Blue Cav Customs going up for sale... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Blue Cav Customs going up for sale...
Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:32 PM
Hi guys,

After a couple years of modest success I have decided to sell my entire operation. I became a distributor of RaceDeck Garage Flooring recently and me and some partners are going into the business of custom garage remodeling (kinda like the one I built for myself that was in the P&M forum). I simply won't have time to efficiently market the carbon fiber, take orders, track eBay auctions and coordinate shipping once this other business takes off.

Before I go any further, let me say that I AM STILL FILLING ALL CURRENT ORDERS, including everyone who placed an order in my Carbon Fiber Preorder GP. Any change of ownership will take place AFTER all current orders ship to avoid any related problems with doing it otherwise.

Here is what's up for sale:

600.00 worth of inventory to get you started.

All templates for my various Cavalier and Sunfire products, many of which are exclusive to Blue Cav. I will provide these in any format you need.

Contact information (and introduction to) all related contacts. I will make sure that everyone I work with is made aware that you will be their new contact and coordinate new communications between you and them.

Access to future templates. I will still be working as a graphic designer and will be pursuing new templates from cars other than J-bodys in my spare time. I will offer these templates to the buyer at a predetermined cost per template.

Non-Compete Agreement. I will sign a written document stating that I will not participate in the creation, sale or marketing of any product that you have purchased from me. I am willing to have this document drawn up by an attorney (yours or mine) and will pay hlaf of the legal cost.

Unlimited support for a period of 3 months. You will have access to my cell phone number, email, etc. I will help you in ANY way I can, answering any questions and contacting the above contacts as needed. After 3 months, I will of course still let you call me with questions, but will provide more concentrated help during this time.

Basic Website. Send me your logo and ideas and I will provide a several-page website with PayPal buttons, Contact Us page, basic navigation bar, etc and ONE YEAR of free hosting. I have a site that is almost complete and can have it online with your changes very quickly. I will put you in touch with my webmaster and you and he can arrange something else after the first year or you can host it elsewhere. I will make reasonable changes to the website as needed during the 3-month support period.

I will pay Dave in advance for your first 2 GPs.

I will provide any needed vinyl (such as whats needed for the Ecotec plates) in enough quantity to last you quite a while. I can also provide the clear decals for HVACs, etc at discounted rates.

Thats about it. Everything offered will be available in writing and I will discuss details with any interested party.

HERE IS HOW THE BUSINESS WORKS:

1. You buy the carbon fiber sheeting, brushed aluminum, etc from a supplier. Carbon fiber is cut into desired shapes by the carbon fiber supplier, and aluminum by the aluminum supplier, etc. Decals are printed by a third supplier. These suppliers either already have the templates or I can send them for you.

2. Parts are shipped directly to you, carbon fiber parts will already have 2-sided tape applied, brushed aluminum parts will have to be taped by hand (easy). Decals will come in a roll and must be separated using scissors, etc.

3. Determine inventory and put auctions up on eBay, JBO GPs, bring to car shows etc.
Keep a supply of padded envelopes etc. on hand and ship orders as you get paid. You'll know how much it costs to ship stuff as you gain experience. Digital scale is handy.

4. Collect profits. Basic retail theories apply. It costs less to make the parts than what you can sell them for. The hard part is done for you already (designing and testing all of the templates). All you have to do is plan, market and stay on top of your shipping.

PROFIT POTENTIAL:

I'm not going to list here exactly how much I make on every part, but I can tell you that REAL carbon fiber parts are a hit on eBay and JBO has been an awesome place to do business. Some parts double your money, some better, some less. I've profitted 250 dollars on Ecotec plates on eBay in the last 2 weeks alone. That's 250 bucks for waiting for PayPal payments and dropping envelopes in the mailbox every morning. Anyone with more time than me can make as much from this opportunity as they are willing to put into it.

Please email or PM me if you wish to discuss this further. Once we get down to 3 or 4 serious offers, we can talk on the phone and finalize things.

