When your car becomes the donor car...... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
When your car becomes the donor car......
Friday, June 18, 2010 12:10 PM
I know my cav is a few years old, but I didn't realize it was a parts car.

And another reason to see how sad it is getting here in MI..........

After a nice wash and a good long drive, I parked the Cav for the night (about 6pm)

I needed to grab something out of my Cobalt about 10pm......parked maybe a few spots away.

While I'm there, a beat up old black F-150 (early 90s, no plate, of course) pulls up behind behind my Cav. 3 young guys get out, all giddy. One says" I think we found the donor car for your sister's car", and whipped some chains from the back of the truck. Granted it was dark, but I figured these people weren't that dumb. Nope. One whips out a key to open the driver's side.

So I walk up...."I see you like my car?" I have the key right here"..as I hold it up.

Without a word, they bust a move back into the truck, taking off in a huge hurry......I ran back inside and called the cops, and filed a report.

Cav spent the rest of the night at my parents house.

Came to find out this morning that I was not the only one who had this "issue". They tried for two other cars that night.

In all the years I've owned Js, never had this happen. Kinda scary too.

Good news at least is the Cav is safe and sound........

Re: When your car becomes the donor car......
Friday, June 18, 2010 12:31 PM
Wow, that's nuts! I take it they didn't see you in the Cobalt. They do seem pretty dumb, but that would be super ballsy to do it in front of someone.

Friday, June 18, 2010 12:32 PM
wow, good catch. Too bad they didn't get caught in the act by the police.

Labrat
Friday, June 18, 2010 2:54 PM
Given the choice between the cavalier and the cobalt, wouldn't you pick the cobalt just because of the fact that part for part they are worth more? I dunno, not a car thief.

f*cking with a mans ride is like banging his sister and gf at the same time, the thought is nice but you just don't do it.

Friday, June 18, 2010 3:19 PM
who the @!#$ thinks about banging their sister? LOL i dunno if that's what you meant, but if so i probably wouldn't share that info on a public forum.

Check out my build thread!

Friday, June 18, 2010 3:54 PM
rbs9009 wrote:like banging his sister and gf at the same time, the thought is nice but you just don't do it.

IDK about that buddy

We don't do that @!#$ here in MI.

Sucks Dave, Maybe everybody got sick of stealing Hondas here haha

Friday, June 18, 2010 6:26 PM
the things people do...kinda sad really.

Friday, June 18, 2010 7:28 PM
Id have stayed quiet and let them hook it up, call the cops and follow them while updating dispatch...they would have been caught in the act and in jail right now.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Friday, June 18, 2010 7:43 PM
Ronin J wrote:Id have stayed quiet and let them hook it up, call the cops and follow them while updating dispatch...they would have been caught in the act and in jail right now.

I thought about it for a second, but realized they would run from the cops and end up totaling me car....

Saturday, June 19, 2010 8:55 PM
Dave Z wrote:
Ronin J wrote:Id have stayed quiet and let them hook it up, call the cops and follow them while updating dispatch...they would have been caught in the act and in jail right now.

I thought about it for a second, but realized they would run from the cops and end up totaling me car....

this is why the babe jesus gave us car insurance.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 12:01 AM
You cant go anywhere these days without trashy people messing it up. Like just a few hours ago i go to walmart and a piece of white trash(im white so this isnt racist) hits on my girlfriend in front of me and i almost ended up fighting him and his three friends.
People just need to respect other people and their stuff or be put in a hospital bed if they dont.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:53 AM
RuggedZ wrote:who the @!#$ thinks about banging their sister? LOL i dunno if that's what you meant, but if so i probably wouldn't share that info on a public forum.

?

If I @!#$ with your car, it would be like banging your sister and your girlfriend at the same time...

Make since now?

At least you saved it, thats a @!#$ ballsy move by them

Sunday, June 20, 2010 10:12 AM
clearly i'm illiterate and can't comprehend a damn thing.

