OK to sell stuff to a Canada address unverified?? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OK to sell stuff to a Canada address unverifie
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:35 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Internet rule of thumb #2346236237 is: Threads about wondering if you're getting scammed are as lame as Altezza's and lambo-doors.

OUCH!!!

You're not half-bad though

Am I the only one thinking lambo-doors are getting played the hell out?

I wasn't trying to bust on anyone's car, I'm just sick of seeing them.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:36 PM
An unverified address shouldn't hurt the seller but only the buyer.

I sell very large volumes of auto parts on ebay and have never had any trouble with unverified addresses OR international bidders. Unverified just means they aren't covered and they can't file a claim.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:12 PM
I would like to know how to verify my US address when I'm in Canada. I have a verified Canadian address, but there's little value to shipping stuff there because UPS's $60+ "border fees" kill me. Especially on a $20 part!!!

...j

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:50 PM

AVOID UPS always when having something shipped to canada !!!
no matter the value of the product, you always get hit with that 40.00 broker fee!! I would suggest using fedex express its a little more expensive, but all fees are included, and you get it within 2 days !!

Also Verified or not doesnt really matter id send to anyone as long as the money is in my bank account ! People get affraid when they see PO BOXES, but lots of people have PO boxes for ex. if this person is a student all students on a campus will have a PO BOX, or some apartment buildings will have a PO BOX.

Paypal will bot go after the person who shipped the item just keep your records ! even if the credit card is stolen paypal will lose they wont come after you! Thats why when your not verified paypal limits you to a certain amount that you can send before having to become verified !!

IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY SHIP IT !!!!!!
Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:10 AM
John Lenko wrote:I would like to know how to verify my US address when I'm in Canada. I have a verified Canadian address, but there's little value to shipping stuff there because UPS's $60+ "border fees" kill me. Especially on a $20 part!!!

...j

I live in Canada and I have a US shipping address, not even a PO box, and I cannot register the address on my Paypal account nor can I set it as a gift address. I have spoken to Paypal about this in the past and they will not, nor do they support or have any way to, register an address outside of your CC billing address country.

As stated previously you need to just request that they ship it to a different address. If it "never" gets there then Paypal tries to blame you (the seller) as you shipped it to an address that was not registered on the buyers account... it's basically a way to ensure that people who are dumb enough to give out thier Paypal account info to those stupid emails stating, "OMG, we here at Paypal lost all your info... please send us your SIN, Mothers maiden name, address, bank account numbers, pin numbers, etc..." Then the Phisher (that is what the pricks are called) logs into the Paypal account and starts making purchases or transfering funds. Of course they need to have it shipped to a different address and that is where the Confirmed Address comes into place...

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search