I have NO idea what this business is worth. I have no documents to support any sales, etc. When I do my taxes I just add up the numbers from my various Internet sales and throw them into one big sum (I also run a graphics business and board game accessory biz).

I will entertain ALL offers and./or trades of parts for a 2003 Cavalier. I want to get paid for all of the hours of design time I have spent and some of the contacts I have made and kept. However, I am not seeking thousands and thousands of dollars. I promise to make this work for you - I want to see the business live on through another owner - it's been really fun.

I will still be a very active member of JBO - hopefully some of you will buy my flooring! I'm not going anywhere, but I guess I'll need a new User Name soon! Please contact me to discuss this further.

Thanks!

Steve

Want to earn extra cash to mod your car? Buy this business!

Re: Blue Cav Customs going up for sale...
Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:52 PM
that's too bad man.
but im sure it is the best thing at this time. i wish you luck with eveything and the future.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:53 PM
sucks for us...lol...but good for you....i wish you the best....steve....

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:39 PM
Man I was gonna order so much stuff from you too. I hope the new owner does as good business as you did. Best of luck with everything man

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:04 AM
Wanted to add a few new points:

One, I will accept monthly payments from the Buyer, as long as there is an agreement that these payments will be made on time, etc. Deposit of at least 1000 would be required up front to cover the parts and some of my website labor.

Two, you do NOT have to keep the name Blue Cav Customs - I'll tailor the website, etc to whatever you want and provide the new domain.

Finally, I have been thinking of how much I want for it and I think that around 2500 bucks in trade/cash will work. You'll get 600 of that back right away when you start selling the inventory I'm including and the cost for the custom website and year of hosting is well over 400-500 bucks. You can make the rest in less than 3 months, depending on how hard you are willing to work at it and then everything you make from there on out is clear money.

This is a GREAT opportunity for someone. I'm practically giving away this business at this price - just want to move on and maybe grab some stuff for my car in the bargain.

Thanks to Dave for letting me have this thread - I would have paid for it if it were a GP, and it really does not fit in Classified...I appreciate being allowed to sell the business here since it is a piece of JBO history

Steve

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:16 AM
Well this would certainly explain why I never get phone calls about my stuff anymore!!
LOL !!!! Well Steve good luck. Guess this means no emblems or foot ball jerseys tho huh?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:17 AM
Man, I would love to jump on this opportunity seeing as I have all the free time in the world for something like this. Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to handle it very well since I don't have the slightest clue about running something like that since it's mainly you having to do everything, instead of it just being drop shipped. Good luck on the sale.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Friday, April 28, 2006 11:23 AM
Jackalope, I'll still get a few pieces of scrap CF from this current run to make that rear emblem for you. And yeah, the jerseys did NOT do as well as xpected but I can still make you one...

Heather, PM or email me - it's not nearly as hard as you might think. You get a shipment of CF parts and pack them in a padded envelope and simply mail them to the customers. Sometimes a part here or there needs a LITTLE sanding, but that's easy.

The hardest part is keeping track of who ordered what, whether or not they have paid, and where to ship it. If you always keep parts in stock and charge up front for preorders when you're about to do a new run, it's extremely simple. And don't forget that I would be right there helping you run it for the first 3 months, although most people are really only going to need me for the first month to get everything arranged.

-Steve

Friday, April 28, 2006 12:18 PM
Steve I'd love the rear emblem when ever you get a chance. As for the jersey don't put yourself out my friend its not that big a deal.

I do want that emblem tho as its supposed to cover the key hole up for that shaved look.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, April 28, 2006 3:21 PM
hey man, id like some more details.... shoot me a PM, and we can talk!! kinda fits right into where im going

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Friday, April 28, 2006 5:32 PM
PM Sent!

Friday, April 28, 2006 8:28 PM
Dude steve shoot me a email i have a idea and would like to jump on this as well! thanks steve!

Who needs a sig?
www.sinisterimages.com
Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:23 AM
hmmmmm PM info

Saturday, April 29, 2006 2:08 PM
Just got back from a big garage flooring job (actually a showroom for a Ford Performance shop) but I'll PM you tonight for sure.

