Toyota Cavalier help - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toyota Cavalier help
Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:26 PM
Ok, Since the time about 10 years ago I learned about the Toyota cavalier 24z I have been saving money. Can anyone help me on finding a good reliable import company to have one imported. I been wanting one for Years now I posses the money to purchase one. So any help would be grateful than you all.

I live my life a 1/4 lb. cheese burger at a time.

Re: Toyota Cavalier help
Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:41 PM
GM wont let you legally import a Toyota Cav. I know someone who is trying very hard to get one and they get as far as GM before getting denied. Legally.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:00 PM
How did that one guy with the blacked out Z24 get one?

Can it even be registered once in the states?

Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:04 PM
streetline always has one for sale in florida haha

Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:06 PM
talk to steve , aka street line , aka the hated one

Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:13 PM
Yeah, just buy the Black one that Steve has.

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body Bash Veteran
Friday, September 11, 2009 8:48 AM
Anyone know of a link or way to get hold of him? It is authentic right? I don't care the time and cost I will own one. Worse case scenario I will have it broke down into parts and shipped to my shop to reassemble LOL

Friday, September 11, 2009 10:21 AM
you can contact him here on the org. his black one is legit. i think its # 50 of 200 made. correct me if im wrong.

Friday, September 11, 2009 1:37 PM
Tinkles wrote:GM wont let you legally import a Toyota Cav. I know someone who is trying very hard to get one and they get as far as GM before getting denied. Legally.

Its not GM that won't let you import one, its the US government. GM doesn't care if you import it. But the government will chop or crush it as soon as it gets off the boat.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Friday, September 11, 2009 1:48 PM
I was told that you need a letter of permission(or something like it) from GM and they wont do it.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, September 11, 2009 2:18 PM
Dave wrote:
Tinkles wrote:GM wont let you legally import a Toyota Cav. I know someone who is trying very hard to get one and they get as far as GM before getting denied. Legally.

Its not GM that won't let you import one, its the US government. GM doesn't care if you import it. But the government will chop or crush it as soon as it gets off the boat.

Why is this? And how did the other guy get one?

Friday, September 11, 2009 5:21 PM
It's all has to do with the DOT standards for US cars, if I remember correctly The Hated One had to deal with getting the TRD Toyota Cav DOT approved which is not only a PITA but not cheap. He may have a way to get another one in, but you're looking at 9,000-10,000 and that is for like a 97 or 98.

Friday, September 11, 2009 9:35 PM
well i have about 15,000 saved up for one so thats fine with me I want it I will have it LOL

Friday, September 11, 2009 9:38 PM
Ok I found him ya dont want that one. Its not my taste or style. But I will contact him and see if he would be will to work with me to help me get one.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 3:00 AM
Never mind I thought something was messed up the one I looked at was converted The black one is the one I am looking for the 2.4Z I thought somthing was weird when I first loked at the other one. I sent him an e-mail asking for his help/assistance. Thanks all you

Saturday, September 12, 2009 5:54 AM
Good luck you can't bring them over, LEGALLY anyway.

There are other means but I will leave that to you to figure out and decided if it's worth the effort.

I have worked with literally dozens of importers, and streetline over several months to try and get one brought over. You just can't have them here in the US.

I've spoken with GM, the NHTSA, EPA, and others the car will never be allowed.

Your only means of getting one would be supplying one to the NHTSA for safety testing, you would have to fund the testing, and the car tested would be put through a crash test thus making it unusable anyway. Of course there is much more to it then that but overall not worth the effort. In the end your 15K wont do you a damn bit of good.

I would suggest making a friend in Japan or one of the other countries the cars are floating around in, and having them send you the parts you need to convert to rhd.

Sorry if I burst your bubble but I figured I would save you the stress, hassle, time, and aggravation that I experienced in attempting this.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 6:03 AM
NVus wrote:well i have about 15,000 saved up for one so thats fine with me I want it I will have it LOL

For a cavalier?

Wow, I know they are cool, but not $15,000 cool. I would buy something worth $15,000 imo.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 3:06 PM
OK well thanks gain I will work on something and figure something out some day lol. I know I would like one well sorry a real one anyways even if it means waiting till street line decides to get rid of his. Thanks alot guys for all the help and 2 cents

Saturday, September 12, 2009 5:27 PM
Last street line said the black one is for sale. But he wanted $20,000

Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:08 AM
WOW havent been on this site in same time and come back to this. Nice to see that the Toyota Cavalier is still talked about. Ok for your questions about my TRD and Importing.

1. My REAL TRD Toyota Cavalier is NOT FOR SELL!
2. There was only 50 made of the TRD and this one here is # 17
3. You cant import anything right now, the US Customs is cracking down on everyone. Its not the DOT or the EPA its the US Customs.
4. you can bring anything in legal or illegal you just need to know how or who to go to. Once the vechile is here you can make it legal like i did with the TRD
5. Back to answer 3 right now they are using Home Land and I.C.E. to stop importing cars right now. Why who knows the US GOV. is so broke there trying to make money anywhere.
6. The cost of a Toyota Cavalier is no where 20,000 or 15,000 last one I got in for a person was 8,000 shipped to there door with all taxes.
7. you can get hold of me at info@street-line.net or 321-377-2769 (but be ready to not hear good news about the importing at this TIME)
8. Im working right now on a new contact in Japan that can get us anything we want mostly the new front clips for the skylines.
9. And your all right its not worth 15,000 for a Toyota Cavalier i have NEVER sold any of them over 9,000, only the TRD would be more due to how RARE and LIMITED it is.

Hope this clears up some questions and after all these years some of you are still way off on this topic but its ok where all here to learn. If you have any other questions just posted them or contact me. Also for those that have been tring to get hold of me sorry some fun things have been going on here and i just havent gotten time to call back (sorry for that and i will call)

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:14 AM
I'll defintely be in touch in a few months about the part I contacted you about. Thanks for clearing all that up. STUPID CUSTOMS! lol. O and P.S. YOU SUCK ON THE R34!!! LOL

Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:39 AM
Ecotecpower get hold of me right after SEMA I believe i have a new company from Japan that looks very very promising.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 6:43 PM
Anybody know any importers bring in front clips? I'm looking to do a full toyota conversion in a US car for a new daily driver.

Cardomain|Myspace

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:15 PM
Try the guy who posted above you.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Thursday, October 08, 2009 7:00 AM
Steve already said that he is between suppliers. I can only assume that is why Streetline is down. I have contacted a few of the suppliers of skyline and silvia clips that we use at work and they wont do a toyota cav front. I even tried some of my UK suppliers I've used to RHD swap a couple VWs... No luck.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search