write up - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
write up
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:38 AM
how many people would be interested in a full write up of the following, including step by step photos or movie??

all of the following on a 2003 cav coupe

1.) Hahn stage 2 turbo kit w/ greddy BOV

2.) World Electronics TBC-1

3.) Spec lightened flywheel

4.) Spec stage 2+ clutch kit

5.) Tien Super Street coil overs

6.) Tien EDFC

7.) drift body kit install

8.) SSBC 13" front brake conversion

9.) SSBC 12" rear disc conversion

10.) anti-sway bar install

11.) cry-O2 intercooler and fuel cooling system w/ purge valve

12.) engine part polish how to

13.) full interior and exterior neon

14.) steering wheel swap out

15.) fatmat sound dampening material

16.) Autometer Nexus full series install

17.) custom dash bezel install how to

18.) possibably a short hvlp paint write up

19.) possibably a pioneer Z1 install

20.) badge shave and 03 tial light masking how to

21.) possible harness bar how to. correctly mounted at shoulder hieght and with vertical supports

22.) possible trunk racing pin install

and last but not least.......................

23.) the worlds first fully functional roof scoop on a cavalier, with air routing system and electronic valve to seal out weather and air for when its not in use.

i know that thats a lot to swallow, but i have a good camera and some even better people to help.
you know what i may just make it a video and put it on streetfire.net,.......................
hmmmm i dont know, anyways this will all be happening over this summer and i want to share all that i have learned with those who share my passion for this sport.

depending on the # of replies to this thread and the # of vote for each install, will depend onwhat i write up and how.

to submit your vote, simply write the # (to the left of the description) of the install(s) you want to see and any comments you have or any other installs that you might wanna see. well thats all for now so start voting and ill catch y'all later

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers

Re: write up
Monday, May 08, 2006 11:16 AM
Sure, why not

Monday, May 08, 2006 1:21 PM
go ahead

Monday, May 08, 2006 1:53 PM
wow so much enthusiasm..............not.

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:41 AM
If you provide them, people will appreciate it. I'm always adding to my site and whenever I do, I find there's always people who find the new info useful.

Do all that you can and people will be better off for it.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:30 AM
I'm up for that..

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:34 AM
id sure like to read a few of those!!

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:12 PM
WOW you have a lot planned, and I would love to see it.

-Brandon

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 7:23 PM
It would be interesting. Go for it if you have the time and cash.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:38 AM
wow i like that power ranger sig. of yours reminds me of good old days.
Friday, May 12, 2006 5:09 PM
Quote:

id sure like to read a few of those!!

X2

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:08 PM
I'm interested in a few of those myself....

Specifically: Clutch/Flywheel and HVLP paint write-ups

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:02 PM
I think a paypal donation account would also be a good idea. So people who want to donate for the work and expenses of creating the videos. I would like to see all those created.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:53 PM
sounds dope..

do it up!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:40 AM
titus03 wrote:I think a paypal donation account would also be a good idea. So people who want to donate for the work and expenses of creating the videos. I would like to see all those created.

You're suggesting people pay him for providing info he hasn't even come up with yet?

Those writeups are the sort of thing that we just do for one another because it's helpful. If people want to send him something to thank him later, then that's totally cool but you seem to be suggesting that we pony up just for the privilege of having him write them. I really don't agree with this at all.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:54 AM
I'd definately be interested in 12.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:36 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
titus03 wrote:I think a paypal donation account would also be a good idea. So people who want to donate for the work and expenses of creating the videos. I would like to see all those created.

You're suggesting people pay him for providing info he hasn't even come up with yet?

Those writeups are the sort of thing that we just do for one another because it's helpful. If people want to send him something to thank him later, then that's totally cool but you seem to be suggesting that we pony up just for the privilege of having him write them. I really don't agree with this at all.

I should have clarified a little bit better. I don't mean that people should pay before hand. I'm talking about after at least one or two how to's are finished. I agree that sending money before anything gets done would not be a good idea. But after he does some work and posts a couple then I think it would be great for whoever wants to donate to be able to do so.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:06 AM
titus03 wrote:I should have clarified a little bit better. I don't mean that people should pay before hand. I'm talking about after at least one or two how to's are finished. I agree that sending money before anything gets done would not be a good idea. But after he does some work and posts a couple then I think it would be great for whoever wants to donate to be able to do so.

Ah... well in that case then, by all means click my sig and make generous use of the "donate" buttons on my HowTo pages.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:27 AM
Maybe there should be a "How-To" section here on the JBO. That way you don't get nooBs asking "How do I do an IRS swap?" And you get the grumpy old-timer saying "SEARCH you @!#$ NOOB!!!11"

But that will never happen even though Mods. notice this and should bring it to the attention of Dave.

I love the "How-to" section on SRTforums, everything is so organized.

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:41 PM
do it i have already read all the other how tos another couple would be cool.

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:45 PM
lol none of these will ever be complete

Friday, May 26, 2006 2:04 PM
Quote:

nahh ahhh...you don't know me....

Friday, May 26, 2006 6:16 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:
titus03 wrote:I should have clarified a little bit better. I don't mean that people should pay before hand. I'm talking about after at least one or two how to's are finished. I agree that sending money before anything gets done would not be a good idea. But after he does some work and posts a couple then I think it would be great for whoever wants to donate to be able to do so.

Ah... well in that case then, by all means click my sig and make generous use of the "donate" buttons on my HowTo pages.

Done. Havn't used the any of the write ups but I bet their were helpfull for many others. Thanks for helping out the org.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search