why dont the gmsc bash have a tour? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
why dont the gmsc bash have a tour?
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:22 AM
wondering why the gmsc bash dont do a tour....only visit the major cities throughout....that way it gives all us enthusiast a chance to be a part of this great gathering.....what do everyone else think....its only a suggestion

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Re: why dont the gmsc bash have a tour?
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:24 AM
an expensive one and youd need people to committ to travel the whole tour to make it worth while

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:06 AM
*droOpy* wrote:wondering why the gmsc bash dont do a tour....only visit the major cities throughout....that way it gives all us enthusiast a chance to be a part of this great gathering.....what do everyone else think....its only a suggestion

you want it to happen? you plan it.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:17 AM
liltits01 wrote:
*droOpy* wrote:wondering why the gmsc bash dont do a tour....only visit the major cities throughout....that way it gives all us enthusiast a chance to be a part of this great gathering.....what do everyone else think....its only a suggestion

you want it to happen? you plan it.

x2

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:30 AM
well there already was sort of in 2004 with all the pre meets, it was the rodimus world tour

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 2:40 PM
this is a good idea, but there needs to be planning. but what was said above came off a tad bit on the @!#$ side.

it would take a corporation, full time employees, and someone to determine if it could be profitable.
people that would be willing to take the time and money to do, could pull off something great.
with enough sponsors, could even have a great turnout.

probably would have to start out small at first, but the more modded small cars out there, i think it has the potential to grow.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:49 PM
gmscb is dead

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:19 PM
why not just follow NOPI around, J-bodies aren't competing with that

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:05 AM
this thread makes me laugh for various reasons.

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 7:18 AM
SAC - [Say yes to RatZero wrote:]this thread makes me laugh for various reasons.

It just makes me shake my head.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:07 AM
Did you see this thread?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:12 AM
stargrrrl wrote:Did you see this thread?

thats a great idea
I just dont think Tim ever had the resources, money, or time to be able to do something like that
he did the best he could with what he had, and instead of complaining a lot of people should have thanked him

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:39 AM
complaining? from org member? no cant be

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:34 AM
i know
i mean all these j owners are so thankful and never drive people away from the org or org related businesses

Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:46 AM
Tim is to anal retentive, he would NEVER let the bash in any form be sublet out of his control. So you can't "just" plan your own GMSCB. a GM small car meet could be done.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:32 PM
anyone could plan any event they wanted. would it matter what name you called it, if you provided a quality event, The majority of people would rather have someone else do all the work and just complain about it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:05 AM
$$$$

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:57 PM
If this guy can't even manage proper grammar, how is he supposed to organise a huge car meet?

Friday, September 22, 2006 5:00 PM
I still think it's a good idea to try and manage several smaller meets.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, October 02, 2006 2:17 PM
The bash in it's current state and management basically sucks. The first 2 were decent the 3rd ok.

Really, what did for me was the year Tim came up with the bright idea that by the next bash ALL J-body car clubs were going to be forced to declare themselves as "chapters" of the J-Body Organization. And that Tim (designating himself) was going to be the national president or whatever, and he was going to personally elect his friends as JBO club heads of every region. And sadly Dave was all cool with this. (the backlash from this is probably why he seperated the JBO from the Bash, i'm just guessing though)

I remember it was a hot button issue on these boards when the bash was over that year and we all got home and had time to think about how F'ed up that was. From tha day forward i totally lost all respect for Tim and the Bash.

Anybody remember this B.S. from like the last day of the '99 or 2000 bash? (the last one at Lordstown) There were a ton of us at that "special meeting" so i know i'm not the only one that remembers this.
Sounded like a guy with a desperate power trip issue. So as far as i'm concerned i'm glad it's over, I'd really like to see someone with a more level head take over and make it fun again

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:46 PM
^^^ you sound exactly like Scruf. he found that the 03 bash was a waste of time...and i think he went to the 04 and hated that, too.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 2:23 PM
i must go to diffrent bashes. ive enjoyed everyone ive gone too

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, October 08, 2006 8:37 PM
sndsgood wrote:i must go to diffrent bashes. ive enjoyed everyone ive gone too

+1

Sunday, October 08, 2006 9:03 PM
I haven't been to a bash, but would like to

Monday, October 09, 2006 8:19 AM
yeap. i never went to a bash but i planned on going to a couple of times but never had the finances to drive 10+ hours to go to one. i always heard how fun they were but i see where some people post some compliants. i just think it should take more than a couple of months to plan something that should be a huge event like that and just more than like a few people. but im not one to sit here "complain or comply" with either since i have yet to experience it. still wish i could. i think what would be more logical instead or a tour would be regional at first then tour it once it got established and big and financially fit to do so.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search