almost got ripped off via our classrfieds! - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
almost got ripped off via our classrfieds!
Friday, May 05, 2006 9:26 PM
I cant believe. I have been a member here for 6-7 years now and sold many items through the site and not once had a issue until today.

Recently i put up for sale a EGR simulator for 50$ and i get this response from this e mail: susan jos <susan_jos117@yahoo.com>

"Hi,
Thank so much for your swift response,i will like to still inform you that i am very much interested in purchasing(item)and i will urge to you please remove the advert of this (item) from the wedsite as i dont want you to sell it to another buyer

susan "

i sorta am curious about the word "item" and how i didnt even respond to the e mail and i am getting thanked.. but i tell them to send me a money order and gave my address.
after i gave my address she /he asks
"Thank you for the mail , will like you to give your full infomation like this so that i can forward it to my accountant that will sent the payment to you in time ok so get back to as soon as you read my mail ok
so i need the information like this
FULL NAME
ADDRESS
STATE
CITY
COUNTRY
ZIP CODE
GET BACK TO "

sorta concerned why someone wants my country i live in to buy a damn EGR simulator for a cavalier. lol

then i get this today :

"my accountant this morning that have she sent the cheque to jake drew , she told me that the check as been sent to you ,so i asked her how much is the amount that she put on the check that she sent to you,she said ($,1.250) so i told her that she made a mistake,

so i want to sent her away it was my wife that call me that i should mail you first. that i should inform you,I am really sorry about this pls,i just want to told you what my accountant did, so i am not happy with her,so i will like you to know what you will help me to send the remaing money back via western union money transfer to my stupid accountant that make the mistake so i will like be happy if you can do this for me so get back to me as soon as you read my mail ,
GOD will bless you ok
Awaiting your mail.
Regard to you and your family"

f' that

i told her/ him that i am doing nothing western union. and if a "cheque" comes in my mailbox and it is that 1250$ amount, i will promptley send it back to the return address on the envolope. .
then i typed just now "
how @!#$ stupid do u think i am? this is a scam. you people rip off hard working americans. why cant u get a job and make a honest buck . peice of @!#$. dont try this crap on that site again. i have warned people. you spelt cheque, then check. get your @!#$ straight. you probably dont even know what the @!#$ i am selling.
have a nice day."

i didnt see any e mail back from him/her after i sent that.

sorta sad, after 6 years of buying/ selling crap on this site, i can trust no one now. too bad.

later
jake
aka GreenZ.

Re: almost got ripped off via our classrfieds!
Friday, May 05, 2006 9:49 PM
You got it wrong. Those people and scammers are easy to spot. I trust them better than the regular person in the classifieds. I know when I get an email like that it's a scam and I trust that they're out to screw me.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:42 AM
It happens...

As a good CYA method, if they don't mention in the e-mail WTH it is they want to purchase, just hit the "delete" button and wait for a legit buyer.

Of course, things could be like this (I asked Brian after this happened if it was ok to use this as a really good example of a scam and he agreed):

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=333401&t=333401

Saturday, May 06, 2006 1:23 AM
similar thing happend to me a few months ago. i posted an engine for sale, some guy replied to my classified and said he would give me the money.

we exchanged multiple emails, he had very broken english, like what is above. i heard from him like 2 times a month, and every time he said he was getting the money or that his contact in the US hadnt got the money yet.

so i gave him my WORK adress (i never give my home address online), and after not hearing from him for another month i received a hand-written letter in the mail to my work, with 3400$ in counterfiet money inside.

i took it to the bank and they said it was counterfiet. havent heard from him since.....

weather the 2 things are linked or not i dont know.....but he was the only person ive ever given my work address to, and the fake money came from the opposite side of the US from where i am.

creepy huh?

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car tuning site)

Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:18 AM
i'm shocked it took 6-7 years for you Jake to try and get screwed through the classifieds...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, May 06, 2006 1:24 PM
he emailed me back today.

"I am writting you in other for me to noticfy you that your payment has
been sent out to you for a while now and i will want you to please let
me know if you have recieved the payment now,as the payment should have
been delivered to you by now"

i told him "

. my wife just got back in from getting the mail, there is nothing in there.....and i am not selling you @!#$. if i get a payment in the mail, i am going to return it to the address on the envolope. "

Saturday, May 06, 2006 3:10 PM
^^^ keep it and frame it... that's about all it's worth

Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:07 PM
if anyone ever says will you accept a "cheque" you should delete and disregard

Saturday, May 06, 2006 9:22 PM
i have never had a bad purchase on the org.....

Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:23 PM
Well if that money actually does come through, you can send it over here to Atlanta, GA. Jamal will kindly take it and put this 2200 into the 13s via HPtuners, roads, and pistons.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:56 PM
dont worry jake

ill rip you off and give ya a kiss after

lol

atleast you caught it before it went farther

Sunday, May 07, 2006 1:09 PM
navycav3 wrote:if anyone ever says will you accept a "cheque" you should delete and disregard

I got news for you. A Check = cheque in french.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, May 07, 2006 2:21 PM
Quote:

I got news for you. A Check = cheque in french.

I've got news for you too! I dont live in @!#$in france

Sunday, May 07, 2006 2:32 PM
I think i'd be a little worried as now they have your information, and being a scammer, could find other ways to screw you over.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 3:17 PM
News flash!!!!

A good part of Canada is french and even some place in the Us!

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:34 PM
ok but they wouldnt speak in fine english and then break out a french word, you know?

its just apparent to me that its a scam

Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:57 PM
I've wrote like that before. When the "buyer" doesn't give the product name and write "item", you know it's a saved text that just copy and paste.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, May 07, 2006 5:12 PM
Mfk-223 wrote:I've wrote like that before. When the "buyer" doesn't give the product name and write "item", you know it's a saved text that just copy and paste.

or when they constantly repeat the products name

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:18 PM
how can i get scammed now that he has my address?. how is that even possiable. i mean there are thousands of names in a phone book with address's ?

i blocked his e mail's from coming to me.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:20 PM
youll get new ones, dont worry

Sunday, May 07, 2006 11:04 PM
Mfk-223 wrote:I got news for you. A Check = cheque in french.

The word cheque originated in England, not France

"check" is the Americanized term. almost every other English speaking country uses "cheque." Various non-English speaking countries have also adopted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheque

Quote:

'cheque' in the sense 'bank note' and 'check' in all other senses appear to have become distinct and cemented among all the English-speaking world outside the U.S....
While the British Isles and all Commonwealth countries have adopted the spelling "cheque", the U.S. has retained the form "check".

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:07 AM
Seriously. When I see it written "check" here I consider it wrong and ignorant.

Anyhow... common scam. Just have fun with it. When the cheque comes, just put it in a drawer and play along. Tell them you didn't get it and request that they send another one.

At least cost them some time and effort. You'll be doing a favour to the poor sap who's not getting scammed because you're wasting the scammers time.

Monday, May 08, 2006 6:22 AM

so if i get some $ in the mail, my wife wants to take it to the police and document it that i got it and sent it back. just covering my butt so they dont say i took the $ and ran.

reason being, we just finalized our 30 year home loan, and dont want any "issues" that can arise and screw us.

Monday, May 08, 2006 7:05 AM
You shoulda screwed with em a bit. I would have said sure no problem accidents happen. Then I would have said I got your check and put it in mt account and had MY accountant cut YOU a check but that they made a mistake as well and that a check for 10,000 is heading there way and for them to "Just send me the change"
I would have strung this ass allong for as long as I could have.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, May 08, 2006 8:21 AM
congrats on the house , or upcoming house

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search