SCAMED OUTA 2200$ - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SCAMED OUTA 2200$
Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:58 PM
ok i have been on here for a lil while now and decided to buy something off of someone! his name was derek gregory of oklahoma city OK ..i was suppose to buy a CF hood and a SC for my 02 cavie...we talked through email and on phone may times b4 i decided to buy from this guy ..i sent him 2200$ throug western union! after he got the money he said he was going to ship the stuff that day , so i had to call him casue he wasnt calling me back with the tracking number , he gave me some made up number, afet spending hours on the phone trying to find out if the stuff had been shipped or not ..i finaaly got the info that the number he gave me was a fake!
i called him many times ..no answer ..emailed him telling him that i was going to the authority's if he did not refund the money or send the product! HE DID NEITHER!!!! so now i have come to the point were i have no other choice but to do something! Anyone know of a good way to go about getting my money back ..or at least making him pay for what he has done? he has 3 diffrent accountts on here if u check .... DEREK GREGORY

thanx for your alls time

just didnt want this guy to do this to someone else

Re: SCAMED OUTA 2200$
Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:08 PM
Aaron Chambers wrote:ok i have been on here for a lil while now and decided to buy something off of someone! his name was derek gregory of oklahoma city OK ..i was suppose to buy a CF hood and a SC for my 02 cavie...we talked through email and on phone may times b4 i decided to buy from this guy ..i sent him 2200$ throug western union! after he got the money he said he was going to ship the stuff that day , so i had to call him casue he wasnt calling me back with the tracking number , he gave me some made up number, afet spending hours on the phone trying to find out if the stuff had been shipped or not ..i finaaly got the info that the number he gave me was a fake!
i called him many times ..no answer ..emailed him telling him that i was going to the authority's if he did not refund the money or send the product! HE DID NEITHER!!!! so now i have come to the point were i have no other choice but to do something! Anyone know of a good way to go about getting my money back ..or at least making him pay for what he has done? he has 3 diffrent accountts on here if u check .... DEREK GREGORY

thanx for your alls time

just didnt want this guy to do this to someone else

First mistake right there

did u read around before buying it?

I cant find any posts by him AT ALL on any three names.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:12 PM

Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:10 PM
Sorry to hear man but unless you sent it to his house then you have no way of getting your money back. Western Union is the worst thing ever invented when it comes to scamming people. Money can be sent anywhere. You should post in the Oklahoma region and see if you can find someone that knows him and what is going on. How long has it been since you sent the money?

Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:28 PM
06/03/06 igot his info now...just got off phonw with W U ..he lives there ! for sure..and i wil ltake his as to court! ITS GO TIME i gave him every chance to settle outside of court! even just giving back 1500$ ...but still nothing ..so i hate to say it but this guy is going to get his ass sued!

Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:02 PM
Quote:

even just giving back 1500$ .

you were going to settle with him and take a loss of 700 bucks? are you stupid? take him to court and get ALL of your money back.

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:19 PM
court cost $ too.but now i will pay the 2200 to @!#$ his life up ! (in court that is!)

Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:30 PM
Your lucky. It always best to send a money order or cashiers check thru the mail. Because if they don't send you the goods it becomes mail fraud, and the US postal service loves to bust them up some mail frauders .

You also have an address which can be traced thru ownership etc...

-Chris

Sunday, September 24, 2006 6:25 PM
and ur sure its not fake name around there? or did u trace the address he gave u and all?also if u check and someone has 3 accounts and no posts.. really good indicator there..

Monday, September 25, 2006 5:45 AM
more than likely if he was smart enough, its a fake name and a fake address. even if it is a real address it could be an abanoded place or he could of even used a po box. hope it goes well and you get your money back. i would of searched his name first. i saw he had 3 different accounts, i wouldnt of bought anything from him.

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:17 PM
doesnt WU take the drivers license number of the person picking it up?? i could be wrong

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:59 PM
I believe that is how he got his information. It was not a money order, rather a money transfer.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:23 AM
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:32 AM
or it could be this one http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=102595697 this one uses this emal address drk_gregory@yahoo.com (one of his accounts uses that email address) the other one im not sure what email address it uses..i found it with a general search

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:36 AM
based on age it would have to be the second myspace account i posted 1983 - 2006 = 23

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:48 AM
WU needs a real address, zip code, drivers license number and ID now... I have done western union for a few things

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:01 AM
^^Damn, myspace will get someone in trouble lol.. I cant believe its that easy to look someone up lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 2:30 PM
Yeah I already found his myspace, It's so easy to look people up on there.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:53 PM
Quote:

WU needs a real address, zip code, drivers license number and ID now... I have done western union for a few things

Not true. I've sent WU just recently under falsified info to a friend of mine.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:00 PM
/\ I've thought about doing that just to see how easy it is... I would hope most other places are more strick with money.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:18 PM
status???

Saturday, September 30, 2006 9:02 AM
Aaron Chambers wrote:i sent him 2200$ throug western union!

it should be mandatory to use paypal for all internet transactions... this could have been completely avoided... good luck man, sucks

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Saturday, September 30, 2006 5:44 PM
Fried Chicken and Gasoline is always good at finding people.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 9:40 PM
Acer wrote:it should be mandatory to use paypal for all internet transactions... this could have been completely avoided

I would hardly call Paypal the solution to all our problems. They don't exactly have a perfect record for security and customer service. My outlook on Paypal is that it works great, up until it doesn't. Search online for as many horror stories as you care to read.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:15 PM
Acer wrote:
Aaron Chambers wrote:i sent him 2200$ throug western union!

it should be mandatory to use paypal for all internet transactions... this could have been completely avoided... good luck man, sucks

paypal is far from perfect.

Monday, October 09, 2006 3:12 PM
any updates?

GO PATS!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search