Help...My 99 Cavi keeps dying - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help...My 99 Cavi keeps dying
Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:17 AM
Hey guys this has been an ongoing problem for a couple of years now. I haven't been to worried about it since I only drive it 15 miles a day back and forth to work. but sometimes I have to do alittle riding around if the wife is out or working. I can drive for about 30 to 45 min and the car will just die like its running out of fuel or vapor locking, I sit for about 30 min and I can start right back up and go if I try to restart when it dies it will cough back through the intake sputter and die like I'm out of fuel. I have changed the fuel filter, crank sensor, installed a cold air intake, plugs, wires, checked the coil packs. I'm at whits end with it. If I only wanted to drive to work I wouldn't worry about it but i would like todrive it to the car shows down in Greenville 2 hours away but I won't make it like this. By the way it's a 2200 automatic. My sister has the same year cavi but with a 2200 5-speed and hers started doing this last year. If anyone has experienced this problem or has any clue why this car is doing this I'm all ears any help would be most appreciative. If I can make it a few more months I plan on doing the 3400 with 5-speed swap. Until then HELP!!!! Thanks in advance for any responses.

Re: Help...My 99 Cavi keeps dying
Thursday, July 02, 2009 9:52 PM
Check your fuel pressure... you may have a fuel pump on the way out.

Re: Help...My 99 Cavi keeps dying
Friday, July 03, 2009 5:53 AM
I'll do that. I hope it isn't GM Loves that pump!!!LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search