Old School Roll Call v6.0 - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Roll Call v6.0
Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:26 PM
Laverty - I lost count after 6 over hauls
#7 is Junior - is he still around???
#8 is the Bob Mull - 2nd build ( 4 total )

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??

Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:37 PM
I'm in the #4 pic, yay!

6+ years for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:40 PM

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:12 PM
Junior is he still around. I know he is the first 95 2.3 engine with the GM supercharger not sure if anyone else has done it. Yeah Chris that car had changed so much and had a few body kits as well. 2 Rksport kits , one Andy's and yeah the graphics.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, February 01, 2007 9:52 PM
Some days I wonder if I'm older than death around here....

Lately I've been hunting around on 2nd gen F-body sites for my WS6 and I'll be honest - I HATE being a newb. Hahaha.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, February 02, 2007 4:21 AM
01 was the start for me. had the car 5 months and went to the 01 bash, remember having my dash at the painter that week and putting it back in the night before the bash then me and the wife drove the 5 hours to the bash. hung out in the baking sun all day long then drove home the 5 hours that night. talk about a long day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, February 02, 2007 4:53 AM
It willbe six year for me this Oct working on my second J nothing ever happened with the first its my daily driver now.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 07
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Times for the 05 coming soon
Friday, February 02, 2007 6:01 AM
Late '01 here, first real experience with a ton of cars was the '02 bash. Feels like I've been on here forever!

SweetnessGT wrote:Some days I wonder if I'm older than death around here....

Lately I've been hunting around on 2nd gen F-body sites for my WS6 and I'll be honest - I HATE being a newb. Hahaha.

-Chris-

That's how it was then I tried to visit the Subaru boards about 2 years go, it feels strange!

Friday, February 02, 2007 6:45 AM
I think I signed up in early or mid 99. Wow.

Got a lot of Bash committee plaques on my wall over time.

Met a lot of really nice people here over time. And some not so good.

Friday, February 02, 2007 6:48 AM
And I'll bet not everyone has a picture of their mom in the org galleries. lol.

My mom and Buzz at my parents house from the 2nd Bash.

Friday, February 02, 2007 7:35 AM
heh. I named all those cars as well. Woot!!

Looking at Erod's car and picturing that Modifiers packaging...

Friday, February 02, 2007 9:53 AM
look at her eyeballing that wing! haha

Brian

Friday, February 02, 2007 11:39 AM
alot of blasts from the past

Been here since late '99.... used to troll the RK forums during the RK vs JBO days....

I cant even remember what number I had been joining..... but I remember back to under 500 members......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, February 02, 2007 1:21 PM
Can I ask a question?

Why are some of the oldest members on the ORG not premuim? Seems this was the place to get knowledge and show off what you had done...so why not support what supported you?

I started here in Aug 2001 as a reader when I ordered my 2002...joined in Jun 2002 and I have been premium ever since! Thought to myself why not help the place that helped me the most!

Don't hate....!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, February 02, 2007 1:26 PM
BlueDeuce (dnt02cavls) wrote:Can I ask a question?

Why are some of the oldest members on the ORG not premuim? Seems this was the place to get knowledge and show off what you had done...so why not support what supported you?

I started here in Aug 2001 as a reader when I ordered my 2002...joined in Jun 2002 and I have been premium ever since! Thought to myself why not help the place that helped me the most!

Don't hate....!

It's because it's all a huge conspiracy, and we're on to Dave as his evil ways. We all know he is pocketing large sums of money every month from this little site of his

haha, no really, i was premo for a year or two but im not here as much as i used to be, its not really worth it to me right now.

Brian

Friday, February 02, 2007 2:09 PM
Everybody is forgetting about ol' Cookie...... I can still remember the long night if tearing his engine down on the side of the hotel at the 01 Bash.... Those were the days!!!!! lol..... Been an org member since 99, first bash for me was in 00..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, February 02, 2007 2:54 PM
BlueDeuce (dnt02cavls) wrote:Can I ask a question? Why are some of the oldest members on the ORG not premuim? Seems this was the place to get knowledge and show off what you had done...so why not support what supported you?

Because I have only been on the board six times in the past eight months...

Friday, February 02, 2007 3:42 PM
I use to be premium but i sold my car and i am hardly hear so do you know we were not supporting.

For the rest click here for some old school pictures
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325168/2

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, February 02, 2007 8:12 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:Everybody is forgetting about ol' Cookie...... I can still remember the long night if tearing his engine down on the side of the hotel at the 01 Bash.... Those were the days!!!!! lol..... Been an org member since 99, first bash for me was in 00..

