Installing an aftermarket tach on a 99 sunfire - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing an aftermarket tach on a 99 sunfire
Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:25 PM
Installation instructions say I should connect to the RPM signal wire and the dash lights. (as well as battery + and ground but i know where those are)
My question is what wire is the RPM signal wire? and which dash light wire?
Thanks guys

Tunned by Innovative Tuning

Re: Installing an aftermarket tach on a 99 sunfire
Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:37 PM
its its a 2200 im pretty sure you need a tach adapter. sunpro makes them for about 30 bucks

z yaaaa wrote:other than the nasty hood dent, steelies, 4X4 ride heidt, crooked front license plate, body color b pillar covers, 2200, lack of tint, and overall boringness of the car id say she's perfect!

Re: Installing an aftermarket tach on a 99 sunfire
Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:01 PM
This thread belongs in the newbie forum...

my 93 LN2 didnt need an adapter....

to the original poster... get a haynes manual or a chiltons from your auto parts store, locate the Engine Electrical diagram and locate the tach signal wire going to the ECM, find out what color it is and in what loom, and spice it.

for your dash lights, you can tap in to your turnsignal/headlight switch. take a test light and test each wire on the 2 plugs till you find one that powers on with the parking lights, and stays on with the head lights and high beams... you can then tap in to that.... i'd run a relay... you should be able to search the audio and electronics forum to find a diagram to wire up a relay...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search