tuning thread??? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuning thread???
Monday, March 27, 2006 6:10 PM
I think we need a tuning thread. yes no?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.

Re: tuning thread???
Monday, March 27, 2006 6:18 PM
Thread? no

Forum, maybe

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 27, 2006 6:41 PM
already sent a message to Dave. check the HP Tuner thread that Shifted just started in Performance.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:44 PM
Shifted wrote:Thread? no

Forum, maybe

oops.

yeah I figured this had been on the back burner for a while. I guess it makes sense due to recent releases.

mabye I can get my coolant figured out

Z24 FReQ (Jarett) wrote: quote]

already sent a message to Dave. check the HP Tuner thread that Shifted just started in Performance.

yeah I saw, its been talked about for a while now. I just figured that it was time someone made a thread about it. thread about it.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:39 AM
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:25 AM
sndsgood wrote:wouldnt performance cover tuning?

I see it as overkill. Akin to the time people were asking for a 'fiberglass' forum. As revolutionary as this HP Tuners thing is, honestly how many people do you think will be buying it? I have a feeling the list is limited to those that have a nonstandard FI setup (supercharger on a pre-99, or turbo) and the factory reflash wasn't available or was exceeded with the use of a pulley or something. I personally see this list as being pretty small, but maybe I'm just out of the loop here?

If I do add it, it will likely be a subforum, but what of? Performance? Boost?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:43 AM
I would like to use it on m N/A car to see what I can get out of it first. might be awhile before I can go boost.
I'd say Performance.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:04 AM
Performance should be renamed Engine or something like that. Drivetrain maybe. Then a Separate forum for Tuning, Computer Mods, and stuff like that created.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:34 AM
also its not neccesarily just for the ms. I would imainge anything realated to tuning in general. IE ecu swaps, stand alones,diagnosti problems such as codes and what not.

I think theres a decent response for it but who knows.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:20 AM
I think it is a interesting idea to have a Tuning forum. I do see Daves point. I do think Performance, or maybe the boosted forum could handle this as well. We already have a sticky in the performance section on info on HP software. Once more info is known and what exactly can be done add to that stick for N/A parts, and under boost have a HP sticky for boosted applications. I guess I could see it either way.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:04 PM
Yeah. I could go for a sub-forum in Performance. I wouldn't want it called HP Software or anything like that, just generic. Electronic Tuning maybe.
Performance is such a catch-all, just look at how many stickeys it has now. And one stickey for HP Software probably isn't going to cut it. Who knows though.
I really want to get into tuning, but I don't have the money for the HP tuner, and don't have the time to go through lines of raw data right now...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:00 PM
not to mention that hp is not the only tuning device out there

emange
ms
safc
msdis ignition
dis 2

those were just off the top of my head I could prboably go on for a while.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:34 PM
Tuning = Racer's Edge

With all the cheapskates on here.... how many are going to buy the HPTuners software... and then the credits to use it? Not many. It's outta my price range, and I'd be really surprised if there's 100 people on here who have dumped more than me into the stupid car.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:36 PM
C.T.S wrote:Yeah. I could go for a sub-forum in Performance. I wouldn't want it called HP Software or anything like that, just generic. Electronic Tuning maybe.
Performance is such a catch-all, just look at how many stickeys it has now. And one stickey for HP Software probably isn't going to cut it. Who knows though.
I really want to get into tuning, but I don't have the money for the HP tuner, and don't have the time to go through lines of raw data right now...

I agree.

Dave wrote:honestly how many people do you think will be buying it?

Exactly. After a million page thread, i don't think there will be such a huge following. Of course there will be a ton of people talking about getting it just like there are ton of people who are going to get a 086 Head or a ton of people who are going to build their motor from top to bottom and turbo it with 15 PSI of boost...it's all talk until people do something and sad to say, a good majority will either give up after they finish their bolt ons, be too broke to buy the HP Tuners device or just get another car.

There are very limited amount of people on here who have put the extra money and time and who will continue to do so but who knows, maybe things might change. People always complain they need some type of computer tuning device, so here is their answer. Lets see how they react on it. Till then, it'll just be another "I'm getting the Megasquirt" fad.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:10 AM
Until people actually TRY it on a stock car.. see the results and post about it. Then the demand will come

Just getting the spark curve right on my '93 gave it so much throttle response it's not funny. It might not have added much HP on a dyno, but the 'fun factor' of driving a car tuned right can't be denied

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:53 PM
Quote:

Tuning = Racer's Edge

Nice one!!!! no one can join that group, unless your buddy buddy with someone in it, so that does not do most of us any good.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:12 PM
also why is everyone so caught up in just hp tuners ?

there are plenty of other options I just listed them

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search