Old School Roll Call v6.0 - Page 6 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Roll Call v6.0
Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:39 PM
Quote:

I missed the turn on the way to the strip club.

Wow. A story from Erod involving strippers. Go figure.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:45 PM
Never!

Blasphemer!

Monday, February 19, 2007 12:33 AM
Someone say old school?

Co founder of Club J-Body, and probably like member #2 on this site. If you dont know who I am ask someone LOL.

Alright enough of the cockiness. Nice to see the scene blow up like I did. I remember Erod, that dud Ryan I think with the Erubuni sponsored cav, z24.com, I can go on and on. Lets just say I was in this deep in 1997.

Monday, February 19, 2007 12:41 AM
FrostySunfire wrote:Summer 2001 Represent! I remember I found this site by complete accident.

LOL and the first thing I did was email DAVE asking for .org stickers (you know, back then stickers=fast)...come to think of it DAVE, i never did get those stickers...its been 6 years, gotten around to that yet? HAHA just kidding..

Thought it would be fun, I went through the gallery and picked out a few of the cars that guided me along in the days of ole....man, we were TERRIBLE at this modding thing werent we?

Lets see who can name them!

9 (for me personally, the car that got me into modding my Sunfire)

1 is too easy, first take his website out of the picture. Erod.
2. Laverty
3. I thought this was one of RKs cars at one time, didnt know the owner.
4. Laverty yet again
5. met this guy at Daytona Spring break nationals, one of the first times I saw the andys kit, I think he was the test fitter for it.
6. dunno
7. Junior, I always loved his paint job, thinking about doing something similar to my GTI.
8. Tony aka Sonic Boom maybe? I havent seen his car painted but I saw it primered with the celica tails and silva headlights.
9. dunno.

I am a little disappointed that the original reaper want in this list. I still keep in touch with him.

Monday, February 19, 2007 12:44 AM
BlueDeuce (dnt02cavls) wrote:Can I ask a question?

Why are some of the oldest members on the ORG not premuim? Seems this was the place to get knowledge and show off what you had done...so why not support what supported you?

I started here in Aug 2001 as a reader when I ordered my 2002...joined in Jun 2002 and I have been premium ever since! Thought to myself why not help the place that helped me the most!

Don't hate....!

Probably because like myself alot of the old school members did the original donations to upgrade the servers before premium was even an option?

Monday, February 19, 2007 7:30 AM
OutKasted1 wrote:Probably because like myself alot of the old school members did the original donations to upgrade the servers before premium was even an option?

Seriously. For anyone who hasn't been here since long before premium memberships were available, keep in mind that a lot of us old-school members pitched in quite a bit of money to buy two new servers for the .org back in the day when the site started taking off and the existing hardware just couldn't handle the load anymore.

Monday, February 19, 2007 7:39 AM
God almighty, Karl is alive.

Monday, February 19, 2007 9:23 AM
that black cavy with lexus tails was bob mulls before the new paint, the primered one is coderedz24 before he finally painted it...by the whats up karl long time no see ...from tony

http://members.cardomain.com/freakycavy
Monday, February 19, 2007 9:36 AM
Karl still here. I remeber when Carl email me about the FLorida first meet All you want to see if Cookie, Elias, come on here now.

There was Doug Messick from GA one of the few guys who did the MSD install.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, February 19, 2007 11:13 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
OutKasted1 wrote:Probably because like myself alot of the old school members did the original donations to upgrade the servers before premium was even an option?

Seriously. For anyone who hasn't been here since long before premium memberships were available, keep in mind that a lot of us old-school members pitched in quite a bit of money to buy two new servers for the .org back in the day when the site started taking off and the existing hardware just couldn't handle the load anymore.

Oh, you mean back when Dave picked up a few pieces from Ebay, and a new paint job on his cavy? JK!!!! I also did a donation then, and have been premium for the last 3 years?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, February 19, 2007 6:22 PM
i remember donating to the server fund back in the day.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, February 19, 2007 6:33 PM
Wow, Karl is still around !!!

Can't mention old school without mentioning Vincent Keene. He still races his Z, last time we talked

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??
Monday, February 19, 2007 6:40 PM
does anyone remember Cube? I havent seen him post in a long long time

Monday, February 19, 2007 6:47 PM
Vincent Keene. I remember buying the 3rd brake light covers from him. He was here last year in the suspension forum asking about a good set up for AutoX.

Cube man you guys are really going back i remember he sold his Cav and got an S-10 i believe. What about MAD(Dugas) With all the good can't forget GRD and the 600HPsunfire that had a Dyno chart that looked like it came from Excel

all the time

Monday, February 19, 2007 7:07 PM
Oh boy...let's see if this gets remembered....

"Currie Is God"

Monday, February 19, 2007 7:54 PM
lol

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:55 AM
Number 6 was Codereds car before he finally got i painted. He should have finished the hood, i cant remember why he didnt use it.

<~~~~PWN3D!!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:25 AM

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:53 AM
Yeah I am still alive and kicking. German cars are a hell of alot more expensive to modify then the J was though.

Tony, whats you ride looking like now? I havent seen you in ages, I may finally start hitting up a few FL shows soon. I mainly have been just hitting German car meets/GTGs around FL and hanging out with the BMWs of Orlando. The VW crew seems more stuck up than the BMW owners go figure.

Nice to see the old school still here with their Js.

I look here once in a blue moon, but it seems everytime I do there is a post like this one that is on the first page. This time I was talking to the guy who runs CFBMW, showed him my old reg entry on here and felt a little reminiscent and bam I see this.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:21 PM
Karl, mark June 23 on your calender. Then, come out to Race Rock that day.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:44 PM
Just got a phone call from another old-schooler, David Clettenberg. Got me all nostalgic, so here ya go kiddies. A mini timeline that puts into perspective my elder-status:

Battle of the Imports 1998:

International Auto Salon 1999:

Import Showoff 2000:

J-Body Bash 2001:
<-- Favorite pic ever of me and my car

NOPI 2001:

GM FWD Drag Test Session 2001:

SEMA International Auto Salon 2002:

Super Street - March 2003:

NOW:

And I cant forget OLD SCHOOL EROD:

My goal from day one was to get my car into a major magazine. Once that happened, it was like finishing a marathon. But, in the process I made some great friends and helped a lot of others with their J's. So, yeah, one day I will get it put back together in the way I think I always wanted. But, for now... I'll just continue to be one of the old guys.

-Teske

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:47 PM
Matt Teske wrote: But, for now... I'll just continue to be one of the creepy old guys.

-Teske

There, fixed.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:49 PM
Nah, Erod is creepy. I am more the senile one.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:45 PM
Genertec TPS-Tec, best mod ever!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:29 PM
LOL.... wow, awesome.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search