OFFICIAL SAINT DONATION THREAD - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OFFICIAL SAINT DONATION THREAD
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:04 PM
As I'm sure most have read (if you haven't read here http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=342007&t=342007&start=0), we recently lost a very respected member of JBO while he was overseas serving his country. If you would like to make donations for flower arrangements to be sent to the funeral home they will be accepted at saintdonations@comcast.net. A running list will be kept of all who donated, so please also include your username in the notes section on it. Please try to send all donations by next Monday night. Anymoney received after the flowers are sent will either be paypal'd to Brian's parents (if they have one) to help with costs, or I will send them a check for the remaining amount.

Please everyone also list which arrangement you would like sent from you, depending on the amount received more than 1 will probably be sent so the top ones picked will be sent. I will also be sending along a plant for his parents if everyone agrees.

1. Gentle Thoughts Spray
Express your deepest sympathies, and extend a gracious note to a service or memorial, with this soft spray of pink and white blooms surrounded by a frame of elegant greens.

2. White Promises Spray
This traditional spray, filled with white carnations, chrysanthemums and gladioli, makes the promise that love is eternal. (I see this one very appropriate due to his sig for amanda)

3. Yellow Dawn Spray
Like a new dawn, this classic spray of white and yellow flowers is a wonderful reminder that a new day is ahead.

4. Greater Glory Arrangement

5. Remembering Forever
This striking spray with its red roses and white carnations is a wonderful way to express how your memories will last forever.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page

Re: OFFICIAL SAINT DONATION THREAD
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:12 PM
Just to be clear, the paypal address is: saintdonations@comcast.net correct?

I dont have much in my paypal account right now, but I do get paid Friday.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:15 PM
Is there a veteran's association that we could split the extra money with his parents?

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:20 PM
S A I N T D O N A T I O N S @ COMCAST.NET, simply saint donations... in the original post the letters do seem awfully close lol. If people would like to make sure I'll send a request money thing through paypal if they PM me their paypal address.

Amanda would have to let us know if theres any specific association his parents are involved with, or if they've maybe set up a tribute fund or something.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:57 PM
I think it would be nice to donate to a specific charity if we could find out or as you said a tribute fund....keep us posted ...i'd like to donate what i can....

thanks
LK

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 3:15 PM
Thanks Heather for setting this up. I'll send as soon as I can.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 3:17 PM
The flowers should go to his parents any thing left over should be theirs as well. Heather I am pretty bad off right now but i will paypal what i can tonight when i get home from work.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 3:25 PM
Jokr wrote:The flowers should go to his parents any thing left over should be theirs as well. Heather I am pretty bad off right now but i will paypal what i can tonight when i get home from work.

they will be, they'll just be going to the funeral home first for the service. How I've always known it to work (At least in my family, i've been to 5 funerals alone in the past year) after services the flowers usually get split up anyway close family members usually take what they sent and the older ladies usually want plants, since theres usually LOTS of flowers sent and not enough room at home for them all. Amanda will probably get to take one of the arrangements from the JBO. Not saying thats definitely how it will go, I'm just saying in my own personal experience with funerals.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:33 PM
Heather,

When is the deadline for this? How much are these flowers going to end up costing?

Reason why I ask is this....

For example, if the money is due by Monday so you can buy the flowers let me know how much money you have... if its with in reason.. I will match that money from the Car Customs Pay Pal account.

Sound fair?

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:36 PM
I'm sorry Heather, I forgot to put my username in there. The donation from Ronald Beyer is me, Shifted.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:44 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:Heather,

When is the deadline for this? How much are these flowers going to end up costing?

For example, if the money is due by Monday so you can buy the flowers let me know how much money you have... if its with in reason.. I will match that money from the Car Customs Pay Pal account.

Sound fair?

Very nice thing to do karo

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:07 PM
heather,
I would like to donate something, but i do not have a paypal account. Is there something i can do to get a donation out to you?

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:34 PM
Karo thank you so much...every bit will count and brian will know how much you all care about him and so will his family and this is what they need right now...to see how much his son helped people and how respected he was, not only in the marines and by family, but all over the US through this amazing site..thank you all again

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:39 PM

Sound fair?

I'm hoping to have all the money collected by Monday evening / night, any money received after the flower order is placed I will paypal or send a check to his family for. The wake will start Tuesday at 3, so I plan to order before midnight to ensure same day delivery.
How much the flowers will cost all depends on how much is brought in on donations. All the ones I posted (normal funeral type arrangements) range from $75 - $125 each.
That is very generous of you. If you need any information about the flowers and stuff just let me know or PM me.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:47 PM
@!#$er wrote:Just to be clear, the paypal address is: saintdonations@comcast.net correct?

I dont have much in my paypal account right now, but I do get paid Friday.

I got the payment.

Ron I got yours too.

juggalo4life wrote:heather,
I would like to donate something, but i do not have a paypal account. Is there something i can do to get a donation out to you?

If you'd like you can send me a check / money order, but you'd have to do it immediately so that I have time to cash it and get it in my paypal account by Monday. If you sent it tomorrow I'd probably receive it by Saturday since you're not far. Otherwise your best bet may be to either contact Amanda and see about getting his parents address to send money or possibly a donation to the funeral home for costs. Or if you have a credit card, order a small arrangement to be sent. If you need my address PM me, or once I get the funeral home information I'll get it to you. Otherwise I can't think of any other options unless someone else can.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:03 PM
Heather - anghellic wrote:

Sound fair?

I'm hoping to have all the money collected by Monday evening / night, any money received after the flower order is placed I will paypal or send a check to his family for. The wake will start Tuesday at 3, so I plan to order before midnight to ensure same day delivery.
How much the flowers will cost all depends on how much is brought in on donations. All the ones I posted (normal funeral type arrangements) range from $75 - $125 each.
That is very generous of you. If you need any information about the flowers and stuff just let me know or PM me.

Let me know sometime on Monday how much you have and I will Pay Pal you right away.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:25 PM
no problem Karo, will do

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:28 PM
i will try to paypal as soon as i can, i just got another job so we'll see how big my last check was

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:02 PM
Heather,

I haven't used my paypal account in over a year and can't remember my info, so my donation will be included with Karo's. He will include my name and donation amount when he emails you.

My donation is nothing compared to what the cost of a funeral and cemetary or other bills the family might aquire (as he has a new truck, shipping costs of his belongings in CA, etc.). But I believe every dollar can do something. Plus, he gave his life for us, this is the least we all can do.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:17 PM
Heather, I have to move some funds around, but I'll have something by Friday.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:41 PM
no problem guys, no rush you have until monday night. I'll post up when to stop sending donations.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:19 PM
I get paid thursday, ill see what i can do.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:02 PM
I opened a paypal account today just for this, but their credit card verifier is not working right now. I will have to add my bank account and have to call my wife so she can tell me the deposit amounts to verify I guess...

I am trying though, I'll get it asap...

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:15 AM
Thomas
Ron
Kris
Crystal & Jacob
Jarett

Just confirming that I've received your donations. After ebay fees, right now we're at $103.72!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:05 AM
I just sent a donation as well, I'm hella broke at the moment, and all my bills are due...but this is deifnitely worth it. Should up the total a bit, and I forgot to put which one I want sent, but it doesn't matter really, so just put my name on somethin.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search