Are there any moderators on this forum??? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Are there and moderators on this forum???
Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:00 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:How many people on here actually get a ban for anything aside from having two accounts or being a spammer or scammer?

I was banned for having a signature that was too large after an argument with Tony. Then warned once for posting a link to something Ive been here 4.5 years, so thats not too bad lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing the performance area cleaned up more, I hate seeing stupid posts that have nothing to do with anything performance in there. Other than that, I don't care about the fights on here, I read em and laugh. Its a great way to waste time while working.

Friday, May 14, 2010 10:05 AM
bradsk88 wrote:USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

not really... if a mod did that, you'd see "post last edited on xxxxx" ... nice try though

Friday, May 14, 2010 12:32 PM
EcoCav [@DesertTuners.com wrote:]
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:How many people on here actually get a ban for anything aside from having two accounts or being a spammer or scammer?

I was banned for having a signature that was too large after an argument with Tony. Then warned once for posting a link to something Ive been here 4.5 years, so thats not too bad lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing the performance area cleaned up more, I hate seeing stupid posts that have nothing to do with anything performance in there. Other than that, I don't care about the fights on here, I read em and laugh. Its a great way to waste time while working.

So was I but idc really. Not like I didnt get warned before. I was talking more about permabans.

And I havent been here very long but I am on here about everyday. I could mod something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 14, 2010 12:33 PM

Friday, May 14, 2010 4:08 PM
I am here and post everyday.

I would have to stop being a dickhead though...

Monday, May 17, 2010 5:33 PM
Mike wrote:I am here and post everyday.

you'd have to work at stopping that

=P

Monday, May 17, 2010 5:57 PM
Only warning I received was my mega sig, but I wasn't mad at anyone for that. I was a mental midget with my photoshop and couldn't for the life of me make it fit. They left it up for quite some time, and actually i still haven't figured out how to do it 6 months later, just deleted part of it.

I recommend jeffie, we were talking about this yesterday. Heck I would offer to help in the non summer when work is slower for me. Just moving stuff to the right forums, no official title and banning features, just administrative. This site was a great resource for me to be able to connect back to the world during my two deployments. I practically lived here in my free time learning from shifted et al.

Site rocks, can't help it if all the kids have e muscles and want to be hard core. I know I personally could have been banned with the whole furious thread, I mentioned something to that point on the thread itself. I think the mods here do apply a common sense approach to management of the forums.

Monday, May 17, 2010 6:03 PM
jeffie and i have been talking about it... i talked to dave about it earlier tonight...

Monday, May 17, 2010 6:27 PM
Jeffie for mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:13 PM
I just went premium again so i could post this until complete.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:27 PM
me too ! lol

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:50 PM
I completely agree with needing a little more rule on the forum, i met Dave in Vegas the other night and discussed this with him as well.. (over a few drinks of course)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:07 PM

I would have a hard time with that. Every now and then I just feel like being a dick to someone that deserves it. other times I just feel like being a dick anyways. Kinda surprised I never got a warning for anything.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:14 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Jeffie for mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is a moderator on gmdelta. Dave, the other mods and myself have been talking about who we think would make good moderators, so we should be expanding our ranks soon.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:17 PM
cannon fodder wrote:

he is a moderator on gmdelta. Dave, the other mods and myself have been talking about who we think would make good moderators, so we should be expanding our ranks soon.

nice

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:29 PM
i talked to him about it as well last night...

He was busy last week and will be again this week... so give some patience guys.. .

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:42 PM
cannon fodder wrote:

Ahhhh!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:44 PM

Could be worse-it could be run by old people wit no sense of humor....

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:25 PM

bah, JimmyZ was a mod, and he was the biggest dick on the site. he was a great moderator.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:55 AM
I mean useless posts and @!#$ talking when its not needed. I can cut down on that for sure.

I can be the bezt unbiased dickhead tho...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:11 AM
I think the modorating has calmed down because some of the bitches on here used to complain back in the day of so called "mod nazi's". Now that @!#$ has gone crazy here everybody wants to complain about how this site has gone to @!#$. I agree it has, but can you blame it for going to @!#$? The mods dont give a @!#$ either since people thought they were doing their job too well supposedly. Just sayin.....

Ive been here since Feb of 02 and YES this site has gone to @!#$ for whatever reason. I just ignor it and move on to the next thread. There is no need to keep contributing to a @!#$ up thread imo.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:10 AM
I dont care about being a mod. I just want my stickers. $25ish gone so far....

Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:21 AM
RuggedZ wrote:

bah, JimmyZ was a mod, and he was the biggest dick on the site. he was a great moderator.

I got a 1 day warning or ban or something because I put a fat dude with spiderman body paint in a post of "what do you think people look like" and i said it was jimmyz!

Weebel wrote:Im to smart to go to strip clubs.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:18 AM
Dave wants to stay away from the whole "nazi moderation" that the .org was known for for quite a long time...

we need balanced moderation

Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:14 PM
Kyle for mod then since Jeffie is no bueno.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:58 PM
jeffie is good... probably better so than me... i usually get vocal when things go down... he's more of the silent type... he'll text me his thoughts on something going on here... but 90 % of the time he won't post here about it, where as if i have thoughts on something, i will..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search