Old School Roll Call v6.0 - Page 11 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Roll Call v6.0
Saturday, June 02, 2007 9:43 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
John Higgins wrote:
Wild Weasel wrote:Well sadly, Rocky's car is now scrap, so that one's gone.

I'm confused?? Rocky is this also Cookie???? For some reason I think it is, but I hope I'm wrong.

Yep. Sadly, they're one and the same.

So his car has been parted out?? Dang. I remember meeting him at the 02 Bash. I remember walking up to him telling him who I was and that it was a pleasure to meet him. he said " NO, No no, I can't believe I'm getting to meet you". I was shocked!!! Awesome guy, like most of the people at the Bash's I have been to.

It really is sad to hear his car was parted out and scraped. I would love to find that car and bring it back to life.

Hey Speedracer this is something we should do as a team!!!

FU Tuning

Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:48 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote: I'm glad the parts were there to help people out since my POS was never going to run.

Just for that comment right there, I am determined to put something in that engine bay, and get a vid of it driving down the road

John Higgins wrote:So his car has been parted out?? Dang. I remember meeting him at the 02 Bash. I remember walking up to him telling him who I was and that it was a pleasure to meet him. he said " NO, No no, I can't believe I'm getting to meet you". I was shocked!!! Awesome guy, like most of the people at the Bash's I have been to.

It really is sad to hear his car was parted out and scraped. I would love to find that car and bring it back to life.

Hey Speedracer this is something we should do as a team!!!

I remember my first bash, in '01..... Randy, Rocky, my brother (DOOOGAN), and I stayed up almost all night talking cars....... I remember Rocky having me fix someones shift cables (well, rigging them to work) so they could get back to the hotel from the track...... I think he made it back

John, why the hell do you live so far away???

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, June 03, 2007 6:23 PM
I still talk to Laverty on occasions. He got buff lost all kinds of wait got out of fixing up cars and owns a bar now called Lucky Lavertys if your ever in Charleston WV look it up! Here are my memories...

Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:22 PM
Quote:

Karo At the burn out contest we had put my 15 inch wheels with drag radials on Vincents car and he let me take it for a spin at the track and join the contest.... I guess they hooked up so well that it pulled me right out of the water box.....

I think when we put them 15s on there with those Nittos that that car would have burned that burnout contest up. Guess the old cavy had too much power back then hahhahaa

Yeah we had some good fun at that bash. Not sure when the actual lower mount bolt had fallen out of the car but I had driven from GA by myself that year so I would have been stranded some where in the middle of no where if that bolt had fallen out.

I think also another classic moment of that 02 Bash was when Cookie had gotten his car put back together to run it up against Mulls Cav. I think everyone at the bash was lined up against the gates to see that race. I think someone has that race on video or it may even be in the archieves somewhere.

Monday, June 04, 2007 5:22 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:wow not one word about me haha thats cool since i am still here from the original crew and the only one to date to own Toyota Cavaliers.

heh. Some things never change eh? Still dropping by to toot your own horn...

It's all good. Always liked the artwork on your car. Both versions.

Monday, June 04, 2007 9:15 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:wow not one word about me haha thats cool since i am still here from the original crew and the only one to date to own Toyota Cavaliers.

heh. Some things never change eh? Still dropping by to toot your own horn...

It's all good. Always liked the artwork on your car. Both versions.

glad I was not the only one to see.

FU Tuning

Monday, June 04, 2007 10:40 AM
Quote:

owns a bar now called Lucky Lavertys

The sheer concept of that inspires feelings of both curiosity and sheer and abject terror at the same time.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:01 PM
5 years now... lurked for a bit then joined in april of 02... with a 86 drop top... lol

i have been through more J's than I care to admit, wrecked, burned, scraped and sold..

there gonna have to try harder to kill me LOL

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Thursday, June 07, 2007 2:42 PM
Holy old-school!

Hey guys, I was part of this org in 1997-1999 timeframe, then slowly drifted off as my other car got all my attention The Z24 was my wife's car anyway.

I was at a j-body bash back in '99 in Bowling Green.. I think that was just before www.j-body.org was founded, or right around the same time.

Anyhoo.... I googled this thread by accident (was trying to remember my other friend Dominic's name, and was wondering what ever happened to Dom Consalvi's turbo projects, and this was one of the hits.

