IS www.rsmracing.com a reliable e-shop? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IS www.rsmracing.com a reliable e-shop?
Monday, April 17, 2006 7:55 PM
I want to know how reliable is this page, cause i wanna get some products from there, but i´m not so sure about them, please tell me if i can trust them.

Thanks a lot.

Re: IS www.rsmracing.com a reliable e-shop?
Monday, April 17, 2006 8:06 PM
Monday, April 17, 2006 8:28 PM
Although I have nothing to really complain about, many people have recently come forward revealing RSM's unprofessionalism and ignorant business practices. You have to decide, weighing the pros and the cons, because people may tell you two different sides. Lately, they have not shown to be a straightforward and honest corporation with more than a few people. Furthermore, they increased their prices recently and they've become only a web-based company, meaning they will no longer work on customer's cars. I don't know about some people, but this doesn't sound like it bodes well for the company. Do a couple searches and check out the link MikeGT gave you and then decide.

Blown.
Monday, April 17, 2006 8:41 PM
I bought a 62mm throttle body from them a few years ago... I was required to pay an extra $299 for the ported intake manifold, only available as a combo.

I measured the throttle body when it got here.. it was only 60.83mm, and still is to this day.. I'm using it on the GM supercharger, so the $299 intake manifold I was required to buy was really a waste.

I will not buy from them again.

Monday, April 17, 2006 8:56 PM
They're a bunch of thieving bastards. Avoid them like the plague!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:10 AM

in a word, no.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - I HIT MY GOAL!!! thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:38 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:They're a bunch of thieving bastards. Avoid them like the plague!

what he said

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:04 AM
Don't know from personal experience, but like stated. A bunch of sh*t has been going on with them. They are VERY VERY expensive. Just a Stage I supercharger is 4 grand. That is absolutely ridiculous. A header that looks exactly like Pacesetter's for $300. And intake and throttle body for $650!!! A lower engine mount for 80 bones!!

In other words

Wild Weasel wrote:They're a bunch of thieving bastards. Avoid them like the plague!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:39 AM

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:00 AM
^^^ they don't even sell a complete kit. no injectors come with it(unless they changed it since Matt bought his).

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - I HIT MY GOAL!!! thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:13 AM
i've said it befor
RSM= Rape me Some More

Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
Sorry that you aren't fond of me... I guess you seem to be a loner in that crowd bud.

...i beg to differ

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:29 PM
over priced and poor quality......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:18 PM
halfJ99 wrote:i've said it befor
RSM= Rape me Some More

Or Really Stealing Money.....

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:25 PM
go with them and you may as well just shoot yourself in the freakin foot...

just outta curiosity tho so we all know, what are you lookin to get from there?

Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:06 PM
I really wanted a 62mm TB, a cams, a pulley and a header, but with all these commens i wont buy anything from them, so i´m very thankful about feedback you all people gave me, but now this is my next question: WHERE CAN I FOUND QUALITY PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR MY 2.4 TWIN CAM?? would you help me please? i´m a beginner but i wanna kick some mustang ASSES !!!!

THANKS A LOT !!!!!
Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:28 PM
Run away from those thieving bastards as fast as your legs can carry you.

Some day they will get whats coming to them. Karma's a bitch, Nelson.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:02 PM
There rippers alright...they made a mistake with my order a year back and then some. They shipped it from Canada to the US, A 62MM TB and intake...the set at the time. Costly one I might add...I was just starting my modding and knew no better!

I ended up owing another $25.00 or so duty taxes, from the North American Free Trade Agreement(NAFTA)! The 2 people I dealt with there at RSM would not dicuss any rebate or credit, it was their fault and they admitted it...a major snufu on their part.

I went as high as the #2 guy up their, was nice and explained my storey, No dice, no change, etc. He was completly useless!

Will never order from them again.......RIPPERS!!!!!!!!!

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:33 PM
Customs Duty is something that was there way before NAFTA and will be there until you Americans come to your senses and join Canada... or until we take over.. (take your pick).

Seriously, duties aren't unsual, RSM wouldn't have levvied that... that's your govt's fault.

If RSM tacked it on there and you paid THEM for it, well, that's a different story.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:40 PM
im gonna try and help as best i can with the parts

i dont yet have any true mods on my car, but im a loser, and all i do with my free time is look at cars and search for parts for mine online... just so you know im not dishin out ... u know how it is... i like to know what im talkin about when it comes to my car

here are some good sites you can go to and search around (that i know of, none of these sites will rip you off):
turbotechracing.com
aplusperformance.com
gravanatuning.com
jbodysource.com
Jtuners.com
RKSport.com
ryne.com (team vision racing)

if i forgot anything im sure someone else will add it in

try these sites for what youre lookin for rite now:

bigger throttle body, check out the HO intake manifold swap, and use the Quad 4 intake ( all the info you could possibly wany or need on that here: http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=478b43ae127d1003d24f0e5d1457d310&threadid=3252 ...parts with #'s next to them go here: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ )
for cams, check out the secret cam swap here: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=325334&t=325334
for a pulley i'd go with RKSport, carried by a couple places, but id go with Turbotechracing.com
as for a header definately go with pacesetter, or DC Sports, both also carried by turbotechracing.com

other than that, just check around man, all over the internet, and on this site too. theres a lot of stuff on here, just gotta know what youre lookin for and search ... 2.4's are SWEET and with all the stuff thats out there, it could be FREAKIN AWESOME... so best of luck, and i hope all that stuff helps you out a bit.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:46 PM
Quote:

and use the Quad 4 intake

when i said intake, i meant throttle body, lol... its a bigger bore i believe, and in combination with the intake will boost hp a bit... not to mention it looks SICK!!!

check out the pics
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=279568&t=279568

Sunday, April 23, 2006 3:20 AM
jon, you forgot Karo's site as well.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Monday, April 24, 2006 10:16 AM
how could i?
carcustoms.net

good call lilbit01

Monday, April 24, 2006 8:32 PM
OH !!!! Thanks a lot JON !!!! I will follow your advises and thanks a lot for all you people for helping me out
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search