Ahh...full circle (a question thread) - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ahh...full circle (a question thread)
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:03 PM
You never really know when you might have your last J.....

Anyways, with the Balt about paid for (thank god), my interest in getting something else is high. I'm really needing a 4dr something (two 2dr cars are a pain with a kid). And for the first time, I don't want a new car. Or even a pricer used one. So, I've been considering an old standby (I've had at least one for the last 15 years now), another Cavalier...sedan.

So my question is, what would be a good price for a 2000+ (swinging more toward 03-05) one? a few grand? maybe around five? I know all about the Kbb, but prices are all over the place at the moment. (and I do mean all). I'm currently doing all the update work on the wife's 03, since we plan on keeping hers. (She'd rather have that payment money for other stuff). And unless the cav I find is pristine, I'm sure there will be some work there too...(good thing to know the platform, I guess) That, and being able to pay for most/all your car in cash is a good thing too....

I'm curious to see what sedans are running you guys (or gals) locally....thanks!

Re: Ahh...full circle (a question thread)
Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:13 AM
I picked up an 03 5-speed sedan for $1000 last year... had all sorts of issues, like a trashed interior that smelled like a fast food dumpster, a trunk full of kitty litter, and needed a new cluster and some other controls... but all easily fixable!!

Put some factory alloy wheels on it, Sunfire seats, 03 Z24 bumpers... looks mint now.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:35 AM
John Lenko wrote:I picked up an 03 5-speed sedan for $1000 last year... had all sorts of issues, like a trashed interior that smelled like a fast food dumpster, a trunk full of kitty litter, and needed a new cluster and some other controls... but all easily fixable!!

Put some factory alloy wheels on it, Sunfire seats, 03 Z24 bumpers... looks mint now.

Nice! That is a good price...I figure if I can find a rust free (or close) in good running shape, I'd be good....

Monday, November 15, 2010 10:21 AM
They're everywhere so you should have a good selection in many price ranges for you to choose from.
Good luck Dave.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, November 15, 2010 4:00 PM
Yeah, i paid 5500 for mine a couple years ago with low mileage, so it shouldn't be too unreasonable for you to find one in good shape.

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:06 PM
Misnblu wrote:They're everywhere so you should have a good selection in many price ranges for you to choose from.
Good luck Dave.

True....rust free might be an issue though...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search