Later,
Chris Fries
my new new ride, a 1993 prelude
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5726744253696306388&q=chris+fries+ohio
Thursday, June 07, 2007 2:43 PM
Oh, and the j-body is gone... wife replaced it with a 2004 Maxima, and her sister finally sold it in favor of a Honda Fit. It's now wandering the streets of Waukesha, WI.
Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:46 PM
what the heck... i'll chirp in... haven't been around in a long time.... still have the Cav.... one of them anyway... sold my old 89 Z.... still have the 95 though...

Junior

Friday, June 08, 2007 6:35 AM
Quote:

what the heck... i'll chirp in... haven't been around in a long time.... still have the Cav.... one of them anyway... sold my old 89 Z.... still have the 95 though...

Woah! OG out of nowhere! How's it going man?

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Friday, June 08, 2007 8:13 AM
Junior wrote:what the heck... i'll chirp in... haven't been around in a long time.... still have the Cav.... one of them anyway... sold my old 89 Z.... still have the 95 though...

no crap havnt seen you in a long time. i remember your car being one of the first cars i really saw as being able to compete at a show level.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 08, 2007 11:35 AM
sndsgood wrote:
Junior wrote:what the heck... i'll chirp in... haven't been around in a long time.... still have the Cav.... one of them anyway... sold my old 89 Z.... still have the 95 though...

no crap havnt seen you in a long time. i remember your car being one of the first cars i really saw as being able to compete at a show level.

Show cars, now that's really old school. I was doing the detriot auto rama with the reaper way back in 1998 and many years after that. Took first place all the time to. Now John Higgins is the proud owner of it. Now that's old school for the that year j-body, and the reaper was a 96.
Friday, June 08, 2007 11:55 AM
Eh... i've been around... the car is basically just sitting in the garage... no real time for it anymore... i had a few things planned... which are still sitting in my basement.... but never got around to doing... we'll see what happens

Junior
Friday, June 08, 2007 12:08 PM
Whoa, dude! Drop by the P forums sometime!!

Even got the old skool logo in your sig...

Friday, June 08, 2007 12:41 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Whoa, dude! Drop by the P forums sometime!!

Even got the old skool logo in your sig...

i've dropped in there once or twice.... just lurking though...

Junior
Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:29 PM
Wow people actually remember that, lol. I have video of a second little one some where.

Dan Bettis, 92 Z24, Formerly owned 86 and 87 Z24.
http://www.zrracing.com
Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:26 PM
not into J's anymore--they're just economical transportation. I drive my '87 (had it since '88) still 'cause it's reliable- runs well because I haven't "modded" it to try and make it do things it wasn't designed to do. I dropped by to remove a car from my profile as people kept emailing me about it after a deer totaled it; I let it go to move on to more important things. Been "lurking" around just to see what's new around here--looks like the same old stuff. In case you can't tell by my sig, I'm more into trucks now--better money, more job opportunities when I get a class A license.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:50 PM
Been here 8 years. The cav went last year for a GTP. I still miss that car and wonder where it is now. I have not seen anyone driving it in my town unless the dealer got rid of it. Oh well, growing family needed something bigger and more power.

Glad to see more old faces popping up.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:16 PM
I cant believe its been 7 years already

why the hell am i still driving and modding these pieces of crap?

Sunday, November 18, 2007 12:36 PM
because their cheap and dont cost allot. and when you get old its hard to change lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, November 18, 2007 4:26 PM
sndsgood wrote:because their cheap and dont cost allot. and when you get old its hard to change lol

I couldn't agree with you more! That's the reason I drive mine still!

Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:56 PM
1LowCav wrote:
sndsgood wrote:because their cheap and dont cost allot. and when you get old its hard to change lol

I couldn't agree with you more! That's the reason I drive mine still!

Whoa! It's Ms. Old Scool Cavs herself!

Haven't heard from ya in a while.....

Noticed the site is quiet now.....*sniff*

Not many of the 1st gens left.. if someone didn't mess up the ol' RS up quite so bad, it might have still been here today.....

Maybe I'll pick one up in the near future...

As far as myself, It looks like I'll be parting with the cavs soon.....starting with the wagon....

Then the wife needs a more "family" car (or small Suv)...which may finish the other two......

Monday, November 19, 2007 8:04 AM
Yeah... I needed a more family oriented car as well. Mazda was nice enough to come out with a good one for me...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search