Anyone know this guy?????? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone know this guy??????
Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:47 PM
Click for car add

I saw this today. Looks like decent car, BUT has some issues with it. And for a base model he seems to be asking WAY too much. I mean, 6g's for a base model with decent amount of add ons, but nothing really major other then body work. It seems a little over priced for a show car. I mean dont get me wrong, if this guy is on here, then hey, go for it buddy, but keep this in mind, when I sold my Yellow Ls Sport more modified then that (Except paint that btw does not contuniue into the engine bay) I only got 4800 for my car, and I had only 31000 on it, and it was only 6 years old and had all the options. Goodluck with the sale tho, but IMO ur not going to get near that price. And ur asking this for a car thats 10, about to be 11, years old. Goodluck either way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:48 PM

Re: Anyone know this guy??????
Friday, December 17, 2010 2:51 PM
dont know him, but that car is gross looking.

Friday, December 17, 2010 2:55 PM
Paint color isnt too bad, I kinda like it, and he did almost a good job, if he would have continued under the hood in the engine bay. But there u can see the car use to be silver. Then he covered over the taillights, so im not even sure if the car is street legal anymore lol. Either way he wont get near that for his car.

Friday, December 17, 2010 3:11 PM
Yah the no lights on the rear is silly if you ask me. Interior could use some work, you can see a bondo fix on the pass side skirt, paint peeling/chipped on the front bumper, whats with the logo on the fenders? I do like the paint scheme though. If the wheels were matched it would look a whole lot better. For 6000? Yah I dont think so

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, December 17, 2010 3:32 PM
^^ Yeah I noticed all that too, thats why I posted it. Meh, I wish him all the luck, but the no tail lights are just stupid. IMO anyways. Not a bad car to start with, but just way too much.

Friday, December 17, 2010 3:36 PM
Professionally rattle canned interior.........

Friday, December 17, 2010 4:15 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Professionally rattle canned interior.........

Custom blue wire loom...
Friday, December 17, 2010 9:17 PM
it actually could be alot worse.

Friday, December 17, 2010 10:36 PM
blucavvy wrote:it actually could be alot worse.

Yeah like some cars on this board................................................... Not saying, just saying. This guy seems like he put a decent amount of work into it. But some things just dont make sense, like the tail lights lol.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:29 AM
onecleancavy wrote:Yah the no lights on the rear is silly if you ask me. Interior could use some work, you can see a bondo fix on the pass side skirt, paint peeling/chipped on the front bumper, whats with the logo on the fenders? I do like the paint scheme though. If the wheels were matched it would look a whole lot better. For 6000? Yah I dont think so

Shaved handles were also poorly done. You can see the paint cracking around where the passenger side handle was.

Overall its not bad looking, but the tails are stupid and he won't get what hes asking unless he bumps into a kid with too much money for his own good (if there is such thing).
Sunday, December 19, 2010 1:12 PM
onecleancavy wrote:Yah the no lights on the rear is silly if you ask me. Interior could use some work, you can see a bondo fix on the pass side skirt, paint peeling/chipped on the front bumper, whats with the logo on the fenders? I do like the paint scheme though. If the wheels were matched it would look a whole lot better. For 6000? Yah I dont think so

It's one of the rare "DUB Edition" cavs

I really don't understand why he needs to post 7 photos of the passenger side of the vehicle. No one is impressed with lambo door conversions.

I have no signiture

Sunday, December 19, 2010 6:29 PM
looks like its got the mms lambo door kit and its already blown out the drivers side shock like usual

Monday, December 20, 2010 3:32 AM
No i don't know this guy but i am planning to purchase this car..
Monday, December 20, 2010 5:57 PM
Freemen David wrote:No i don't know this guy but i am planning to purchase this car..

Well, sorry to hear, and goodluck with the expert bondo job lasting But on a serious note, take the engine out, paint the rest of the bay, and put a better motor in there.

Monday, December 20, 2010 6:36 PM
i have seen this car before around gurnee il.

looked ok from a distance.

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:10 AM
I didnt even get that much for my 2003 with 45k on it with the motor all done .... glwts tho

2003 2.2 ecotec turbo 250 whp 247tq
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:17 AM
i like the type J kit, i believe thats all.

How many people are going to buy a car with no tail lights?

slim to none.

Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:43 AM
Does all that work on the exterior and lambo doors, paint, etc, but does nothing with the interior, has cheap ass floor mats, and blue wire loom under the hood? What a waste. The no tail lights thing is retarded as well. Great way to get stopped. Even if he was selling it as a "show car", the interior and engine would have to be completely redone to even look impressive or "show" worthy. Plus, nothing screams cheap like the big "Apc" logo on the seats . . .
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:44 PM
Wow, I didnt even notice the damn chunk of door thats litereally about to fall off where he shaved the handles. Wow. No wonder those pics were taking when kids were still riding bikes, and people could put the tops down on there cars lol. Either way, it will still need quite a bit of work to get it up to a decent show car. I mean dont get me wrong, this would be a decent start for someone to jump into and do it the right way, but it looks like there were wayyy to many shortcuts taken here that will need to be redone.

Edit: One that that really is driving me nuts is this, where the hell are the tail lights. Its obvious he shaved them, so what the hell is he using for tail/turn lights in the damn rear????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:45 PM

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:47 PM
I'd love to trade my cav fir a Beamer too lol
Sunday, December 26, 2010 9:01 PM
No i don't know this guy but i am planning to purchase this car..

auto repair minneapolis

Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:39 PM
Freemen David wrote:No i don't know this guy but i am planning to purchase this car..

auto repair minneapolis

You posted that already. Are you seriously gonna buy it?? And if you are, I really REALLY hope your not gonna pay that much.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:15 PM
Anyone have pics of the car, the ad is gone :-(

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:48 PM
Torres @ UGC Media wrote:Anyone have pics of the car, the ad is gone :-(

Not the same car...but imagine this with lambo doors and you get the gist of it

I have no signiture
Saturday, January 15, 2011 8:15 PM
^LMAO

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search