Wasn't that the 02 bash? I was there in 02 and 04. I remember that (but was not one of the ones working on the car).

Quote:

Can I ask a question?

I am currently premuim at the moment, but only for a month. I have refused to go premuim and support the org because I do not agree withalot of things on here. Yes I have learned alot on this site and met some great people. I will still come on the site to help people. I just do not feel right about supporting it when I do not agree with the way it is run. I quess that sounds weird seeing as I'm premuim now, but it was for my own benefit.

FU Tuning

Friday, February 02, 2007 8:32 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:Everybody is forgetting about ol' Cookie...... I can still remember the long night if tearing his engine down on the side of the hotel at the 01 Bash.... Those were the days!!!!! lol..... Been an org member since 99, first bash for me was in 00..

Was 02, I had my Blue Z and took 3rd in the quick 8 (Damn CURTIS!!!!)

Anyway, all you fools tore his poor car apart, and couldnt put it back together...... I spent ALL NIGHT getting it running, just in time for it to start and make its way to the track. I slept at the light all day Was a good time in deed!!!

Friday, February 02, 2007 11:17 PM
i was on here in 00. registered in 01 when i traded in my 2000 2.2 for a 99z24 (idiot). its amazing how many of the original people still have their cars....and like them.i have met a few of my 12 friends on here. kinda weird. i even carried the EVOL Z24 plate name to the current garage demon --well sorta.. evol 281 tee hee...

cookie's car was sick.. the razzi sides with that color.. wow... the little sig video.. lol... ive poked and prodded around here and there on the cite.... back then- this was still rather new..... now its about out fiberglassing and blah blah blah... i wonder what ever happened to that one kid that swore he was putting a 100k inheritance into his cavalier....

jokr---- striesand still sucks.

dreams are useless if you do not possess the abilties required to make them your reality.
BetterFasterMore.
Saturday, February 03, 2007 6:07 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

Anyway, all you fools tore his poor car apart, and couldnt put it back together...... I spent ALL NIGHT getting it running, just in time for it to start and make its way to the track. I slept at the light all day Was a good time in deed!!!

Yeah, that was 02. I remember that night but all i did was drink beer and watch, lol.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, February 03, 2007 6:29 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

Yeah, that was 02. I remember that night but all i did was drink beer and watch, lol.
you are correct, it was 02.... I fatfingered it

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, February 03, 2007 7:01 AM
I attended the 99-02 & 04-05 bashes ( 04-05 were without the Cav ). I think I will be able to make the bash this year

I remember Buzz, Spitz, Ed and I jumped in the TRD and got some really bad Chinese food during the 00 bash

Lenko and the pool is classic, LOL!!

Quote:

I was in the crowd too. I remember people going back to wake up Mackleer and Kenefic to help out. I think Brian was there almost the hole time

I just found some of my old pictures from the past bashes. Some of them where on CD that Erod made

Just to stir things up....................

Powertek, Chris Lytle, DAS, phobia list, Elias ( yeah I said it ), Genertec ( later GRD ), SykoCav, Cavafear and Jim Trevino that one of the first ChassisCraft turbo kits

You are trulely old school if you remember those, LOL!!

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??
Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:24 AM
I tried to help out tearing it apart..... but the crowd around the car said they had it handled, and sent me on my way........ later that night I stopped back over by Rocky when I noticed it wasnt running yet, and everyone was taking off to go drinking. Thats when I started on it. I remember having to go wake Joe and Johny up, we made Matt do it At that point, I had never seen the 1 piece timing tensioner, and wasnt sure how to set it. But once we got that cleared up, I stayed there all night and got it buttoned up. That was a long night. That next day at the track a WI_J's guy (cory/NitroZ) blew his trans, so I 'supervised' the trans swap back at the hotel parking lot

There was one year that I had to fix someones shift cables while at the track., I think that was '01. I forget who's car it was

I have a set of PowerTek cams in my garage My brother picked a fight with Elias at the '01 bash I think it was, mostly over the HO IDI cover on his car ..... I stayed up all night with Rocky and Randy talking cars one night that year. I remember some of the other names on that list, Tevino (Grim Reaper) and Cavafear....... I even have half of the Chassis Craft install guide for their turbo system

The good ole days, where everyone dreamed of the GM S/C kit, and only a handfull of guys had the balls to turbo their car.

I was at the '01-03 bash, missed '04, was at '05....... and then we all know about '06........

Saturday, February 03, 2007 2:53 PM
My car was supplying 12V for that job. hehe.

Good times!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search