Tackiest things to do to your car? - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tackiest things to do to your car?
Monday, November 15, 2010 5:16 PM
z yaaaa wrote:definitely mismatching engine bays as far as colors go and those ridiculous wire looms...

trends: stretching tires, decals all over, stupid roof racks, and rusted hoods are some of my pet peeves.

So... VWs?

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.

Monday, November 15, 2010 6:54 PM
Airgazm wrote:Red painted brake drums, tacky chrome wheels on sport compacts who wish they were chrysler 300s, dealer rice, and painted interior trim that doesn't match anything else on the car. Thats my tip of the iceberg...remember, if you want a nice looking car...3 easy steps: 1. lower. 2. add wheels. 3. Tint those windows...done.

if there was anything that i've ever agreed with, let it be

THIS

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:09 PM
yeahidriveacavalier wrote:100 dollars worth of auto zone "custom" parts

Yes!

Monday, November 15, 2010 11:32 PM
Anything done crappy looks tacky. Everyone has there own taste. I personally still like body kits, nice thought out wings that work with the rest of the car. Nice wheels, nice drop, and nice supporting mods. Interior paint can come out nice if done right. My girls car I painted the interior, and she doesn't want the smooth look, but she wanted the texture look. She loves it. I, on the other hand, when I paint my interior, want the smooth glassy look, but thats me. So its really all in what you want to do. I dont mind tacky mods if done right, including the underglow. If hidden right, they look great. But then again thats my opinion.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:24 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Anything done crappy looks tacky. Everyone has there own taste. I personally still like body kits, nice thought out wings that work with the rest of the car. Nice wheels, nice drop, and nice supporting mods. Interior paint can come out nice if done right. My girls car I painted the interior, and she doesn't want the smooth look, but she wanted the texture look. She loves it. I, on the other hand, when I paint my interior, want the smooth glassy look, but thats me. So its really all in what you want to do. I dont mind tacky mods if done right, including the underglow. If hidden right, they look great. But then again thats my opinion.

I can agree with this.
I personally couldnt think of having any kind of glow UNDER my car, but i have an LED blacklight bar hidden in in the crack between my rear window, and my headliner, and it only lights up the back seat. Looks pretty intense, if i have to admit.

Then again; depending on your personality; you can get away with cheesy things, and have people give a genuine giggle; Like me.
I have a German Europlate in my front window that says "Domestic", with the O with the dots.
unless people know me, it probably looks retarded; but all of my buddies laugh their asses off.

same reason i have a 'JDM drift charm' (Since that's what they're calling them) hanging from my back bumper.
Probably makes me looked riced as hell; but again, friends laugh, and that's all that matters. If you have the bay/ interior, to knock people off their asses; you can get away with the stupid things.
That's just how i look at it; though.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:45 PM
Exactly. If done right, hidden well, and used for shows, there fine. I have been tossing the idea of the underglows on my car. But unless im in a show, they would never be on. Im not one for driving with them on. Certain times and such call for them. I know I want my vert to be show and some go. So Ill take the car in the direction I want. I know alot of people wont like it, but its my car. Reguardless if they like it or not, its still going to be mine, not theirs. Thats why im telling the OP to do as he wishes. Some people hate body kits, I love them, I love the way they can look good on ur car. I dont like the stupid looking boxed off style of the Evo kit and such, but the type J's, Streetfire kit, and The Bomex kits I have always loved. And will continue to do so. So do what you feel is right. Ur not going to have everyone love your car, but as long as you do, thats all that matters. I know Im going to piss off a few people when Im done with my car, but oh well, im driving it, not them, and Im happy thats all that matters.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:27 PM
I hate these threads. Do whatever makes you happy. Theres stuff that I hate that everyone else likes. Whatever. I do what I want to my car because Im funding it and driving it. I could give a flying @!#$ less what anyone thinks. I mean hell I have the word Turner Reunion on my hood. No one understands it but it makes me happy so its stays.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:40 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I hate these threads. Do whatever makes you happy. Theres stuff that I hate that everyone else likes. Whatever. I do what I want to my car because Im funding it and driving it. I could give a flying @!#$ less what anyone thinks. I mean hell I have the word Turner Reunion on my hood. No one understands it but it makes me happy so its stays.

i've been wondering about this.
what on earth does it mean?

