ATTENTION JBO: Buyer Beware! - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: DO NOT BUY FROM MANTAPART!!!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:49 PM
I sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau yesterday. I am asking for a refund.
Lets see the out come.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:48 AM
Update:
I still have not received anything from BBB or Mantapart.
People with BBB experience, how long did it take to see action?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 21, 2006 10:49 AM

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, July 22, 2006 12:37 AM
The BBB can't make them refund you but it is an other chance you will get something. They take about 2 weeks and at least people can check BBB and see there is a complaint against them. I have used the BBB time and time again. Even when they couldn't get me results I felt better alerting people and getting something on their record.

If it is in a small town you would be suprised what can happen if you have enough people call in and complain to their local Chamber of Commerce. I have seen places driven out of business for conducting bad business especially if it affects enough people.

What they gave you was a complete piece of crap and working in the Auto Industry that really makes me sick. Sorry for your loss.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:07 PM
ah mantapart...i made that mistake once. a few years ago i ordered a CAI from them for the 99 sunfire, which i no longer have. anyways...they looked to me like an up-and-up company, so like most i sent payment with my order. after several (4 or 5) weeks i called them. they said a snow storm had shut down thier business for a long while and the parts would ship soon. after a couple more weeks i called again, and again got the snow storm story. i begin to call then every other day till they confirmaed that it shipped. well when i got it it was horrible. polished finish was terrible, and the IAT sensor hole was marked but not drilled. fit was terrible. i ended up buying a different intake then selling the pieces to a friend to custom make a intake for his car.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:40 PM
I guess I've had the ONLY decent experience with them...Then again, I bought a whole crate engine, and went personally to pick it up. I wouldn't buy anything else from them unless I was going there to get it myself. And definetly nothing they make themselves.

They never sent me my warranty paperwork, but the warranty is up and I'm still driving.

Sorry for your misfortune, I had to research several sites and hound them for info when I went to them.

BTW Mantapart is based out of storage buildings, and their "garage" is a storage building as well. The cars and office are in one building and the motors are in another. I didn't see any other merchandise, but then again, the owner didn't give me the grand tour. I drove by it when I went to pick up my motor, seeing as there isn't even a sign out front.

Monday, July 24, 2006 11:58 AM
Can we get a j buyyer beware sticky with each company outlined and problems. I think would be a great thing not to have see these every couple days becuase some di*& decided to get money off our cars by selling crap.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:01 AM
NightmaresCavy wrote:Can we get a j buyyer beware sticky with each company outlined and problems. I think would be a great thing not to have see these every couple days becuase some di*& decided to get money off our cars by selling crap.
good idea

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:22 AM
I would get in touch with a lawyer. Best way to get results in my opinion

Friday, August 04, 2006 2:02 PM
NightmaresCavy wrote:Can we get a j buyyer beware sticky with each company outlined and problems. I think would be a great thing not to have see these every couple days becuase some di*& decided to get money off our cars by selling crap.

Excellent idea!^
-------------------
Here is an update on what the BBB's part which i requested on Wed.

I sent your complaint on to Mantapart for their response on 7/14/06. If I
have not heard from them by the end of this week, I will send out a
follow-up letter. Once I know something, I will forward it on in writing.
Generally, it takes about 30 days to close a complaint.

Thank you!

Melissa Padisak
Director of Marketing & Public Relations
Better Business Bureau of the Mahoning Valley
-------------------
Thanks for support and advice. I'll keep you updated.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:30 AM
Another update:

The BBB could not get in contact with them as Mantapart is ignoring them too. The complaint is up for them.
They suggested me to contact the Ohio State Attorney General, which I did. As for extra measure, I contacted mines too (FL).

Lets see how it goes.
The reason I am posting updates is so if others have to deal with terrible service, you can see the paths you have to take.
Wish it was resolved long time ago though (argh), but I am not going to stop until this is resolved.

By any chance... Does anyone know, if I take this to small claims court, will I have to go Ohio or will they have to come here to show up for court? How does that work?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, August 19, 2006 6:41 PM
good luck
and its a good thing you are posting updates as i know most people wouldnt have a clue what to do

Re: DO NOT BUY FROM MANTAPART!!! (Conclusion!)
Friday, September 08, 2006 10:54 AM
^Thanks bro... and you are right, which is exactly why I am doing the updates.^

Update... .
Case closed!
But it took a lot to get it at this point.

