lets talk gas mileage... - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: lets talk gas mileage...
Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:18 PM
My Dad gets 34-37 with the 02 ls sport with K&N CAI with 100k on it, and also only got 32-33 in the 04 ls sport running same daily commute.
Mine went up a tad in my 01 z24. I get like 25-27 but i run aroudn town and love to floor it alot,lol

"A goal without a plan is just a wish"

Saturday, August 07, 2010 8:20 PM
i went back to stock and drastically increased my mileage.

Sunday, August 08, 2010 12:02 PM
I have an 04 lss coupe and I'm getting an average of 33 mpg. I get 42 mpg on the highway. The only performance mod I have is a drop in K&N. I have stock wheels that I keep inflated high, and when I decide to drive for gas milage I drive 60 mph with the cruise.

Monday, August 09, 2010 5:48 PM
Wow, I am really surprised that I am getting right around the same gas mileage as all you guys considering the Vibe is significantly heavier than your J-Bodies. My best so far was 33.9 mpg; all interstate driving, doing 5 over the speed limit, some lugguage in the cargo area, windows halfway down, 89 octane gas from Citgo (89 is the lowest grade at the local station I always fill up at). I made it from Sandwich, Illinois to the Wisconsin Dells and back on one tank of gas. The low fuel light came on four miles from the gas station. This was back in May. The only mod is a K&N cold air intake with an AEM Dry Flow air filter. The Vibe has 18" wheels with 215/45/18 tires inflated to 32 psi all around (I check them on a weekly basis).

I average 28-29 mpg daily driving with 50% highway / 50% city. I saw a 1-2 mpg increase (conservative estimate) after adding the intake and filter which satisfies me greatly, especially for the 2.4L automatic.

As someone else said, an intake will help you gain a couple mpgs, but only if you drive conservatively and don't go around stomping on the gas.

Also, you guys may want to check out MPG Tune. It's a great place to keep track of your gas mileage.

Monday, August 09, 2010 7:31 PM
I just drove from vancouver bc to toronto ontario and i was getting 5.7L/100km on the highway (40+mpg) and that was with a full trunk and back seat (i moved back home from bc). Just a stock car, stock intake, just was easy on the pedal
oh the car is a 2003 Z24 (5spd) with 78000km on it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search