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:45 PM
Basically, at the Bash, the desk at the hotel people were asking if people if they were with the Turner Bash, which turned into the Turner Reunion which ended up on the hood I just got along with about 35 other stickers one morning. I took the rest off one day but left it because I liked the colors and the hood will need painted anyways.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:05 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Basically, at the Bash, the desk at the hotel people were asking if people if they were with the Turner Bash, which turned into the Turner Reunion which ended up on the hood I just got along with about 35 other stickers one morning. I took the rest off one day but left it because I liked the colors and the hood will need painted anyways.

For the longest time, I always wondered wtf that ment!! LOL. Now it makes all the sense in the world!!!!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:03 AM
My friend had/has underglow on his SS and we all went to the drive-in one night and he turned it on and all these little kids surrounded his car totally mesmerized by it. lol. It looked alright - I didn't hate on him about it, cause he did a good job hiding it, but I'm still not a fan of underglow.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:22 AM
Bitches cant top the LED in my cupholder. Lights up my bottles all neat like. Hahaha.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:56 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Bitches cant top the LED in my cupholder. Lights up my bottles all neat like. Hahaha.

Friend has those... along side "curtesey lights" on the bottom of the door panel. Those look pretty sweet i wont lie, individual LEDs, evenly spaced.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:03 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Bitches cant top the LED in my cupholder. Lights up my bottles all neat like. Hahaha.

Oh snap.

Photos of this? i'd like to try my hand at it.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:34 PM
No photos. I might go out tonight when it gets dark. Its not as bright as Id like. Bought the wrong resistors. I just did it because I got a new soldering iron. Buhahaha.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:48 PM
yeahidriveacavalier wrote:the big" wale tail" wings

agreed ,one of the stupidest things to put on a front wheel drive
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:30 PM
chad walters wrote:
yeahidriveacavalier wrote:the big" wale tail" wings

agreed ,one of the stupidest things to put on a front wheel drive

seriously, why u mad tho?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:01 PM
As underglow goes, i've got the typical blue leds under the dash to light up the driver and passenger side foot wells, and i've got a home-made underglow kit in the front bumper. And i downed on the cheesyness of it by not having it plugged into the cigarette lighter like i've seen many cars done in the past. Both are hooked up to individual switches. Well, the one in the dash came with a switch and i hooked the outside to a toggle in between my shifter and cup holders. Mainly so i can have the interior on w/o the exterior and vise versa.

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:36 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:

Friend has those... along side "curtesey lights" on the bottom of the door panel. Those look pretty sweet i wont lie, individual LEDs, evenly spaced.

Hmm, I may try this courtesy lights on my vert. Since the interior lights dont light up crap since I dont have the Alien in my roof. But if I do, I would only do them to turn on when I hit the key fob/door opens, and fade out like the interior lights do. No need to drive around with them on. Altho, im seriously thinking about doing the underglow, but Im not sure what color would go good with white. I know pretty much any color, but I really wanna tie it in with the rest of the car/scheme. Again, not to drive around with, but if/when I put it into shows.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:56 PM
for me .. the white wheels i had and just sold lol

Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:45 PM
I liked the Rotas. Wish I had a set.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:51 PM
Tackiest thing anyone could do to their J is put an Eco in it...if its factory its ok...Swapping LD9 for Eco should be punishable by death imo

Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:54 PM
Inb4angrypeople.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:39 PM
yeah ur right, swapping out a cast iron ancient engine for an all aluminum one makes no sense at all. oh wait, the ld9 has ten more hp!

seriously though, i don't understand that swap either.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:50 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Inb4angrypeople.

sold them for 220.. could have been yours lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search