So after Mantapart ignored the BBB, I went on to report it to the Ohio Attorney General and my Florida Attorney General as well. Ohio never gave me a response to the complaint (Not saying they did not do any thing).
Florida AG gave me a response and told me they could not do much, but provided to a bunch of links on how I can do this.
A few days later (last week) I got a letter through US mail, stating to send over any document supporting my complaint.
I did with hard-copy emails, check receipts, BBB complaint receipt, everything I had and sent it all last Friday.
Yesterday, I sign off on a package that I was expecting and I wind up with 2 packages as I sign--- I see the name Mantapart on it . I was pleasantly surprised because I was not expecting anything from them.

It was packed correctly and everything is in working order and intact. One thing though, with a flimsy ruler I have I am reading 58-59mm and not 60mm as advertise. Could be my faulty ruler, or just a mis-measurement like RSM's. I guess people does not understand the simplicity of the metric system.

So who was the one that rattled their cage? I have no idea. Conscious maybe? Whatever it is, I am satisfied, did not loose my money and it is OVER.
So word of advice, ALWAYS pay by credit card or paypal, for protection. And if they don't accept them, like Mantapart at that moment did, be VERY CAREFUL and try to shop else where.

Thanks for the support people.

Onward with the pics of the product and a comparison.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, September 08, 2006 11:09 AM
Good, glad to hear you got the product. Funny how Mantapart doesn't even contact you to tell you "sorry about delay, we're sending parts now". You can tell they don't like interacting with customer's AT ALL. They didn't want to contact you because they knew you'd chew them out.

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:22 PM
I'm glad you continued to update the case as it went through its different stages and way to go with the end result

Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:02 PM
wow.

that's all I have to say

Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:13 PM
hahaha those TBs arent even close to the same condition
wow

Friday, September 22, 2006 4:31 PM
from everything that I've read so far, I won't be buying so much as a bolt from Mantapart.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, September 25, 2006 9:25 PM
I can't beleave Mantapart shipped your parts out too you!

Some of the 2nd gen guys are still waiting for parts 1 year after they ordered them. So you got off lucky.

Judging by the site, you'd think, hey... cool. People that race their products.... But with the stories told here on JBO, I am highly surprised they still are around.

I figured you would have heard about MantaPart before, can't beleave anyone would even risk dealing with them.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:36 PM

hewww... another terrible horror story from Mantapart... they better get straight soon cause they will loose everything they have build up to now. If you want a healthy business, there nothing complicated! give the best customer service you can and offer top of the line products shipped in reasonnable time frame. There too much company out there still ripping people and having bad customer service or even no customer support at all! Those people should be out of business IMO

My business, MRZ Performance, always do everything possible to have customers that are more than satisfied and this is our #1 priority coming with giving the best products you will be able to find anywhere. All orders have a time frame when you place them and if there is any delays, you will be informed right away. I know how people that buy those parts want to be threated since I'm a car maniac by myself

BTW, mismeasuring when you are a machinist and you just bored out a hole is simply impossible. Other manufacturers make the bore smaller since they only bore the OEM thrrottle body and install a bigger plate... they make it as big as they can, but that only a couple milimeters over the OEM size since the wall are getting thin pretty fast. MRZ Performance Throttle body are machined out to your specifications. If you order a 62mm, this is what you will receive. You want a 60mm, that's what you'll receive. We developped special techniques to make bigger bores out of the OEM throttle body acheiving great results. It take a lot more work and CNC equipment is needed to acheive this work but we'll always be ready to put the extra time to deliver the best products to our customer.

sorry if this post comes to late or if it's too long but I had just too much to say when I saw thing like that

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com
Custom performance and appearance mods that really Stand Out from the Crowd.
-------------------------------------------------

Friday, October 13, 2006 10:47 PM
Glad you got it settled Mr. G.......... I've ordered from Manta twice, always COD....... and the last time, THEY forgot to send it COD ........ granted it took 2 weeks longer then what they said it would take.......

Mathieu, thats what I like to hear

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 2:36 PM
That's pretty interesting also:

http://www.youngstown.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=04320000&ComID=0432000008000359

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com
Custom performance and appearance mods that really Stand Out from the Crowd.
-------------------------------------------------

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search