Old School Roll Call v6.0 - Page 4 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Roll Call v6.0
Saturday, February 03, 2007 3:44 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:My car was supplying 12V for that job. hehe.

Good times!

I wanna say you got your window busted out and Laverty had something thrown at his car and "trailer"

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, February 03, 2007 7:44 PM
No, Dragan got his window busted out and some stuff stolen. Not me.

And I remember something being tossed at Laverty's car.

Always has to be a few idiots around to ruin the fun.

Saturday, February 03, 2007 8:22 PM
god i remember coming out and seeing cookie and someone else around 2 or 3 in the morning stil working on that thing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, February 03, 2007 8:33 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:No, Dragan got his window busted out and some stuff stolen. Not me.

And I remember something being tossed at Laverty's car.

Always has to be a few idiots around to ruin the fun.

I couldnt remember who it was.... I remember the "Canadian Beer RuleZ" campaign , I also remember Karo saving my ass by letting me take the throttle cable off the project car on trailer... Mine got stuck at WOT on the highway.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, February 04, 2007 12:58 AM
sndsgood wrote:god i remember coming out and seeing cookie and someone else around 2 or 3 in the morning stil working on that thing.

that was me

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, February 05, 2007 5:22 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
sndsgood wrote:god i remember coming out and seeing cookie and someone else around 2 or 3 in the morning stil working on that thing.

that was me

cool, i just remmber looking around at all the parts laying around and thinking "im way out of my league here" lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 05, 2007 10:29 AM
if I remember correctly, the biggest hang up they where having (the '1st shift') was getting the oil pan to line up with the timing chain housing. They put the housing on first, and tightened up all the bolts..... then the oil pan wouldnt line up. All they had to do was loosen up the housing, and start the pan bolts..... then snug it all up

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, February 05, 2007 11:40 AM
I just remember the amusement of the chain tensioner.

Monday, February 05, 2007 1:18 PM
You know I've never been to a .org bash... I always looked up to Rocky and his car, though. He pioneered a lot for us... I remember reading about Cookies car being fixed in the parking lot, etc....

It actually makes me want to make a serious effort to finish the car for this years bash...

Also - I've never gone premium and I never will. I've been against it even since before Dave suggested it. I refuse to pay to use a forum - but that's the way I am.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, February 05, 2007 1:49 PM
I first started browsing here in 00 or 01, bought my first J in 02, and registered sometime in 03 i believe. I'm on my second Sunfire now.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:17 PM
brian installed my 62mm t/b in that parking lot with lavertys car pictured. damn that was a long time ago

good memories.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:33 PM
Been here since 01 but haven't had my J since 03. I miss it still but moved to better things.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:03 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:I've never gone premium and I never will. I've been against it even since before Dave suggested it. I refuse to pay to use a forum - but that's the way I am.

-Chris-

If it weren't for the JBO... my Cavalier would likely still be very stock, and I'd be overpaying for parts or trying (and likely failing) to do stuff myself. Since I'm so thankful for that, I figure helping support the forum that got me started on really modding the J isn't such a bad idea. It's not like it's a lot of money...

If I were Dave.. I'd shut out all the people who leeched off this site for years w/o contributing... but that's just me

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:15 PM
Ah memories........The wonderful time flooring it out of the tollbooth, and my Stan's header bolts loosening a bit to much to let the downpipe shear a hole in the powersteering line. There were several cars being worked on in that back corner of the lot. Otherwise known as "Garage Corner".

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:59 AM
John Lenko wrote:
SweetnessGT wrote:I've never gone premium and I never will. I've been against it even since before Dave suggested it. I refuse to pay to use a forum - but that's the way I am.

-Chris-

If it weren't for the JBO... my Cavalier would likely still be very stock, and I'd be overpaying for parts or trying (and likely failing) to do stuff myself. Since I'm so thankful for that, I figure helping support the forum that got me started on really modding the J isn't such a bad idea. It's not like it's a lot of money...

If I were Dave.. I'd shut out all the people who leeched off this site for years w/o contributing... but that's just me

I can understand that mentaily for sure John... except for this simple fact.

I NEVER use over 100 posts... why would I pay for more? To support the JBO? That's what advertising is for - I've been on plenty of forums that can support themselves with just advertising... furthermore the benefits of membership aren't enough for me to justify the $$$ to go premium. It's a personal preference.

But I can certainly understand where you're coming from... I don't want to start a debate here just stating why I've never gone premium to the poster that asked about the "old schoolers" not being premium.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:25 PM
Where the $%^& are my JBO stickers? I ordered them 3 years ago!!!!!

C'mon Dave..........

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:57 PM
Sonic Z wrote:Ah memories........The wonderful time flooring it out of the tollbooth, and my Stan's header bolts loosening a bit to much to let the downpipe shear a hole in the powersteering line. There were several cars being worked on in that back corner of the lot. Otherwise known as "Garage Corner".

Yay, another pic with me (in the wife beater standing behind Rocky's car) in it! Too bad my car hasn't made it to a bash since 01.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 6:53 PM
^^^^^
That pic in my eyes defined to me what a clean Cavalier should look like.

Been here since Feb. 01 and joined in Sept. 01

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:22 AM
Joined in 02, right as the ecotec were released and Jo$h was putting videos out of him on the street eating up WRXs, Audi TTs, Z28 ect... Sold the fire, missed it for about a year and just pick up a 02 Ls Sport, yellow, ecotec, 5spd! I'm Back!!
Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:55 AM
Jeremy I remember when you hacked that console apart for the nitrous bottle... I'd never seen THAT done before. Your burnout sig was my fav pic of your car.

It's very cool to look at where some of the cars around here came from and how they started out

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:23 AM
Phlatcav wrote:Been here from the first year.

me too!

Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:26 AM
My oxygen tank is scheduled to arrive today.... been here a while.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:41 AM
I'm not so old that my join date isn't listed, but pretty damn close

Those were the days.....

Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:40 PM
Matt Teske wrote:My oxygen tank is scheduled to arrive today.... been here a while.

Hmm... I know this name... I heard you're a hack.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:12 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:My car was supplying 12V for that job. hehe.

Good times!

That was my first bash, way before anyone even knew me. Brian (Z2flip4) invited me to the bash on my Cardomain page. I had tons of fun.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search