need your opinion - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need your opinion
Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:29 AM
Hey guys need you opinion on this issue. My friend blew his engine on his 97 z24 about 4 months ago. This was the 2nd engine on the car. Car has about 120k miles on the body. He bought it with less than 90k about two years back. the car has been sitting at his moms and he recently purchased another car. he wants to sell it and since i own two cavaliers he asked me if i wanted to buy it. I have a spare eco engine sitting in my yard with 73 k miles and have evrything to do an eco swap, minus the trans, on my 00 cavy.
If he sells it, it would be for about $500. The body is not in a rough shape except for a dent on the trunk. Suspesion and brakes will need to be revised before being drivable again. The car did have a few problems with the wiring. power windows are not working nor does sunroof. interior is ok and it has the 4sp auto
Would you buy for $500 knowing that it would need engine and maybe another $3-500 to make it street drivable.
I would love it as a project and would totally get my hands on it but on the other hand I would rather spend the money on the srt4.
I guess the big question would be should I buy it as a long term project? He is willing to take payments on it.
any input will be appreciated! thanks!

03 cav
5 speed sedan

Re: need your opinion
Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:31 AM
If the interior and body are in really good shape with no rust, offer him a few hundred bucks.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search