Funny Trend - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Funny Trend
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed how many threads have been going down hill lately? The top two threads in the P&m forum are a joke. I think darwinism is making it's way through JBO. Some of the smarter people are just moving one, granted some of the older guys are still here helping out. J-bodies being a dead platform are falling into the hands of younger/stupider people and they find their way here. It's a long slippery slope, farewell to the good days of JBO.

I still love these forums and have learned so much about cavs and cars in general, but it's starting to really annoy me with some of this drama, mods seem to just let things get out of control, instead of locking a thread, it just festers and goes downhill. This will probably end up in one of those threads with people saying "If you don't like it, leave.", but I was jsut stating my opinion and trying to see what others think and see if we can save it a little?

Re: Funny Trend
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:29 PM
i agree, and although i'm not a "veteran", i really do like this site and have learned quite a bit about these cars.

onto my argument with fox in the "new exhaust" thread, yeah i probly should've just kept my mouth shut but i just really did'nt like seeing him talk @!#$ about the guys car. it was my fault for continuing to fuel the fire.

i still think jbo is a great site, it just seems like alot of the actual guys that've been here for a long time are starting to either move on, or just don't care what all the new people think.

i dunno, i hope it can still b a good site for a long time to come even though the j-body is a dead platform. but who knows.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:48 PM
OhForKavy wrote:Has anyone else noticed how many threads have been going down hill lately? The top two threads in the P&m forum are a joke. I think darwinism is making it's way through JBO. Some of the smarter people are just moving one, granted some of the older guys are still here helping out. J-bodies being a dead platform are falling into the hands of younger/stupider people and they find their way here. It's a long slippery slope, farewell to the good days of JBO.

I still love these forums and have learned so much about cavs and cars in general, but it's starting to really annoy me with some of this drama, mods seem to just let things get out of control, instead of locking a thread, it just festers and goes downhill. This will probably end up in one of those threads with people saying "If you don't like it, leave.", but I was jsut stating my opinion and trying to see what others think and see if we can save it a little?
X's 2!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:43 PM
blucavvy wrote:i agree, and although i'm not a "veteran", i really do like this site and have learned quite a bit about these cars.

onto my argument with fox in the "new exhaust" thread, yeah i probly should've just kept my mouth shut but i just really did'nt like seeing him talk @!#$ about the guys car. it was my fault for continuing to fuel the fire.

i still think jbo is a great site, it just seems like alot of the actual guys that've been here for a long time are starting to either move on, or just don't care what all the new people think.

i dunno, i hope it can still b a good site for a long time to come even though the j-body is a dead platform. but who knows.

in a way, I kinda feel guilty too, but at the same time, I don't.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:05 PM
I was just banned 5 days for doing about the same thing "thread jacking" (and yes, I agree I deserved it lol) Maybe there should be a stronger moderation appearance on the forums? In thread warning from mods? "Banned" tags for users who get banned?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:46 PM
Cabin fever is setting in early this year.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:50 PM
lol Everyone seems so touchy lately..every thread turns into a pissing match, it's kinda sad really..

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:53 PM
i agree

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:08 PM
There are just aboot as many of these threads as there are "what's the best (insert part here) for my cavy/fire" threads.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:19 PM
At this point, there isnt much new that can be posted. No one is really innovating on the platform. Most questions I have I just search for. Thats why the threads go down hill. The ones that are made are usually asinine.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:46 PM
OhForKavy wrote:lol Everyone seems so touchy lately..every thread turns into a pissing match, it's kinda sad really..

Oh noes i is offended. I call your car gay. Gayer than a Toyota Prius.

TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:At this point, there isnt much new that can be posted. No one is really innovating on the platform. Most questions I have I just search for. Thats why the threads go down hill. The ones that are made are usually asinine.

I have a few interesting ideas, but you wont see anything from me until they get put into motion.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:01 PM
are we as bad as the VW guys? if no. keeping being douche bags!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:33 PM
there are only a handful of active moderators anymore, we don't see everything. i know i don't have nearly as much free time as i used to to moderate. if a thread starts getting out of hand, report it.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:21 PM
meh

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:29 PM
If you don't like it, read Joey's ode. Then read mine.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:20 PM
lol the ode threads are pretty great.
-As far as mods, we should get a few more who are on here a bit and can sift through some of the junk (just an idea)
- Tinkles - @!#$ off you piece of @!#$.

j/k I really could care less and know you are messin around

but yeah, like said above, there just isn't much new, but when there is it's a 10 pages long thread, and that's great, just few and far between

+1 for VW douche bags

/end rant haha

Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:32 PM
seems most that get out of hand are by people who have been on the site for a while.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:10 PM
I don't see why people act as if it's something new here. It has been the same as long as I can remember.

Friday, October 30, 2009 3:12 PM
Shadowfire wrote:I don't see why people act as if it's something new here. It has been the same as long as I can remember.

Truth, Years of lurking before joining has shown this.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:56 PM
its the fact that there isnt as much posting going on. back in the day there were thousands of posts so when one blew up it wasnt as big a deal because there was so much other posting going on. now that the posting is allot less when somethign blows up it sits there on the front day after day after day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 02, 2009 7:35 PM
Most of the older guys just ignore the stupid posts, or we read them and have a laugh. I read quite a bit on here nearly everyday, and have been for like 9 years. But I still don't go over about 10 posts a month.

Sunday, November 08, 2009 2:14 AM
I havnt ventured out of OT or AG in awhile so I never see them anyway....

I prob should though... maybee ive been here to long idk..

Monday, November 09, 2009 11:18 AM
i try to move around to just about every forum.

sometimes i get into heated debates and it gets out of hand. i am guilty of this for sure. however... i have been trying to take things to PM over just keeping the thread going.

some people get bent out of shape for thread jacking or just plain posting something irrelevant but the way i see it is who cares anymore? this place is dieing off FAST. take what you can get is what i say.

I must confess... I feel like a monster!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search