DE FACTO Black Boxes. - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: DE FACTO Black Boxes.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:32 PM
Personally I think the idea of having car problems transmitted to the Fed is wrong...incredibly wrong. What's next? Camera's in my rear view so they can see whether or not i'm partying in the backseat, so three days later a charge for public nudity is issued?
This is outrageous. Having my car report to the Feds is ridculous. The idea of a radio transmitter in my car is a wonderful idea...but not for the purposes of Government. For personal pruposes (Uploading music via wifi to an onboard hardrive while the car sits in my driveway, the ability to have my car email me what's wrong when the engine pulls a code, etc.) The use of RF in vehicles for the BENEFIT of the OWNER of the vehicle is a FABULOUS idea. The use of RF to burn said owner is infrigement on my privacy.

All GM vehicles are equppied with OnStar for the first year. It has the ability to Unlock your doors, alert authorities in time of accident, and shut the vehicle down in case of theft....personally that's ALL an RF transmitter in the car should do. When cars start snitching on their owners, the used car industry will BOOM, as people will flock to aquire vehicles that won't tell the government what goes on in their automobile. The ONLY way I like the idea of RF is if it's capable of being turned on or off.

I mean if you want locatability in case of an accident, put a GPS Tracker on the car. Even the cheap ones are good within 50 ft.

The government has access to my computer (Yes, the government CAN and DOES watch your computer via internet. Not actively, but certain "Triggers" enter your IP into databases)
The government has access to my phone....we all know that. Advice...if you phone clicks, beeps, or makes subtle static, as the other person if they heard it. The tap usually will only register on one end.
The government has access to my bank account. YES! With court order the govmt can freeze your assets, and can pull money from your account without consent to "Pay due bills like back taxes and such"
The Government now has access to my MEDICAL CARE...if it's too costly to taxpayers to keep you alive, the government can decide whether or not to deny or allow life support
The government has access to my home! Honestly...how hard is it to get a warrant? And Federal Marshalls do not require a warrant

and now the government wants my car too?
If we keep moving towards a big brother rule....I'm immigrating.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search