Mind if I Rant A Little, Convince me to Keep my J! - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Mind if I Rant A Little, Convince me to Keep m
Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:08 PM
sell it. its a money pit and youll regret it later. i know i did. wish i never got into the modding scene.

Im out there Jerry and Im LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:08 AM
Modding cars def takes a lot of money... but I think for me it's not too bad, because I know exacly what I want my car to look like, so I only need to buy/do things once. Withy ou having three body kits and other stuff, makes it more of a money pit and is def a hangup. Like others have suggested, sell what you don't need and figure out what you want. If you at a hangup point, which it seems like you are... maybe just a break from it will be good. It needs to be a hobby, not an added point of stress. Just make sure you are sure if you decide to sell it, cuz you won't want to regret it down the road. I'm young too, 21, and plan on keepin this car forever. My first car I bought myself. Will be nice to have later in life... and is a nice hobby project on the side. Anyways, give it some thought before you make any decisions. Plus, I'll be out in the ROC startin in June, so you gotta keep it.

Wide Body Progress

Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:49 AM
This is your first car? Dude, I sold my first car when I was your age. I had dumped a ton of money in it, rebuilt the motor in shop class, repainted the car in college, turbo'd it, worked on the suspension, everything. And I sold the car after all that blood and sweat. You know what it was? A 93 Cavalier. To this day I miss that car. And it pains me to know that some ignorant punk took that car and trashed it because he didn't know how to take care of it. Yeah, it's a money pit, your family thinks you're nuts, your girlfriend knows damn well you love that car more than her and you probably admit it freely, but that's the nature of the beast, man. Rather than wasting time with parts you're not sure you want, get rid of all that crap and start fresh with what you've already got. Take some time off, just let the car sit as is. Eventually it'll come to you and you'll know exactly what you want.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:07 AM
sndsgood wrote:sell all the extra parts you dont need and sit back and make some decisions on how u want the car to look. if you can take your time you'd only need to buy one kit instead of having 3 kits lying around, those types of things are what makes it a money pit. when you get burnt out on the car take a break and come back to it later. if you make a rash decision and sell the car you may end up wanting it again a few months down the line and then your starting all over.

x2

Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:35 PM
Alright I am going to keep the car, get a type J kit and sell off everything else. The car will probably stay purple due to me not wanting to spend a ton on a whole paint job. Also the purple on my car is in mint condition. So I am going to get the car running well again, sell off all the kits and pulleys, get new wheels I think, sell them off. Lastly I am going to get good shocks and struts so I can achieve my better ride.

Thanks for everyones suport, I was just kinda down. I know if I sold it me and my GF would be mad down the road. Well if anyone has a type J kit they want to trade or sell let me know. I am looking forward to doing my engine swap the 14th of april. Cant wait now, going to kick.

thanks again!

Chris

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Sunday, April 02, 2006 1:37 AM
have you taking the car to shows? if not why not enter it in to shows to see if it can win and if it dose you will prob get back in to it.

i was thinking of doing the same thing with my car that i picked up for $300.. i have always wanted a 3rd gen z24 when i had my 90 z24 and now i got it and i am doing what i wanted to do to it. but also this will be the last cavalier i will ever own so i am going to make it good..

Monday, April 03, 2006 10:23 AM
This is a tricky situation....but if you take the supercharger off...you're gonna miss that power....keep your car practical for daily use...the built motor, I'd probably sell. Go ahead and sell off those smaller pulleys too so you don't blow it up haha. I didn't know they made Z verts in 98?? I know in 99 and 00 all verts are Z24's...but I thought all verts 95-98 were LS.

You definitely have a commodity of a car....5 speed convertible is hard to come by and is usually the envy of everyone that I meet.

Monday, April 03, 2006 7:10 PM
Honestly... it's up to you.

Only one true determining factor will let you decide if you will keep and finish the car:

Heart.

Very VERY few people have the heart to see a project through, despite good or bad times. To the people that know me, my car is a legacy of bad times, and wasted $$$ in the eyes of many.

But this year, she finally comes to life just how I envisoned her 5 years ago - I've been saying I was gonna do this for 5 years and it has taken TOO MUCH to get this far.

But for me, it will be worth it... I have the heart to see this project through no matter what.

Maybe 1% of modders have this.

The question is: Do you?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:07 PM
Duh duh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:00 PM
everyone goes through these phases. i know i have many of times with my z24, heck just last weekend i and the wife (who owns a 90 z24 and a 02 ls sport) were contemplating getting rid of all the cav's. tough decisions, but they are staying

anyways... i would sell off all the crap you dont need. make it look stock so that way everytime you are outside the car and see it you realize that it is just a cavalier and dont have to worry about fancy paint/ body kits and keeping it looking pretty. then you hop in and start it and realize it aint no normal econocrap box car, it has go fast goodies. ahh haa
see with the body kits and what not, you have more to worry about. and with a built motor too that is evenmore to worry about. so basically seling all of the pretty outside parts, you have less to worry about and you will feel better.

(maybe that is just the way i think, hahaha, bed time for me, no more babbling)

Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:12 AM
hang on to her. if you did get rid of her and get another car you'd start all over. once you start modding a car your never stop no matter how many times you tell yourself you will.

when i got my 03 fire i wasnt going to mod her any, but i JUST HAD TO STUMBLE UNKNOWINGLY on to the org. the modding started and the forming of a jbody club im president over.

DAMN YOU TO HELL , JBODY.ORG

Saturday, April 15, 2006 9:37 AM
Well I brought my Cavalier after my last car. My other car was a never ending money pit, this car truly was. On a Thursday I spent $825 to have the timing belt, water pump, pullies few other things done. The next Tuesday, no crank, no start. Had it towed to a shop, where it started right up. The next day I came out and it didnt start again, sold the thing three days later.

Sometimes man if your car is that bad you need to stop talking about it and just sel the thing.

I talked about selling that car for over 1 year before I finally, my biggest regret was not doing it sooner.

My Cavalier has been a great car since I've owned it, I love the thing.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search