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, June 20, 2010 10:23 AM
Chip Helmick wrote:hits on my girlfriend in front of me and i almost ended up fighting him and his three friends.
People just need to respect other people and their stuff or be put in a hospital bed if they dont.

Lol. Sorry, it just came across as you calling your GF your stuff.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 2:30 PM
i came out once and my tailgate, hood, grille, and both headlights were stolen of my silverado
oh and they broke the sliding back window to get in to pop the hood.

happy you stopped them

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:12 PM
damn dude... that blows.... hope they dont end up finding it..... i hate dumb poor people.... its not that hard to find a "donor" car in a yard.....

Monday, June 21, 2010 1:41 PM
had this happen once to a friend of mine. literally parked the car in front of the house and went to grab a bite to eat inside, no more then ten minutes later we hear a truck and decide to look outside..they were trying to push start the car, seeing how its a stick and they busted the ignition column...couldnt get it before the sound of shots from a nice new 20 gauge rang out in the air.... sent them running...havent had a problem since
Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:56 PM
Dang Dave.
Glad you still have the car.
I'm also surprised the guys trying to steal the car didn't want to fight you and take it anyway.
Be safe bud.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:07 PM
SS-J wrote:
Dave Z wrote:

this is why the babe jesus gave us car insurance.

and the insurance company would give you $1,500 for a car you probably put hundreds of hours fixing up, taking care of and putting parts into.

def not worth getting your car totaled over.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:41 PM
yea i had all my cds stolen out of my car then the next night some dude comes to my house runs from the side door to the front door, dogs going nuts .So i open the door with my govt issuse 45/70 and ask wtf you want ...... he peed his pants lol .
Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:41 PM
Misnblu wrote:Dang Dave.
Glad you still have the car.
I'm also surprised the guys trying to steal the car didn't want to fight you and take it anyway.
Be safe bud.

I'm guessing it was a good thing they didn't. I might not be a big guy, but I was really pissed off (something that doesn't happen very often)

I'm glad I still have the car too....

I'm thinking I'm going to hold up on any mods until we get a new place.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:53 PM
Where you live is more important than what you drive so good luck with that.
I'm in the middle of a move right now and let me tell you, it's not fun.
Keep the shotgun ready and one eye open for the car Dave.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:10 AM
yeah when something like that happens my family or my wife will say...what if they have a gun etc. i would rather die standing up for what i believe in then hide and let stupid people do what they want. i guess its a military thing.

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

*Gone But Not Forgotten*
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe
1972 Chevrolet Camaro
Friday, July 02, 2010 3:36 PM
Damn Dave, glad to hear nothing happened to your or your car. This crap happened to me once, with my Yellow J. Some guy broke into my garage, and my ex wife (was wife at the time) came home from work, and walked in on the guy inside my Cavalier ripping my radio and dvd player out. He had a knife that was fkn huge, but I guess when she walked in on him, it scared him so much he literally ran right past her, and left everything in the car, and got nothing. Then come to find out the police lifted prints off the knife, and my wife was able to identify him in a line up. He was on parolle (SP?) and needless to say got sent back. Even tho he was caught and put in jail, it still didnt help the fact he destroyed my interior. Ahh well, it was bitter sweet, bc he is now being raped in prison (when they caught him he had a gun which is a huge issue in Illinois and ex-cons so he went back for like 10 years or more i cant remember and it was his third time going back, and added all the charges the DA put on him too), but i had to replace the whole top of the dash. Glad to see nothing happened to your car tho again Dave. Keep a eye out on ur car, never know if they may come back, this time with alot more ppl.

Friday, July 02, 2010 10:38 PM
thats @!#$ up...before i started body work on my cimarron...every ass hole tryed to steal it but didnt realize it had the nice 80s limo alarm. it was funny as hell to see the stupid ass people jump out of there skin. my car is rare and all but DONT @!#$ WITH A MANS PRIZED POSSESSION.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3062549

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search