I have a recommended shipper there who is expected to meet with you for inspection, survey and arrangement for it conveyance to Ontario .

On getting the cheque cashed and all agreement are proven to be legitimate, he (thecarrier) will be directed to establish contact with you for immediate transfer of the ender to Canada where my wife and son are designated for receiving orders made by
me.

Peter.

is it just me or does something sound werid.

Re: need some help
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:44 PM
Its a scam

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:47 PM
thanxs man i thought something was wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:14 AM
Yeah, it's almost certainly a scam.

But we've certainly got some members somewhat near Cobourg that I'm sure could pay him a visit.

Tell him you've got someone near Cobourg that you'd like to have meet with them and ask for the address and phone number.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:27 AM
WTF??

Scam!!!!!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search