Should I buy this Z? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Should I buy this Z?
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:58 PM
Its a 1992, Quasar Blue, V6 obviously, shocks/struts are still good, has a GM strut bar, 5 speed, and best of all, its $50. Now, the bad: Two flat tires, some rust on the body, been sitting a while, has no battery, hood is getting the usual paint problem I see on all Gen 2 Z's (where the paint starts fading from one spot and then sort of grows outward), and needs some coaxing and probably WD-40 to make it close properly. I really like Gen 2s, though. They're a pretty simple vehicle, bulletproof, cheap to mod with simple, effective upgrades, and IMO, they look damn good in Z24 trim. Did I mention the low mileage considering its old enough you could take pictures of it naked? Only 172,000 kms (almost 107,000 miles for the americans).

I want this car, but every logical fibre of my body is screaming "DON'T DO IT!". Even if I buy it and its a dead end, I would work on it and get it going and make it work eventually. It could be so easy to bring it to where I would want it (restored stock body, 3rd gen cav seats, leather wrapped shift knob, and maybe an aftermarket steering wheel would get exactly what I want out of it.).

2010 Honda Fit LX

Re: Should I buy this Z?
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 8:04 PM
I say do it, 50 bucks wont kill you. Worse case senario, you can mke the money back from scrapping it. Post up some pics!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:31 AM
what else were you planning with that 50 bux? i'd do it in a second
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:26 AM
AAaand its mine! Thank you both for the encouragement. I'm quite happy about the purchase right now. Pix on Saturday in the P&M section!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:03 PM
dude u can scrap it for like 150 lol get it

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:33 PM
Snotty Marc wrote:AAaand its mine! Thank you both for the encouragement. I'm quite happy about the purchase right now. Pix on Saturday in the P&M section!

Now you can change ur sig quote to

That guy on a J forum, Finally driving a J

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:17 PM
Good point! Done.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:13 PM
Are you crazy? I would've bought it on the spot! Salvage here in the states is over $200 so no possible way to go wrong. Good luck in your efforts to get it running, if not, good luck with the savage man/girl. I say girl because I salvaged a truck, and the person I dealt with happened to be a girl, She offered me $150, I passed, called back a year or so later, another girl offers me $250, I said come get it. Kinda wish I still had it now, Good truck all around, needed a left quarter panel, and a trans. Have the money now to fix it if I had it, so be confident when, and if you decide to sell it. You may regret it it one day!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search