will we ever see a new Cavalier again? - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Monday, June 27, 2011 2:59 PM
Adam L wrote:

I can't see GM ever bringing back the Cavalier name, for one main reason, the name "cavalier" brings the word "junk" to a lot of peoples minds, personally i think they're great cars for the money, but a lot of people see them as complete junk... which brings this up, why would GM want to bring back a name that the general public saw a being a piece of crap? Even the Cobalt got a bad name fast because like mentioned above, it's essentially the 4th Gen cavalier.


Ford brought back the fiesta...just saying.. :o




Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:05 PM
So talking in the cars gone and coming back... what about the Beretta? They had their base models, the slow ones up to the fast, good economy and sport put together. The name isn't really thought of as a bad name either as far as I know, if they brought it back with some new body lines and kept them 2 door only and gave them good option/trim packages they would sell well I think, I know i would get one...
Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:51 PM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:

Adam L wrote:

I can't see GM ever bringing back the Cavalier name, for one main reason, the name "cavalier" brings the word "junk" to a lot of peoples minds, personally i think they're great cars for the money, but a lot of people see them as complete junk... which brings this up, why would GM want to bring back a name that the general public saw a being a piece of crap? Even the Cobalt got a bad name fast because like mentioned above, it's essentially the 4th Gen cavalier.


Ford brought back the fiesta...just saying.. :o


well played, sir





Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Friday, July 01, 2011 6:32 AM
Jordan wrote:

So talking in the cars gone and coming back... what about the Beretta? They had their base models, the slow ones up to the fast, good economy and sport put together. The name isn't really thought of as a bad name either as far as I know, if they brought it back with some new body lines and kept them 2 door only and gave them good option/trim packages they would sell well I think, I know i would get one...


exactly. it only had a junk car rep among dumb kids who turned them into junk in the first place. hell, I was abusive to a few of mine and they still treated me well. if they brought it back, it'd be one of a very few cars I'd pay new price for



R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:29 PM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:

ChevyBoi89 wrote:

Adam L wrote:

I can't see GM ever bringing back the Cavalier name, for one main reason, the name "cavalier" brings the word "junk" to a lot of peoples minds, personally i think they're great cars for the money, but a lot of people see them as complete junk... which brings this up, why would GM want to bring back a name that the general public saw a being a piece of crap? Even the Cobalt got a bad name fast because like mentioned above, it's essentially the 4th Gen cavalier.


Ford brought back the fiesta...just saying.. :o


well played, sir

Not really.
"Fiesta" was never in Ford's North American line up, only for the rest of the world. And the "Fiesta" name never left.
If you're talking about the "Festiva," now that one was in North America, but not in Ford's current line up.




>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Monday, July 04, 2011 12:44 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

HardcoreXSunfire wrote:

ChevyBoi89 wrote:

Adam L wrote:

I can't see GM ever bringing back the Cavalier name, for one main reason, the name "cavalier" brings the word "junk" to a lot of peoples minds, personally i think they're great cars for the money, but a lot of people see them as complete junk... which brings this up, why would GM want to bring back a name that the general public saw a being a piece of crap? Even the Cobalt got a bad name fast because like mentioned above, it's essentially the 4th Gen cavalier.


Ford brought back the fiesta...just saying.. :o


well played, sir

Not really.

"Fiesta" was never in Ford's North American line up, only for the rest of the world. And the "Fiesta" name never left.
If you're talking about the "Festiva," now that one was in North America, but not in Ford's current line up.


Even more well played. I'm guess Even and I git the two mixed. Thanks for the clarification






Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 1:12 AM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

HardcoreXSunfire wrote:

ChevyBoi89 wrote:

Adam L wrote:

I can't see GM ever bringing back the Cavalier name, for one main reason, the name "cavalier" brings the word "junk" to a lot of peoples minds, personally i think they're great cars for the money, but a lot of people see them as complete junk... which brings this up, why would GM want to bring back a name that the general public saw a being a piece of crap? Even the Cobalt got a bad name fast because like mentioned above, it's essentially the 4th Gen cavalier.


Ford brought back the fiesta...just saying.. :o


well played, sir

Not really.

"Fiesta" was never in Ford's North American line up, only for the rest of the world. And the "Fiesta" name never left.
If you're talking about the "Festiva," now that one was in North America, but not in Ford's current line up.


Even more well played. I'm guess Even and I git the two mixed. Thanks for the clarification


Wrong sir.....


Wikipedia wrote:

The U.S. Mark I Fiesta was built in Cologne, Germany but to slightly different specifications; U.S. models were Base, Decor, Sport, and Ghia, the Ghia having the highest level of trim.[6] These trim levels changed very little in the Fiesta's three year run in the USA, from 1978-80. All U.S. models featured the more powerful 1.6 L Kent (97 CID; 1597cc) inline-four engine (fitted with a catalytic converter and air pump for lower emissions), energy-absorbing bumpers, side-marker lamps, round sealed-beam headlamps, improved crash dynamics and fuel system integrity as well as optional air conditioning (a/c was not available in Europe). In the U.S. market, the Ford Escort replaced both the Fiesta and the compact Pinto in 1981.






Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 6th quickest Ecotec on the .org -12.453 @ 116.45 MPH!!!

Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 6:06 PM
what i meant was I mixed up Fiesta and Festiva.





Re: will we ever see a new Cavalier again?
Thursday, July 07, 2011 5:13 PM
The issue with like, gm bringing a car name back, brings up the closing of many gm companies, saturn, pontiac, hummer, etc. It costs money to make more cars, and why bother making a car if there is no competition for that vehicle class, if there's no competition for it, it means no one is making a car of that class, which means there's probably no market for it. Look at GM in the 90s, they had many, many, different cars, but they weren't all that much different. As for now they keep the basic line up to have at least one vehicle that will be appealing to the buyer.

Aveo - entry level car, small fuel efficient car for someone looking for a new car but doesn't have that much to spend
Cruze - Made for the same reason as the j-bodies, economy car for those looking for something smaller than a malibu but bigger than an aveo (though the cruze isn't much smaller then the malibu from what i've seen)
HHR - Well, in all honesty i don't know what made them make this... thing...
Malibu - Mid size comfortable car, good size car with some luxury options for a decent starting price
Impala - "Luxury" car so to speak, their car to appeal to the crowd looking for a fairly big, comfortable car and not sparing too much on the expense
Camaro - Car to appeal to those looking for something sporty and that looks freakin' SICK!
Equinox - Mid size suv for soccer practice
Traverse - Bigger suv?
Tahoe - Full size suv
Suburban - bigger version of tahoe? (why do they need so many god damn SUVs?)
Avalanche - full size truck and suv crammed into one
Colorado - 1/4 tonne truck for those looking for a pick up truck but don't need a full size
Silverado - Full size truck... pretty self explanatory.
Express - Cargo van
(drum roll)
CORVETTE - Beautiful, beautiful car. 'nuff said.

This list is not really that serious in all honesty, most @!#$ was off the top of my head or i made up lol. Got a little lazy towards the end, but i still ask this, why the hell does Chev need so many SUVs? Plus there's the GMC versions of those SUV's.. seriously?



^-- WTF!?! That's not a J!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search