98 sunfire. HELP!!! JBO genuises wanted - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 sunfire. HELP!!! JBO genuises wanted
Monday, July 06, 2009 2:02 PM
so i bought a 98 sunfire gt, took it home and later that day found out that it has a cracked head. the car was from florida and i live in new york so the bodys pretty crispy but the car has 165,000 miles on it and i dont want to just replace a head on an engine that has that many miles on it. problem is ive been looking in junk yards and tons of other places and have not found ANYTHING worth buying. this is my second car and i love j bodys and want to build this one up once i get it running. so if anyone cal help suggest where i can find an engine or enigne parts. some help with performance and such afterwards would be appreciated.

Re: 98 sunfire. HELP!!! JBO genuises wanted
Monday, July 06, 2009 4:52 PM
well if performance is your goal you might as well just build up the engine you have...

forged pistons (diamond, wiseco, je, venoila)
forged rods (eagle, crower)
2.3 oil pump swap (i can get you everything needed)

ported head with si valves.com stainless steel replacements
ho 2.3 cams (also see me) and new lightweight lifters
new ho 2.3 valve springs

then obviously the replacement parts, new bearings (clevite77), fel pro gasket kits etc.

and finally any bolt ons you may want but none and necessary. tuning is a must so get hp tuners on your mind.

speed costs money, how much do you have?

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 1:28 PM
i ended up finding another engine about 40,000 miles and im going to use it as my daily driver for now. but i plan on taking the enigne thats in it now taking it apart and basicly rebuilding it. im heading into college so money will be hard but i plan on making this a project not a week long build. if you could give me a website or something where i can get all these parts for the engine like the pistons, bearings all that stuff that i need for the rebuld. im also VERY intrested in the secret cams and have read about them but would enjoy details. i know im not going to be able to do all this work by myself so im going to have to find a machine shop of some sort for some of the tech stuff but i plan on making this an educational and fun project for myself who is starting out in the auto field.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:38 PM
personally... im not a fan of the secret cams any more. they just dont warrant the headache IMO. put real cams in. the ho's.

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 7:49 PM
i searched the web for performance cams , pistons and the everything... i didnt find much. where would you go to get stuff for a engine rebuild.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 8:59 PM
ok...

carcustoms.net

turbotechracing.com

rksport.com

levelzeromotorsports.com

jbo classifieds. quad4forums.com classifieds.

PFFT secret cams?! pm me if you want a real upgrade.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search