What is my car worth -- need some suggestions... - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
What is my car worth -- need some suggestions...
Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:46 AM
Dear JBody enthusiasts,

I have a 2004 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe 2 door, 5-speed manual transmission - I am considering selling it. Currently, I have a job that affords me the benefit of a company vehicle (completely paid for, gas + insurance). Essentially, my Cavalier has become a garage queen. It has 28000 miles, clean title, no collisions, and excellent paint (black, waxed twice per year).

The hood has a few paint chips fron rocks, and there is a very small ding in the drivers quarter panel.

As for options, the body & suspension (struts/springs) are completely stock. However, over the past two years I put of number of upgrades into it:

17" ASA EM9 wheels (17x7) with new General Exclaim UHP tires (less than 1000mi wear)
Baer 12" rear disc conversion
Wilwood front big brake upgrade (2-pc rotors, dynapro calipers)
Greasable ball joints
RKSport rear sway bar
Polyurethane control arm bushings
B&M short-throw shifter
RKSport polished aluminim intake
Custom 2.5" exhaust (compression bent) with Magnaflow hi-flow cat, Magnaflow resonator, & Magnaflow muffler with 4" stainless Magnaflow tip

The interior is pristine, no tears or stains, and the oil has been changed every 3000mi with Mobil1 synthetic 5w-30. The car has never been raced at a track (autocross or drag), and I have never "beat" on it. I have taken impeccable care of this vehicle, and I must admit that I am sad to see it go.

I have a student loan from college, and I would rather take the funds from this car and pay my student loan. If I let the car sit in my garage, it will simply depreciate.

Considering what I have just mentioned, what do you think this car would relaistically sell for on the open market?

Thank you for your time and input!

Sincerely,
illtmprdman

Re: What is my car worth -- need some suggestions.
Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:22 AM
http://www.kbb.com

and

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=297628&t=297628

Mods are worth nothing, best to part those out and get what you can.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: What is my car worth -- need some suggestions.
Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:27 AM
Shifted wrote:Mods are worth nothing, best to part those out and get what you can.

absolutely.

Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week, March 13-17
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search