Steve

Sunday, April 30, 2006 10:48 AM
Man steve that sucks to hear that your not gonna be in the carbon fiber buis. Your stuff is top notch. To anyone interested this is gonna be a steal!!

Sunday, April 30, 2006 3:35 PM
Victor, please PM me with any questions or email me at bluecavcustoms@yahoo.com.

I'd really like to start drafting paperwork between me and the buyer within the next couple of weeks. After that, I'm gonna be busy and it will delay things.

Thanks!

Steve

Monday, May 01, 2006 7:34 AM
Hi guys,

I am going to sweeten this deal to hopefully establish a quick sale. I am NOT lowering the price because the business is not worth my original asking price, but ONLY because I am getting busier and busier and I need to move on other projects. By June, I'll be up to my eyeballs in custom garage designs in addition to the busy season at my full-time job. I want to be sure I can get the Buyer's website completed and be available to help them get established whenever I'm needed (which I can still do no matter what but I don't want to push it too much).

2100 bucks takes it. I'll take 1100 as a deposit (after the Buyer is satisfied with the Contract) then 500 per month for 2 months - you'll be able to pay your first payment with the inventory that you'll be getting, and you'll be clearing 100% profit by the end of summer.

Don't know what else I can do to give this opportunity away - I want to give it to a JBO member, but if I can't reach a deal in a week or two I may have to put an ad in the Washington Post.

Thanks!

Steve

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:14 AM
BlueCavCustoms wrote:Hi guys,

I am going to sweeten this deal to hopefully establish a quick sale. I am NOT lowering the price because the business is not worth my original asking price, but ONLY because I am getting busier and busier and I need to move on other projects. By June, I'll be up to my eyeballs in custom garage designs in addition to the busy season at my full-time job. I want to be sure I can get the Buyer's website completed and be available to help them get established whenever I'm needed (which I can still do no matter what but I don't want to push it too much).

2100 bucks takes it. I'll take 1100 as a deposit (after the Buyer is satisfied with the Contract) then 500 per month for 2 months - you'll be able to pay your first payment with the inventory that you'll be getting, and you'll be clearing 100% profit by the end of summer.

Don't know what else I can do to give this opportunity away - I want to give it to a JBO member, but if I can't reach a deal in a week or two I may have to put an ad in the Washington Post.

Thanks!

Steve

i would like to talk about the details, but for now put me down as one of your options to sell it to. im intrested and i like the fact you will let me do 2 payments. i was looking at starting some kind of in-home buisness, and i think i just found it

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car tuning site)

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:28 AM
Just email or PM me when you are ready!

Monday, May 01, 2006 12:13 PM
damn this suck, i was gonna buy some stuff for the new Z.... oh well hopefully someone from the .org buys the stuff to sell them again. by the way steve do you have my XM radio piece i sent you along time ago. i kinda need it back cuz im getting rid of the radio and the kid im selling it to wants all the pieces to it, thanks. good luck with the new venture!!

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:55 AM
wow dunno how i missed this post. good luck with the sale and new business Steve

btw. i got the decals saturday and thanks alot. They look great.

Monday, May 08, 2006 12:13 PM
UPDATE:

I have had several solid inquiries but no Buyer yet. My final offer to the JBO is that I will take 600 down to cover the inventory you'll be getting and 500/month for 3 months.

This is a steal - you have NO idea how long it took to get all of these design templates and the contacts needed to make the parts. I'm ready to draw up paperwork and get you started in your new business, so let's delay no longer.

I already dropped the price 400 bucks - it's not going any lower

Steve

Monday, May 08, 2006 1:54 PM
PM sent

I am SUPER interested, just curious on some details. Unlike the others, I have money right now

Monday, May 08, 2006 6:06 PM
by the way steve do you have my XM radio piece i sent you along time ago. i kinda need it back cuz im getting rid of the radio and the kid im selling it to wants all the pieces to it, thanks. good luck with the new venture!! [/quote wrote:

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 3:38 PM
can you sensd me an email with more info. ihave the money and would really like to buy your buisness.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search