When did this forum become the dumping grounds? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: When did this forum become the dumping grounds?
Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:21 PM
It's a dead economy platform without a "H" on the front, what does everyone expect?

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:22 PM
Tinkles wrote:It's a dead economy platform without a "H" on the front, what does everyone expect?[/quote

More "H", I guess.....

Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:41 AM
It may be a dead platform, without the aftermarket support that the "H" has, but there are people on here and out there that are still true enthusiast of the J-Body, myself included! Like it has been mentioned earlier in this thread, maybe its time for a change (sorry to sound like Obama). Id hate to see this site decline

Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:46 AM
You are not a true enthusiast as your car does not have over 300 hp.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:26 AM
Scott (Silver Z) wrote:You are not a true enthusiast as your car does not have over 300 hp.

neither are you though.

really though, I'm surprised he wasn't banned long ago.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:05 PM
Brad wrote:
Scott (Silver Z) wrote:You are not a true enthusiast as your car does not have over 300 hp.

neither are you though.

really though, I'm surprised he wasn't banned long ago.

HardcoreXCavalier wrote:there are people on here and out there that are still true enthusiast of the J-Body, myself included!

I never said I was. I am just a punk with a fart can and an intake.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:53 PM
i actually move posts from the general forum to the correct forum quite often. most are maint., newbies, or a/e threads. im usually online late at night though, so most people don't notice the 1 hour 'thread moved' footprint after i clean up a bit.

besides, the general forum has been a dumping ground for years now, this certainly isn't a new thing.

Monday, September 21, 2009 3:49 AM
cannon fodder wrote:i actually move posts from the general forum to the correct forum quite often. most are maint., newbies, or a/e threads. im usually online late at night though, so most people don't notice the 1 hour 'thread moved' footprint after i clean up a bit.

besides, the general forum has been a dumping ground for years now, this certainly isn't a new thing.

It has gotten much worse lately.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 21, 2009 5:41 AM
Theres moderators on this site?

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport
Check it out! --> Flickr

Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:32 PM
It's happening again.... I wish the newbies would stick to the correct forum for a while...

Thursday, October 08, 2009 6:05 PM
Make me a moderator. I've been a global mod on other sites for close to 10 years now, I can easily handle the bs that this place would put up.

Friday, October 09, 2009 3:45 AM
wow... this thread is full of people begging to be a moderator and thats like the last way to become one...

oh well

Most of the premium members already know this, Dave has made a lot of changes over the past year, all suggestions from site paying members.... if you want to make changes here, go premium, and post in the site suggestions thread in Anything Goes.

Friday, October 09, 2009 4:14 PM
w3Rd took me a day to get my suggestion accomplished

Friday, October 09, 2009 5:08 PM
I'm sorry for being a jerk sometimes. I'll take all the credit about Kim being a man. I didn't realize it would get that viral.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:13 AM
I paid and was a Premium member for years, even submitted an idea or two in that very thread if I'm not mistaken.

The honest truth is that the perk of getting AG and AAG for $2 a month is worthless to me and I never make more than 100 posts per month. Guess which $20 I can do without spending per year?

I'd be a better mod than Kyle though.

Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:38 AM
KFLO wrote:I paid and was a Premium member for years, even submitted an idea or two in that very thread if I'm not mistaken.

The honest truth is that the perk of getting AG and AAG for $2 a month is worthless to me and I never make more than 100 posts per month. Guess which $20 I can do without spending per year?

I'd be a better mod than Kyle though.

every once in a while I pay for a month or two of premi membership, when I feel like posting alot......... Payed for one month still have not been activated, pm'd dave and still have not heard a reply???

Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:38 PM
Aaron ODonoghue wrote:Payed for one month still have not been activated, pm'd dave and still have not heard a reply???

first of all, how did you pay? instant paypal transfer? e-check? does the paypal account use the same e-mail address as in your profile, or a different one? how long ago did you pay?

Saturday, October 10, 2009 6:40 PM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:I'm sorry for being a jerk sometimes. I'll take all the credit about Kim being a man. I didn't realize it would get that viral.

