new icons? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: new icons?
Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:19 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:
SHOoff wrote:Dave, it seems like if I go into a forum and posts are marked that it's unread. Then I reply to a post, every post on the page is marked as read. At least that's what it just did in the transmission forum. I know I didn't read every post.

You are just so addicted you didn't notice you had already read them all.

Actually Dave, I noticed the same thing. Once you post in a thread, every thread in that forum shows as read.

And my .02...not liking the pastels.

using firefox. firefox has an auto spell check already.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:35 AM
Travis wrote:oh yeah....those icons....yeah....they been there before.....its nothing new my friend, been there since I joined

So....did you join yesterday then?

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:02 AM
^^^^ ha ha ha ha

Ya I was wondering about that myself..... although Me Internet Explorer updates itself even if I tell it not too.... so I'm good on that part....

Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:13 AM
SHOoff wrote:Dave, it seems like if I go into a forum and posts are marked that it's unread. Then I reply to a post, every post on the page is marked as read. At least that's what it just did in the transmission forum. I know I didn't read every post.

same here, not a fan of that. other than that i like it.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 1:27 PM
testing

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:03 PM
Dave: I have a pretty new browser.. they look horrible, I'm sorry.

I mean aesthetically horrible. It looks like you dropped Icons from a PHBB set into the .org and disrupted the whole style.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:28 PM
I cannot post replys from home anymore, only firefox works with the new icons... it takes me to the preview page when i click post... IE doesnt work at all.'

Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:30 PM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Dave: I have a pretty new browser.. they look horrible, I'm sorry.

I mean aesthetically horrible. It looks like you dropped Icons from a PHBB set into the .org and disrupted the whole style.

Yeah I use Firefox and not feeling it.
Oh well Im sure we'll all get used to it after awhile.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:51 PM
The mark all read is getting pretty annoying.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:04 PM
lol..
i love it thanks DAVE!!

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:48 PM
The posting problems with IE6 should now be fixed. At the moment, anyone using any version of IE will be seeing less eye candy. That will probably change in the future as I nail down exactly what web browsers are a piece of crap.

As for the marking posts read problems, the whole system is in major need of overhaul. I'm aware of the issues and will try to get it fixed ASAP.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Monday, March 17, 2008 3:50 AM
Thumbs Up.

Monday, March 17, 2008 3:55 AM
yea i had a problem trying to post last night from my home computer and from my phone.

Monday, March 17, 2008 1:17 PM
Machzel08 (Teh Jew) wrote:spell check ever gonna work for safari? i figured for a mac guy that would be taken care of

The spell check now works in Safari. I never realized it was broken, since I don't use Safari, or the spell checker all that much.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Monday, March 17, 2008 2:28 PM
Dave wrote:
Machzel08 (Teh Jew) wrote:spell check ever gonna work for safari? i figured for a mac guy that would be taken care of

The spell check now works in Safari. I never realized it was broken, since I don't use Safari, or the spell checker all that much.

It's ok Dave, only 20 or so people use Apple anyway.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:16 PM
Jookycola wrote:It's ok Dave, only 20 or so people use Apple anyway.

Yeah yeah, yuck it up. There is a decent minority of Mac users here, though. While we can't hold a candle to how many Windoze users are here, so far this month there has been over 1,000 unique visitors that were using a Mac.

And while we're on the subject of stats, this whole issue brought up something I failed to look into. It turns out a full 20% of the visitors to this site are using a horribly insecure and outdated web browser (IE6). Even more frustrating, I was told that it was the only browser that was approved by the military (I am really curious about this, if anyone has further info, let me know). I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the military won't allow the use of anything but the most insecure web browser ever made.

Still there's some even stranger stuff in the stats. So far this month 1542 hits (that's total items viewed, not unique visitors) have come from IE4. 23 hits have come from Windows 3.xx. And for all the talk of how great Linux is by certain people, only 0.2% of visits came from any version of Linux. That's more then 10 times less then the Mac.

Monday, March 17, 2008 5:34 PM
windows 3.x? damn.....! talk about the stone age

Monday, March 17, 2008 6:34 PM
Im using opera, and I love it. Once you get used to all the shortcuts, you'll love it too. The posts all marking as read after you post it getting really annoying.
Monday, March 17, 2008 7:02 PM
Dave wrote:...Still there's some even stranger stuff in the stats. So far this month 1542 hits (that's total items viewed, not unique visitors) have come from IE4. 23 hits have come from Windows 3.xx...

That's some funny stuff right there.

Monday, March 17, 2008 7:49 PM
io couldnt post any replies up until today, not sure what the deal was there.. im okay with the new look though
... crosses fingers in hope of a jbo sticker

hop on in i've got a J

Monday, March 17, 2008 9:22 PM
Dave wrote:One small note, if you think the icons look bad, and you are still using a 7 year old web browser (Internet Explorer 6), its time for you to upgrade. I'll do what I can to make the icons work in IE6, but honestly IE6 is a 7 year old piece of crap thats not worth anybody's time. You are better off getting out of the dark ages already.
Some of us login from work and have to accept the fact that many Enterprise applications still do not have full IE7 compatibility.

However I do manage to use FireFox for the most part since I pretty much get to do what I want to at work.

As for Windows 3.1? More than likely was someone just spoofing their user-agent...not a difficult task these days considering there are multiple FireFox plugins that will do that with just a few clicks.

Monday, March 17, 2008 10:59 PM
I made some major progress on the 'mark read' stuff. I think it should mostly be working now. The only thing that does not work 100% yet is looking at the forum list page (the page that shows all active forums) does not properly show if there are new posts in any of the forums. I think everything else should be working better now though.

In the process of this change, all old read data had to be discarded. Unfortunately there was just no way I could convert it to the new format the forum is now using. The good news is it should be a lot better now.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:28 PM
Hey, Lenko is a Mac user too...

... which might help explain a few things, eh?

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:39 PM
Jackass wrote:
Dave wrote:One small note, if you think the icons look bad, and you are still using a 7 year old web browser (Internet Explorer 6), its time for you to upgrade. I'll do what I can to make the icons work in IE6, but honestly IE6 is a 7 year old piece of crap thats not worth anybody's time. You are better off getting out of the dark ages already.
Some of us login from work and have to accept the fact that many Enterprise applications still do not have full IE7 compatibility.

However I do manage to use FireFox for the most part since I pretty much get to do what I want to at work.

As for Windows 3.1? More than likely was someone just spoofing their user-agent...not a difficult task these days considering there are multiple FireFox plugins that will do that with just a few clicks.

yup. IE6 is at work here. use Firefox at home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:39 PM

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:46 AM
Seeing the new icons both ways, it's no big deal. If you can't see the new, it just looks the same old way, at least for me. The new ones are okay, they'll grow on people.

Representing IE 5.1 from OS9 - still! Although I log in at work on Firefox & often use the other half's pc with Firefox most times too. I'm working on "upgrading" to a 2nd computer, so the IE 5.1 may drop off the stats one of these days. I have yet to find a browser other than IE that doesn't crash in the first 2 minutes for OS9 or I'd have no problem switching to a different one.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search