looking at getting a Z24.. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking at getting a Z24..
Monday, November 16, 2009 4:10 AM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1465139212.html

What do ya'll think about it? I think it would be a good project, but I really wish it was a 5 speed. My friend doesn't seem to think these Z24's can come close to a 10 in the 1/8 so I have to show the dumb ass, haha.

How many miles can the LD9 go for... on average?

Re: looking at getting a Z24..
Monday, November 16, 2009 8:31 AM
Verocity wrote:My friend doesn't seem to think these Z24's can come close to a 10 in the 1/8 so I have to show the dumb ass, haha.

So youre going to spend over a grand to prove it? Who's the dumb ass again?

Here is proof, cost me nothing and just saved you $1,000. Feel free to paypal me $50 for helping you out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 16, 2009 8:36 AM

Monday, November 16, 2009 8:31 AM
My LD9 made it to 190k till my cam tower gaskets needed replacements.

Its a 96...

Monday, November 16, 2009 8:58 AM
He seems to think you HAVE to have a supercharger or nitrous, or crazy motor work, or something to get these cars going that fast. I've decided to save my money and get suspension and some things I've been wanting to get done to my car. And in that process I'll be looking to get an ecotec swapped in my car.

My buddy thinks they are slow because an ecotec raced at our dragstrip with 22"! rims and ran a 10.9 in the 1/8...(1/8 strip) ..and for some reason he thinks bigger rims would help you go faster...and so does his dad, Idk why they don't understand common sense.

Ecotec swap coming soon, I'td be kick ass to swap it to a 5-speed too, but I think that'd be alot of work. December 12th im going to dyno this LN2, maybe it'll blow and give me a reason to swap it, but I doubt it these motors seem to be tough bitches.

Monday, November 16, 2009 9:02 AM
Just factor in the money its gonna cost to maintain it with those miles. And i would buy it as a stock DD if i were you, not a "race car".

Just my couple of pennies.

I think it looks good for its milage though. For 750, i might pick it up after a test drive.

Monday, November 16, 2009 9:50 AM
The interior looks gorgeous.

Monday, November 16, 2009 9:59 AM
EcoCav [DesertTuners.com wrote:]
Verocity wrote:My friend doesn't seem to think these Z24's can come close to a 10 in the 1/8 so I have to show the dumb ass, haha.

Here is proof, cost me nothing and just saved you $1,000. Feel free to paypal me $50 for helping you out.

If you could cut down your 60' times you would be kicking some more @$$....very impressive.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Monday, November 16, 2009 3:54 PM
24zeta wrote:

If you could cut down your 60' times you would be kicking some more @$$....very impressive.

It isn't his slip. He posted one of Karo's old slips.

Monday, November 16, 2009 4:25 PM

u just showed him a 1/4 mile slip time, not an 1/8th mile slip like he said.

Monday, November 16, 2009 5:31 PM
blucavvy wrote:

u just showed him a 1/4 mile slip time, not an 1/8th mile slip like he said.

1/8th was 9.149 on the slip

FYI my LD9 had only aboot 178k on it when I sold it earlier this year.

Monday, November 16, 2009 5:43 PM
i knew that, but he highlighted 1/4 mile time, when verocity was stating 1/8th mile time, 9.149 is under ten, not by alot but it's under ten.

Monday, November 16, 2009 6:27 PM
I have never ran a 1/4 so I'm not real familiar with their time, and our local track is a 1/8 so thats what kind of terms I use with friends and they use too around here.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:54 AM
He didn't highlight anything... that's the JBO timeslip system at work.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:30 AM
average miles for an LD9?

0-300,000.

I must confess... I feel like a monster!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:46 PM
John Lenko wrote:He didn't highlight anything... that's the JBO timeslip system at work.

ah, gotcha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search