Are there any moderators on this forum??? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Are there any moderators on this forum???
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:50 PM
Seriously everytime I come to this site it reminds me why I go else where.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:22 PM

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten

Re: Are there and moderators on this forum???
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:12 PM
Agreed. Haven't been on in months and I've gotten more information on my sunfire by asking people on the turbo dodge forum I use than I have on this one. And after looking through threads, yea this site needs some serious moderation step up.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:20 PM
They must be on vacation

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:29 PM
Who cares. I dont mind it.

I know Cannon Fodder is still around since he commented in AG yesterday other than that idk.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:41 PM
I think I even saw Rob recently too..

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:45 PM
let me ask you something... how many threads are in the forums that are spam? ---- i see none.... most forums battle this on a daily basis...

Secondly... how often does it take threads posted in the wrong forum to be moved to the correct forum? Well i see about 5 repair related threads created in general on a daily basis, by the end of the day or the next day they are moved where they should be, and no member gets scolded for posting wrong...

thirdly... how many threads do we have going on where a user is blatantly breaking the rules, and no other member has stepped in and said something.... again i see none...

---------------
Bottom line... the .org is not a paying job for anyone, including dave.org. Therefore moderation happens when they are online, and not on demand every second. By the end of the day usually everything gets taken care of. I rather it be like this where members help assist where possible than like nazi rule like on most forums.

finally... If you cannot find helpful information about your j-body on this forum, you are incapable of searching. This site has been proven to have the highest amount of useful information about j-bodies than any other site on the web. Please verse yourself with the search feature, after which if you cannot find what you are looking for, post up in the respective forum, and be respectful. Of course, if you post for example "Is this 22 dollar ebay turbo going to last 100 years on my car" and then someone answers "no" and you post "but it will give me 400 horsepower on my car because i said so and it will work"... just expect to get flamed... People don't get flamed on this site for no reason, they do so when they ask fellow J owners who have years of experience about an idea and get told that it won't work, and then they get mad about it, or believe their car is special and things that don't work for anyone else will work for them.

Ive been here for almost 7 years... and this site has been nothing but a help to me in my efforts of building my two Js...

EDIT: Heather has no room to talk what so ever... She posted up this thread --- http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=380067&t=380067 --- in General, when there is clearly a maintenance forum on the side of the page, and anyone who truly has been here would know to post there to get answers... i mean what else could maintenance mean???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:52 PM

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:45 PM
I know for a fact Cannon is on late at night like around 2 or 3 am since its when Im usually on in the summer. The mods here dont make a huge deal when they do something unlike my other forums where they randomly delete posts and lock threads with little reason. Ive gotten warnings on other sites for stupid stuff.

The mods here are VERY lenient. Ive gotten one warning here in my 2 years on here and that was for having a sig that was obviously too large. How many people on here actually get a ban for anything aside from having two accounts or being a spammer or scammer? Ive seen members of other forums be banned for simply starting an argument or defending themselves.

But this place definitely does self moderate to a point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:54 PM

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:54 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote: this place definitely does self moderate to a point.

That it does.

E-smackdowns for all.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:55 PM
and most of the moderators here moderate and be done with it, they don't go around telling everyone "look at me, i'm the moderator"

so if you aren't paying attention, you could miss it. Threads are moved to the moderator forum, or moved to where they should be... after like 30 minutes there is no sign they were ever in the original forum they were in. If a user gets warned or banned, there is no public display of this at all. Really the only moderation you see is if a thread gets locked..

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:58 PM
Indeed. Most Vbulletin sites have a gigantic obvious way to show that someone was banned.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:28 PM
and then look at cobaltss.net ... the lack of proper administration leads to 6 minute page loads, and its vBulletin... i mean who runs a forum site these days and doesn't write their own forum code when it gets large?

Even better... one of css.net founders is now the head moderator on GME's GMDelta.com because conditions has gotten so bad on css.net

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:29 PM
i agree brandon. this place is running rampant, the thread in P&M with pregnant woman bashing is a prime example and is just beyond pathetic.

i think new mods are needed.

cannon shouldnt have to be the only one doing things. i realize dave helps but there are plenty of people that come here every day and have been coming here every day for many years that are deserving of the job. we would benefit from a few more mods for sure.

Don't know what ya got til they take it away...
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:39 PM
Wait, things haved changed? Did I miss something?

Nope, not really.

Same Sh*t, different people.....

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:56 PM
yeah, im still here... when i can be. my old computer died about a month ago and i just finally bought a new laptop the other day, so im back. i did some things via my moto droid, but it was a pain in the ass trying to moderate via cell phone. i honestly don't know what happened to the other full mods lately. i do want to thank the members who report spammers and any threads that are getting out of line, as i don't really have the time each day to read as much as i used to on here. i don't see everything though, so if you see a problem, report it and you won't have to complain about how out of hand it is here. step up and support the site that has supported you all these years. i wouldn't mind seeing some more moderators added to keep the peace though.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:16 PM
tony, sounds great and all but there is nobody on here that can stand a neutral ground lol. its all about one against another...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:22 PM
i wanna be a mod for my region. ! lol

Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:40 AM
azncav wrote:i wanna be a mod for my region. ! lol

Truth!

Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:26 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:How many people on here actually get a ban for anything aside from having two accounts or being a spammer or scammer?

I have. Many times, and for none of the reasons you have listed

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:04 AM
J03Y wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:How many people on here actually get a ban for anything aside from having two accounts or being a spammer or scammer?

I have. Many times, and for none of the reasons you have listed

Same here.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:27 PM
I haven't had time lately with work but now should have more time. I did just spend the last 10 minutes cleaning the general forum some more, there are more than 1 section folks.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:46 PM
i wont mind helpin since im on here EVERYDAY

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:02 PM
i have just PMed Dave about what is going on here...

hopefully the status quo will return here...

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:25 PM
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:47 PM
bradsk88 wrote:USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

ORLY?

Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:48 PM
bradsk88 wrote:USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

huh

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search