Saw an interesting Cav on my way home......... - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saw an interesting Cav on my way home.........
Friday, January 15, 2010 6:56 PM
Bill wrote:Cavaliers never came with this package, um what about the 03-05 Ls sports that had the leather wrapped shift knob .

A leather wrapped shift knob is not the same as a leather wrapped shift knob, steering wheel, e-brake handle and driver lumbar adjuster . A 2 year old could add a leather wrapped shift knob to their J, but the other stuff is a much bigger deal. Not as easy to add and the Cavalier never came with those extras.

Friday, January 15, 2010 7:16 PM
Also, the Sunfire shift knob is a much nicer design in my opinion:

The Cavalier shift knob just looks huge and awkward.

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:03 PM
so really then the one in the Ls sports is just imitation or an add on.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:05 PM
Also, what's such a big deal about a lumbar adjuster e brake handle etc also i don't think pontiac is really anything great Give me a chevy any day of the week over any pontiac.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:11 PM
In my Personal Opinion.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:16 PM
bill, u do realize that sunfires and cavaliers are the same vehicle right? set aside their very minor differences and u have the exact same vehicle.

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:19 PM
Good point blucavvy, however we have had some pontiacs in the past and they have not been the best cars we have had better luck with chevys granted both are gm products.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:21 PM
Bill wrote:so really then the one in the Ls sports is just imitation or an add on.
Bill wrote:Also, what's such a big deal about a lumbar adjuster e brake handle etc also i don't think pontiac is really anything great Give me a chevy any day of the week over any pontiac.

Obviously you don't get what I am saying. I am saying the Cavalier only has the leather wrapped shift knob, it does not have the other things that the Sunfire has.

Those other things happen to improve greatly on the look and feel of the interior in my opinion. Having a leather wrapped steering wheel and e-brake handle gives the interior a nicer look, rather than having the crappy rubber, or whatever it is, steering wheel and e-brake handle. This is exactly why I swapped these things into my '02 Sunfire SE Sedan. Many other Sunfire owners have done this swap as well. As far as the lumbar adjuster goes, it makes a huge difference because you can adjust it and make the driver's seat much more comfortable.

As far as Chevy vs. Pontiac... don't even get me started. They're the same damn thing (J-Bodies)! But if you really want to go there...

JBO FAQ wrote:The main differences are the exterior and interior styling. The main body of the two cars is virtually identical, right down to the frame. There is a distinct difference in the rear quarter panel and tail end sheet metal between the Cavalier and Sunfire coupes, but the sedans are identical. The mechanical equipment remains the same for both cars, and both cars have essentially the same equipment available.

To GM, the Cavalier is positioned as the more "value-based" car, while the Sunfire is seen as the more "performance-based" car. It is because of this that the Sunfire receives things such as more sound-deadening material and thicker padding in the dash and seats. Some minor options, such as courtesy lights and assist straps are only found on the Sunfire. Also, the Sunfire GT receives a dual-muffler exhaust system, while the Z24 does not.

According to a phobia list member who works at the Lordstown plant, the Sunfire also receives slightly higher-quality materials than the Cavalier does. For example, bumpers on the Cavalier are made from cheaper thermoplastic olefin (TPO) while the Sunfire receives reinforced injected molded plastic (RIM) bumpers.

Cavalier < Sunfire

That is all.

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:25 PM
Bill wrote:Good point blucavvy, however we have had some pontiacs in the past and they have not been the best cars we have had better luck with chevys granted both are gm products.

Were these Pontiacs used?

We have a '94 Pontiac Sunbird LE Sedan sitting in our driveway right now that was purchased brand new on January 1, 1994. It currently has 252,496 miles on it and it couldn't run any better. Personally, we have had nothing but outstanding performance and reliability from our Pontiacs.

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:26 PM
as far as chevy vs pontiac don't even get you started fine, you can have your sunfire i would much rather have a chevy even though they are both gm products as i just explained we have had pontiacs in the past and they have not been the greatest cars in the world we have had better luck with a chevy so i will stick with what i have had the best luck with.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:30 PM
we had a bonneville wagon at one point, years ago could not have had more problems with it the interior fell apart the carpeting was coming up in the back the engine was garbage had problems with the speedometer not working on several occasions. Given that, i personally would never own another pontiac but again that is just me everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:31 PM
and btw the bonneville wagon was brand new when we bought it .
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:31 PM
Bill wrote:Good point blucavvy, however we have had some pontiacs in the past and they have not been the best cars we have had better luck with chevys granted both are gm products.
Bill wrote:as far as chevy vs pontiac don't even get you started fine, you can have your sunfire i would much rather have a chevy even though they are both gm products as i just explained we have had pontiacs in the past and they have not been the greatest cars in the world we have had better luck with a chevy so i will stick with what i have had the best luck with.
J TO ENVY wrote:Were these Pontiacs used?

Well... were they used or not?

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:33 PM
So, you had one bad experience and now all Pontiacs are garabge?

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:35 PM
maybe not all, but i personally would never own another one, if you love pontiac that's your choice but as for myself personally and as i said that is just me. You can agree disagree etc whatever you want with me and we can still remain friends.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:41 PM
Bill wrote:maybe not all, but i personally would never own another one, if you love pontiac that's your choice but as for myself personally and as i said that is just me. You can agree disagree etc whatever you want with me and we can still remain friends.

