Who has bought something from Racetronix? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who has bought something from Racetronix?
Friday, October 01, 2010 6:31 AM
I know there are few of you. Since they are from Canada, have any of you who has bought something from them got hit with a fee from Fedex? Well I just got hit with a 60.00 fee from Fedex and I just want to make sure it is because I bought from Racetronix and not fraud on my account. I know about border fees, but DAMN 60.00??? for a harness that was exactly that price? @!#$ rediculous.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Re: Who has bought something from Racetronix?
Friday, October 01, 2010 6:48 AM
I dont recall any extra charges when I ordered from them. Not sure how Fed Ex can tack on a fee without your permission.

Friday, October 01, 2010 6:51 AM
Yea I dont see how they can do that either. I have an email out to racetronix to see if they shipped via fedex to me, I honestly do not remember how they shipped to me way back in Febuary. Clyde do you remember who Racetronix used to ship to you?

306 TQ
Friday, October 01, 2010 7:04 AM
I got their pump and harness in my cav, I didn't get charged any fee's like that....I don't know who was the shipping company either, sorry.

Friday, October 01, 2010 7:27 AM
So it was shipped in February and they just now hit you with a fee?? I would call BS on Fed EX and contact your credit card company. that seems like fraud to me.

I do not recall how mine was shipped, its been several years (before the first write up even showed up on this forum). I still have the harness but the pump went to someone else and then to someone else again.

Friday, October 01, 2010 7:47 AM
Oh ok, thanks guys.

Clyde I didnt know it has been that long for you. Yea, im about to dispute this.

306 TQ
Friday, October 01, 2010 8:09 AM
I bought from them and only had my shipping charge from Racetronix nothing extra.

FU Tuning

Friday, October 01, 2010 8:15 AM
When I ordered my injectors from them I did not get a surcharge. I did get a surcharge on the GP I did for the oversize crank pullies a couple of years ago

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Friday, October 01, 2010 8:20 AM
Jason I got that surcharge when I ordered my cold air intake from Induction Dynamics in Canada yeaaars ago. I ordered the AFPR adapter from ID as well 2 years ago I think and I got no surcharge, wtf.. I will be disputing this soon as I hear back from racetronix.

I called fedex and they cant help me unless I have an invoice number or tracking. WTF I ordered it in FEBUARY you dumbass, do you really think I have that information???? She pissed me off lol

306 TQ
Friday, October 01, 2010 11:10 AM
A lil update; Racetronix wrote me back and they said they do NOT ship Fedex. So GREAT, I just called Fedex back and they did reverse the transaction thank God. They said it was for shipping something from there to Delaware or NJ!! Sooo, looks like someone has my card number or someone switched up some digits and entered my info.. Bout to call the bank to see what I should do, just in case someone has my card number.

306 TQ
Friday, October 01, 2010 11:43 AM
I never installed it in my car. I ended up selling it to a fellow club member and he has since sold it to another club member. It looked like a decent option and when I eventually rebuild I will probably pic one up for myself.

Hope you get everything worked out with the bank.

Friday, October 01, 2010 5:51 PM
Thanks Clyde, yup got everything worked out. They had to cancel my debit card and will issue me a new one with new numbers, in the mean time my money is being refunded.

306 TQ
Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:09 AM
Sweet...I am glad the problem was solved

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:38 AM
I didnt get any surcharges when i ordered mine a year or so ago. Also, im all the way in phoenix so if anything i would have been more likely to get some kind of crazy charge for the distance.

I would definitely dispute that if i were you.

Eat my shift
Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:07 PM
No surcharge here either. Glad it worked out David.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, October 03, 2010 6:55 PM
Ha! I mean, it sucks yes, but that's what we Canadians have to deal with just about every time we order a part online. Trust me, theres a whole lot less Canadian websites than American ones, so we're always stuck paying duties and brokerage fees. Consider yourselves lucky that you have the majority of online retailers in your own country.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:24 AM
damn i thought i was going to make me some money off yoru card david, guess i'll throw away these numbers. lol glad you got it all worked out and it was only 60 bucks. i remember when paul got hit for like 17 grand. that fraud @!#$ is no joke.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:41 AM
When I want something from racetronix, I will make the 10 minute drive from my place
Happy you are getting it worked out buddy.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:26 AM
Lol Jason that was YOU???? haha

Yea My bank refunded me immediately, in the mean time waiting on Fedex to give me my money back. Then the bank will take its 60 bux back out.

Their that close Darren? dang lol

306 TQ
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:20 PM
Yup, I can walk there from my buddies shop where we do alot of our work. lol
Thats what he did, hell, he even set up an account with them for his shop, he did the same with bully, except we cant walk to Ottawa from here. lol

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:21 AM
I bought my fuel pump from one of their distributors last Spring. Pretty sure when I called Racetronix, they told me they don't sell directly to the public(?) Basically, I had to find a distributor in the U.S. and almost nobody had the F-body pump in stock. After a bunch of phone calls, I finally found one person who had it.

Monday, October 11, 2010 8:35 AM
I got mine right off the website

Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:08 PM
no fee for me an mine never came fedex mine came purolator i think or was it UPS wasn't fedex

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:08 AM
Yea this wasn't even related to Racetronix, some low life ass people got a hold of my number somehow and used it AT fedex to ship something.

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search