junkyaed find - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
junkyaed find
Monday, June 28, 2010 3:20 PM
so i went to the junkyard today to get a main fuse for my girlfriends probe. As i walked up the hill to go to the ford section there was an ls cavalier sitting there. I checked so see what damage the rear had and there was none. so 50 bucks for the rear i was like sure cant find them as it is in the yards and if i do there are damaged. Well i also found an 04 sunfire sitting in the yard to so i check it out and it still had the entire dash and door panels so i picked those up to for another 50. I think i made a good find for the price it got them for what do you guys think

Re: junkyaed find
Monday, June 28, 2010 10:32 PM
Sweet deals man!

I wish I went to the yards more like I used to

Monday, June 28, 2010 4:15 PM
i go to the pick on pull a few times a month and just roam around lo.
its fun!

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Monday, June 28, 2010 4:36 PM
our pick n pull sucks... there prices are not like it use to be.

Monday, June 28, 2010 4:40 PM
Flaked yea i go to sometimes just to roam never know what i could find that day. usually when i go its for stuff i need the one day i do go and they have the stuff i have been looking for for the pass 6 months

Monday, June 28, 2010 4:52 PM
my last trip to pick n pull was only suppose to be for a rear window for my vert. came out with a whole front end conversion for it lol

Monday, June 28, 2010 5:21 PM
100 bucks? how could you go wrong?

Monday, June 28, 2010 5:52 PM
i try to hit the pick and pulls a few times a month as well. most of them around here have alot of stuff but unfortunately i can never find lss's, which i desperately want to find.

although today i was just roamin thru real quick to see if i could find a mid 90's caddy for the front strut bar, and i found one with the engine already pulled and the bar just layin there. love it when i don't even have to do any work.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:27 PM
i went to the j/y last week and picked up a dash pad, and the bezel around the guages and a power window switch, all for $5.00 !!!!! AWESOME. Im going back tomorrow.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:20 AM
Good find for sure!

About 6 months ago, on one of my trips to the local yard, I found an 04 sunfire that must have just been brought in recently, seeing how untouched it was..Well I popped the hood, saw the motor (and pretty much everything in the engine bay) was completely intact, so I went home with a $80 Ecotec that day!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:33 PM
Great, now you guys are gonna have me walking through junkyards on my days off, thanks!! LMAO. Maybe ill get lucky and find a eco for 80 bucks too lol

Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:25 AM
yeah i live in cali but every now and again i come here to texas to visit my parents. there are about 30 junk yards in this state and it seems they are endless if i need a screw i will make a trip down here just for that. i went to some junk yards in California and never even saw one cavalier haha. the ones here are great and there prices are amazing. For some reason no matter how many times i go i have to grab the HVAC knobs. i have no idea why i have so many but its so easy to customize them. well good luck with the stuff you picked up.

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

*Gone But Not Forgotten*
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe
1972 Chevrolet Camaro
Friday, July 02, 2010 8:57 PM
A friend of mine Told me today abt a yard near me with a vert. Gonna Prolly go tmo and check it out and see how the seals look lol

Friday, July 02, 2010 9:13 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:A friend of mine Told me today abt a yard near me with a vert. Gonna Prolly go tmo and check it out and see how the seals look lol

if i see some seals again ill pull them... for a good price lol... no really.

Friday, July 02, 2010 9:17 PM
azncav wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:A friend of mine Told me today abt a yard near me with a vert. Gonna Prolly go tmo and check it out and see how the seals look lol

if i see some seals again ill pull them... for a good price lol... no really.

Lol that's fine bc I need two sets, one for my vert and one for my girls vert. But yeah let me know!

Friday, July 02, 2010 9:34 PM
its like a dollar a foot for rubber molding ... never mention your buying verts parts at pick n pull they will rape you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 02, 2010 9:34 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search