I just think it's ridiculous! It's like dating one person, than that person cheats on you and after that you swear off dating anyone ever again and become a hermit. It doesn't make sense! You had one bad experience with a car that is the same damn thing as your beloved Chevy!

We were never friends to begin with.

After searching for posts that you have started on here, I think it's funny to see how many of them are about problems you've experienced with your precious little Cavalier .

Wow! Just wow!

Hypocritical much?!

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:47 PM
i have had one bad experience with a car that is the same thing as my chevy, the Pontiac bonneville is the same thing as a chevy cavalier. news to me
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:48 PM
As for never being friends to begin with fine by me your choice.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:49 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Bill wrote:maybe not all, but i personally would never own another one, if you love pontiac that's your choice but as for myself personally and as i said that is just me. You can agree disagree etc whatever you want with me and we can still remain friends.

I just think it's ridiculous! It's like dating one person, than that person cheats on you and after that you swear off dating anyone ever again and become a hermit. It doesn't make sense! You had one bad experience with a car that is the same damn thing as your beloved Chevy!

After searching for posts that you have started on here, I think it's funny to see how many of them are about problems you've experienced with your precious little Cavalier .

Wow! Just wow!

Hypocritical much?!
how many problems i've experienced with my precious little cavalier, right and not one single person on here has problems with theirs.
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:58 PM
Bill wrote:i have had one bad experience with a car that is the same thing as my chevy, the Pontiac bonneville is the same thing as a chevy cavalier. news to me
Bill wrote:As for never being friends to begin with fine by me your choice.
Bill wrote:how many problems i've experienced with my precious little cavalier, right and not one single person on here has problems with theirs.

Where did I say a Bonnville is the same as a Cavalier? Reading > you.

You're damn right it's my choice and I would never be friends with someone like you.

All I am saying is quit acting like your Cavalier is the greatest @!#$ car on the planet. Obviously, it's had it's fair share of problems. I can honestly say owning four Pontiac Js from new, I have never exeperienced any of the problems you've asked about on here with them.

Darkstars wrote:It's not so much this question that makes you stupid.... its just you in general

Are you aware you've been nominated for the 2008 douche bag of the year and your actually do quite well in the competition? Although you've been posting less which is taking some attention away from yourself.... But yeah, bottom line, you ARE stupid

carry on

It all makes sense now...

Also, can't you reply in one post instead of seven, each with only one line of text?! All you're doing is wasting your posts for the month and bandwidth.

Friday, January 15, 2010 9:04 PM
when did i ever once on here ever say my Cavalier was the greatest car on the planet, if anything it is mere a to b transportation nothing else.

Friday, January 15, 2010 9:05 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:

Wow! Just wow!

Hypocritical much?!
you had one bad experience with a car that is the same damn thing as your chevy the pontiac we owned was a bonneville if i had owned a sunfire yeah that would be the same thing.
Friday, January 15, 2010 9:30 PM
lol, wowza, ok i'm just gonna step in here if u folks don't mind

j to envy-looks to me like u agreed with me a few posts earlier that sunfires and cavaliers are basically the same car and yet you come off with this pontiac>cavalier bs. what is that? it's the same vehicle!

and bill, u keep saying that u just want chevy for life basically, blieve me buddy, i'm with ya on that one, but as far as j-body's go it's the same god damned car!

seriously people, y r u arguing about a car that is exactly the same as the other than badges?

other than that, i'ma stay tuned for this one, it's an awesome bitchfest.

Friday, January 15, 2010 9:42 PM
Agreed Blucavvy, and it's amazing how this all got started when i simply said i prefer chevy over pontiac . If it seemed like i was picking a fight or trying to then i apologize as that was not my intention.
Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:58 AM
blucavvy wrote:j to envy-looks to me like u agreed with me a few posts earlier that sunfires and cavaliers are basically the same car and yet you come off with this pontiac>cavalier bs. what is that? it's the same vehicle!

While they are pretty much the same vehicle, this point still stands...

JBO FAQ wrote:The main differences are the exterior and interior styling. The main body of the two cars is virtually identical, right down to the frame. There is a distinct difference in the rear quarter panel and tail end sheet metal between the Cavalier and Sunfire coupes, but the sedans are identical. The mechanical equipment remains the same for both cars, and both cars have essentially the same equipment available.

To GM, the Cavalier is positioned as the more "value-based" car, while the Sunfire is seen as the more "performance-based" car. It is because of this that the Sunfire receives things such as more sound-deadening material and thicker padding in the dash and seats. Some minor options, such as courtesy lights and assist straps are only found on the Sunfire. Also, the Sunfire GT receives a dual-muffler exhaust system, while the Z24 does not.

According to a phobia list member who works at the Lordstown plant, the Sunfire also receives slightly higher-quality materials than the Cavalier does. For example, bumpers on the Cavalier are made from cheaper thermoplastic olefin (TPO) while the Sunfire receives reinforced injected molded plastic (RIM) bumpers.

In GM's eyes the Sunfire was "better" hence why it received higher quality materials and options the Cavalier did not. This was the only point I was trying to make. If you really want to get down to the knitty gritty the Sunfire is better .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search