Credit stealer.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:07 PM
cannon fodder wrote:
Aaron ODonoghue wrote:Payed for one month still have not been activated, pm'd dave and still have not heard a reply???

first of all, how did you pay? instant paypal transfer? e-check? does the paypal account use the same e-mail address as in your profile, or a different one? how long ago did you pay?

paypal and I payment was on the 2nd of this month and yes my e-mails are the same.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:17 PM
Aaron ODonoghue wrote:
cannon fodder wrote:

paypal and I payment was on the 2nd of this month and yes my e-mails are the same.

thats odd... usually all you have to do is log out and back in...

i'll let dave know next time i talk to him...

KFLO wrote:I'd be a better mod than Kyle though.

probably... most of my free time devoted to the .org is going in to JBO Chat right now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:20 PM

Friday, October 16, 2009 11:08 AM
Tinkles wrote:It's a dead economy platform without a "H" on the front, what does everyone expect?

Yes and no.
Since i've been here from day one up till now i can say the decline has been around much longer than just a year or 2. This sites quality of posts/members has declined since the site peaked in 2002. Not to say all current active members suck...but there are more Rodimus Primes posting these days with non-sense and insults than quality members providing any thing positive. In JBO's peak these clowns would have been easily 30 day'd or banned period.

IMHO J-body.org is less about J-bodies these day as it's more about car enthusiast period today. For many this is a site for people new to sport compacts. It's not just econo-box tuning 101, it's web forum survival & etiquette 101 as well. We all drive what we drive but want something else, and when we make connections here we stick around long after we've moved on to a better car/truck. So really it's NOT a site dedicated to J-body "cars" but more like a site for J-body "owners" if you own one....or did you're welcome here.

Your entrance into this esteemed club is that you had to suffer through owning a J-body first. Once you live through that hell....you're membership here is golden.
LOL

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, October 16, 2009 8:36 PM
Lance L wrote:I think this site is better then Gmscf anyways...

Never heard of you or know you on those forums.
So your post is reallyinconsequential then.

Jookycola wrote:Yes and no.
Since i've been here from day one up till now i can say the decline has been around much longer than just a year or 2. This sites quality of posts/members has declined since the site peaked in 2002. Not to say all current active members suck...but there are more Rodimus Primes posting these days with non-sense and insults than quality members providing any thing positive. In JBO's peak these clowns would have been easily 30 day'd or banned period.

IMHO J-body.org is less about J-bodies these day as it's more about car enthusiast period today. For many this is a site for people new to sport compacts. It's not just econo-box tuning 101, it's web forum survival & etiquette 101 as well. We all drive what we drive but want something else, and when we make connections here we stick around long after we've moved on to a better car/truck. So really it's NOT a site dedicated to J-body "cars" but more like a site for J-body "owners" if you own one....or did you're welcome here.

Your entrance into this esteemed club is that you had to suffer through owning a J-body first. Once you live through that hell....you're membership here is golden.
LOL

Well said and I agree.
I've been here for awhile too and have seen changes come and go.
For information, this site is priceless, and should be applaused for having the people here that know their Jbodies.
I'm not premium because I don't post that much so for me, it's useless to have a premium membership.
If it became a pay for site, I'd still pay to come here, post, and gain the knowledge that I've gotten from these forums.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, October 26, 2009 8:20 PM
Jookycola wrote:
Tinkles wrote:It's a dead economy platform without a "H" on the front, what does everyone expect?

Yes and no.

LOL

Very true.

And some of us just can't seem to get rid of them, either.

Oh well, I still like my Js anyways...they'll always make a good beater or project car....

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:21 PM
some of the old school guys are still lurking.

I check the site often. (GreenZ is my old username).

Thing that gets me is these damn " so and so is a good seller/ buyer" Who gives a $hit . lenko remembers when everyone was a good seller and you never seen them posts.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:41 PM
Jake wrote:some of the old school guys are still lurking.

I check the site often. (GreenZ is my old username).

Thing that gets me is these damn " so and so is a good seller/ buyer" Who gives a $hit . lenko remembers when everyone was a good seller and you never seen them posts.

Haha, I thought you'd gone a long time ago.
Wow, he still lives. lol
Good seeing you man and you too DaveZ.
We go a long way.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search