Updating the JBO FAQ - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Updating the JBO FAQ
Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:01 AM
Hi folks..

I know there's a lot of you out there that think the current JBO FAQ is lacking in some areas... yet despite calls in the past by myself and others, I have seen very few actual suggestions on things that need improvement...

I plan on going through some of the articles and adding to them, editing, revising, plain-old-deleting, etc.... but in the meantime...

If you see anything specific (key word... specific... ie, give me a link or quote please!) that you KNOW needs fixing... or you have a contribution (don't tell me to search for it... give me a link, or I'll never get to it...)... send it my way!! Either post here in this thread... or PM or email me please.

Thanks,

...j

Re: Updating the JBO FAQ
Friday, July 10, 2009 6:04 AM
Hi John. Maybe add to the 2000+ radio FAQ about which harness to get, and the add-a-circuit, and grab the info from my sticky on how to hook up aftermarket things to monsoon, how to replace monsoon amp, etc...

Friday, July 10, 2009 6:32 AM
Hey Lenko, can you clarify this?

John Lenko wrote: give me a link, or I'll never get to it...

Were one post in and apparently that was not clear enough.

Friday, July 10, 2009 9:54 AM
I guess I'll let Jeff's post slide because I do know what info he's referring to

...j

Friday, July 10, 2009 6:40 PM
Sorry, a lot going on.

Take http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=51826&t=51826

and combine with http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=118462&t=118462 for what I was talking about.

Friday, July 10, 2009 7:49 PM

Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:29 PM
Tiebar article could use some pictures for those that can't understand what is being said.
Pictures speak a thousand words.

What about new A arms? needs to be removed or updated with the aluminum control arms conversion.

Can I install rear disc brakes? needs to have a link that takes it to the neon rear disc swap.

Quote:

Warm air, or short ram, intakes are much smaller, with a shorter length for the air to flow. However, they use air from inside the engine bay which is almost always warmer than a cold-air intake. However, this is at most a couple of degrees once the car is moving, so this argument is next to pointless.

This needs to be changed as I've got proof that there is a dramatic difference in the temperatures of cai vs wai.
30 degree or more difference is vast compared to a 'couple of degrees'.
Here's the article for the above.

That's some of the things that I could see need fixing.
Here's some that could be added.

Hoodpin install for the J-body

Fuel pump replacement for the J-body.

Floorbar or room bar installation which is a simple mod that is overlooked and does an excellent job of chassis stiffening.

Anyway, I thought I'd put in my input on some of this.
Whether things get changed or added is up to the people running the show.
Good luck.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, July 13, 2009 3:37 PM
Wow, some nice stuff coming in.
I just hope it all gets put in the proper place while other areas are removed as needed.
I've bookmarked this page for further reading and some remedial reading.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, July 13, 2009 10:09 PM

Monday, July 27, 2009 2:51 PM
Monday, August 03, 2009 8:11 AM
john any updates?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the contributions... when I have time, I'll be adding them to the FAQ. I just suffered a computer crash and am busy trying to get everything back in order on my end... but once that's done

Friday, August 07, 2009 10:17 AM
HOW TO - Recover Your Visors

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, August 07, 2009 6:47 PM
Quote:

This needs to be changed as I've got proof that there is a dramatic difference in the temperatures of cai vs wai.
30 degree or more difference is vast compared to a 'couple of degrees'.
Here's the article for the above.

I think it should also state the difference in throttle response. CAI has worse throttle response, and a WAI has better. A WAI with a cold air duct gives you the best of both worlds.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:40 PM
Tons of 4T40E info...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Saturday, September 05, 2009 7:29 PM
www.jbodysource.org .... tons of info there, but the site hasnt been edited in a few years... i kinda gave up on the project.

Friday, September 25, 2009 9:49 AM
do you want any help?? lol give me a topic and i can help you type it up or w/e ? let me know

Friday, September 25, 2009 11:11 AM
I'll accept any offers for help, yes

Feel free to grab the contents of a page, edit it.. then email me the new text you want there... I'll update it.

I'm working on some of the bits right now... have some time while @ work

Friday, September 25, 2009 12:15 PM
ok sounds good
is it worth while to send the couple of stickys that i've started to edit just cuz they ended up being so long and important info throughout the 9+ pages? or are you just doing misc forum posts?

Friday, September 25, 2009 1:27 PM
I'm not able to edit the stickys... so don't send me any of that stuff. I can only add/edit/remove stuff from the FAQ itself, not the Library articles.

If you have a huge sticky... best to divide it up into individual articles to add to the FAQ. I will do those one-by-one...

If you see something in the FAQ already, but it needs updating/editing/adding to/etc.... then send me that but tell me where the existing article is.

Friday, July 09, 2010 3:29 PM
Was searching found this maybe stick the pictures for other reference it could be a sticky or placed in general information or something just a thought..it's reference pics to undercarriage
Clicky

Friday, July 09, 2010 6:08 PM
Dave was supposed to set me up to help with this, but he said he's waiting until the new integrated forum/faq code is implemented...

Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:59 AM
good stuff here

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search