I need the org's help. Part it out or leave it? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need the org's help. Part it out or leave it?
Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:12 AM
I've been considering selling my car, parting it out, and just leaving it alone..and I think i've come to a conclusion that I'm going to part it out, and drive it stock. I'm really not into the whole tuner scene anymore. I think the only reason I was in the first place was because of my friends and "the fast and the furious" haha. I just need your opinions on what you guys think. I could make nearly $4000 if I part it out. The car is paid off, so it would go right in my pocket. I'm 20, wanna move out soon. I think its a good choice. What do you guys think? I know solely its up to me, but to anyone whos sold or parted out their car, how did it go for you?

Re: I need the org's help. Part it out or leave it
Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:42 AM
so you still smile when you see it out in the parking lot?

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Re: I need the org's help. Part it out or leave it?
Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:46 AM
If i was in the states I would make an offer on them rims ...lol. I say keep it the way it is and dont part it out.. lol
Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:37 AM
I still think the car looks great and everything. But i think id be just as happy with it stock. id get the lip kit, still be lowered, and have 4k in my pocket. Im not all that into car shows anymore, don't really do much with the friends any more. no car clubs or anything like that, never really seen the point of it. therefore i think i will part it out and have a decent car and alot more money. i cant sleep ive been up all night thinking about it. id like to sleep on it, but i cant sleep!!!

Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:14 AM
hmm, if you part it out how much would you be selling your body kit and rims for? just curious.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:24 AM
i used to think the same way. until i found something that i would actually want to do with my car.
i used to want to get a $700 plus ugly ass body kit for shows. then i realized that car shows are nothing more than a whine and bitch fest at the end. and are basically boring.
then a buddy of mine suggested going to the local drag strip on friday. so i went. the rest is history. last year i got 2 runner up trophies and 2 weeks ago i got 1st place in the sport copact class. and i get more attention in one night racing then i ever have in the car shows i have entered combined.
what im saying try and find your thing to do with your car. if it be autoX, drag racing, whatever. and if you are stil unhappy. then do what you want

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:28 AM
Body kit would be 650 and rims i'm lookin to get 1200 they have brand new tires on em.

I'm not positive I wanna part it out. I mean, its fun and all. Its just not as fun as it used to be. Im torn.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 5:15 AM
i hope you have a TON of parts, cuz 4K takes a while to get to with a bunch of used parts??? i duno man i think you might be over estimating what you can get

if i was you id leave it and just stop putting money in it

Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:11 AM
97cavy22 wrote:i hope you have a TON of parts, cuz 4K takes a while to get to with a bunch of used parts??? i duno man i think you might be over estimating what you can get

agree completely

Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:20 AM
I figured it all out w/ a calculator im smart. Its over 4k I have like 20 some odd parts, but I'm leaning toward keeping it. The JCO bash is coming up i cant wait for that. Maybe that will change my mind and make me wanna keep it. I'll at least wait til then to decide. Thanks guys.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:33 AM
1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:Body kit would be 650 and rims i'm lookin to get 1200 they have brand new tires on em.

I'm not positive I wanna part it out. I mean, its fun and all. Its just not as fun as it used to be. Im torn.

its a funk...you'll get over it

Saturday, May 13, 2006 9:08 AM
Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:
97cavy22 wrote:i hope you have a TON of parts, cuz 4K takes a while to get to with a bunch of used parts??? i duno man i think you might be over estimating what you can get

agree completely

X2

-Brandon

Saturday, May 13, 2006 11:01 AM
I say look at it this way:

If it doesnt interest you anymore, get rid of the crap you dont want/need/like. What happens if you get into an accident tomorrow with all the parts still on the car? You'll kick yourself in the ass for not dumping the stuff you were previously considering getting rid of. If you dont enjoy it, dont bother.

There's my 2 pennies.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:08 PM
redecocav wrote:

agree completely

X2

x3

used parts don't sell for a lot of money, regardless of what YOU think they're worth.

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:16 PM
id say keep it all.........its worth more in the end................
and you wont regret it

everyone goes threw the slump....and 4000 dollars wont last that long then you will have no money and a stock lookin car and wishin you hadnt done it in the first place

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:25 PM
The Redneck wrote:
redecocav wrote:

agree completely

X2

x3

used parts don't sell for a lot of money, regardless of what YOU think they're worth.

X4 its hard to sell used parts, especially to cavlaier owners cause most are cheap asses

Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:53 PM
keep it the way it is unless you're getting rid of the car. if you part it out and keep the car you will miss the way it looked everytime you walk outside and see a stock cavalier. i made this mistake, and im building from scratch again.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:36 PM
wait a month, thats not a decision u make over night, ive seen people ditch it and leave the scene, and then there are those that say they are done, sell everything for a loss (its always a loss) then a few months later they are buying more parts. ive had days when i just want to sell my car and be done with it, so i basically walk away from it for a week or two, then i look at the car and see how nice it looks and realise that i'd rather have a nice looking car then riding around in some stock car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, May 13, 2006 11:02 PM
Yeah I hear ya guys, today I took some time and fixed every little detail I didn't like about my car. I'm more than likely keeping it the way it is, and I think if I get bored with it, i'll just add or change a lil somethin on it, cuz I do like the car and I figure its the last nice one ill have for a few years! Thanks for everyones imput!

Sunday, May 14, 2006 12:06 AM
get rid of the body kit and make it more driveable... you'll enjoy it a million times more, trust me.. not every cavalier is meant to be a show car

-marc

daily driven.
Monday, May 15, 2006 2:25 AM
give it to me.

then everyone is happy...well...except you

Monday, May 15, 2006 7:51 AM
illd9 wrote:get rid of the body kit and make it more driveable... you'll enjoy it a million times more, trust me.. not every cavalier is meant to be a show car

ill agree w/ that if you get tired of it loose the body kit and get a gm s/c and the car and try out the go end of the spectrum

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:48 AM
Lose the pretty parts and get some go-fast parts.

Looks slow & goes fast > Goes slow & looks fast.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Monday, May 15, 2006 10:31 AM
yup if you decide to part it out let me know theres a few things that i wouldnt mind buying

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:38 PM
if i was u i would just give the car to me it would be in good hands dont worry lol

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search