Snow Drifting - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Snow Drifting
Friday, January 07, 2011 3:28 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:
Andrew Soucy wrote:Damn, never thought I'd see that much hate over a little parking lot sliding.

I'm not too worried about damaging anything in my car, as the fastest I've ever even gotten my car to go was barely over 20, and I've got a reserve account in my bank specifically for car parts that I stocked up over the summer.

I'm a little surprised at how quickly some of you got freaked out by the idea of snow drifting though. It's really not that bad for the car as long as it's done properly, (I.E. not ripping the E-brake and seeing how far you can slide) and up here in Maine, there's really not much else to do involving cars, especially during winter.

SHOoff, you definitely can drift a FWD car, especially in snow. It's an entirely different technique and style than RWD or AWD drifting, and probably better named, as people above said, as ass dragging, but it's drifting nonetheless. It's really easy with a car as light as a Cavalier, too.

And to Transporter, awesome video, and I want your driveway.

You'd be amazed with the amount of hate people spew here with anything. Power sliding or whatever else in the winter is fun. As long as you are doing it away from people and property, I don't see the issue. But, 'OH MY GOD, IT'S A CAVALIER', you son of a bitch. How dare you talk about having fun in your J-Body on a J-Body site . Note, you didn't even say you were drifting on the street, but right away, you're evil, you're illegal, you're a ricer . . . Gets old real quick . . .

I don't know. Maybe I've just grown out of the car forum phase which is why I never post anymore, lol.

Woah woah, its funny how you guys are saying there is so much hate in this thread. Only one person said anything negative towards this guy. I mearly said it will be funny when he posts the "I bent my INSERT PART NAME HERE" thread because he was trying to "drift" Im not hating on him for doing it, its his car, go for it. Also I said that I would never do it in a car that I actually cared about. Some people like doing it, some dont, its the same as street racing. 90% of us have done it, and grew up and realized its not worth our car or DL. Either way, Im not hating on the guy, he is gonna do it reguardless. Just dont post topics that you guys may catch heat on, and your feelings wont get hurt on the Interwebz

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:07 PM
I work in a business park with a ton of curvy roads going to work. Makes for fun times in the winter.

I like the "I care about my car too much" responses

Good fer youuuuu

Friday, January 07, 2011 4:12 PM
I can't believe this thread is still ongoing

Friday, January 07, 2011 9:59 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
Woah woah, its funny how you guys are saying there is so much hate in this thread. Only one person said anything negative towards this guy. I mearly said it will be funny when he posts the "I bent my INSERT PART NAME HERE" thread because he was trying to "drift" Im not hating on him for doing it, its his car, go for it. Also I said that I would never do it in a car that I actually cared about. Some people like doing it, some dont, its the same as street racing. 90% of us have done it, and grew up and realized its not worth our car or DL. Either way, Im not hating on the guy, he is gonna do it reguardless. Just dont post topics that you guys may catch heat on, and your feelings wont get hurt on the Interwebz

No offense, but I counted four negative remarks on the first page, and my feelings aren't hurt from a few people hating something I do. Not the first time. Plus, I've read a lot of the negative responses people give on here already, so I expected some comments like that anyway. I was just surprised at the two on the first page who immediately freaked out, considering it's relatively harmless to the car (assuming there's a hefty amount of loose snow, and you're in control enough to keep the car away from objects).

The ricer comment was kind of funny though.

Has anyone been having a good amount of snow in their area, though? My area hasn't had snow on the roads in forever now. We're almost down to grass...
Saturday, January 08, 2011 1:05 AM
Andrew Soucy wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:

No offense, but I counted four negative remarks on the first page, and my feelings aren't hurt from a few people hating something I do. Not the first time. Plus, I've read a lot of the negative responses people give on here already, so I expected some comments like that anyway. I was just surprised at the two on the first page who immediately freaked out, considering it's relatively harmless to the car (assuming there's a hefty amount of loose snow, and you're in control enough to keep the car away from objects).

The ricer comment was kind of funny though.

Has anyone been having a good amount of snow in their area, though? My area hasn't had snow on the roads in forever now. We're almost down to grass...

Lol, trust me, no offence taken. Meh, idc either way. Like I said its ur car, you wanna risk the damage to it, go for it. And ya need to read again, I never freaked out about you doing this, nor do I really care if you do or not. I just said if you get stuck it will be funny as hell, and ill be waiting for your post. I never jumped on u calling u names or such, no my style. Either way, have fun, dont hit someone or screw up ur car.

Saturday, January 08, 2011 4:57 AM
My 05 fire stays indoors all winter. My 98 fire however just got some dorifto action last night. The burb I live in has tons of twisties.
Saturday, January 08, 2011 5:35 AM
Drifting around in a snowy parking lot is a really good way to learn exactly how your car handles in icy conditions.

Plus it's fun.

Grab a couple buddies and a couple pylons, and have a snow-x session at a wal-mart parking lot at 2 in the morning. Yay Canada
Saturday, January 08, 2011 11:19 AM
lol you guys.... all darkstars wants is to see people whine. it gives him pleasure. your playing right into it...

i do it all the time. enjoy it thoroghly. i even did it and killed a car into a pole years ago, hasnt stopped me.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Sunday, January 09, 2011 6:16 AM
z yaaaa wrote:lol you guys.... all darkstars wants is to see people whine. it gives him pleasure. your playing right into it...

Seems you are the only one who cares what a troll with a fit thinks

<3 Ryan

Sunday, January 09, 2011 7:55 AM
^^ read the above posts, sir. lots of people commenting on the 'hate'. darkstars was the only one to 'hate', really.

Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:32 AM
I know, Just poking at you for all the back and forth between you two in AG

On topic, I got out in the Bravada today

AWD ftw

Sunday, January 09, 2011 11:17 AM
Mike wrote:I know, Just poking at you for all the back and forth between you two in AG

AWD ftw

Hahaha, and AWD SUV must just cut through ice and snow pretty easily. I'm not a fan of SUV's, but for the winter, they seem like a really good idea.
Speaking of Bravadas, I heard something about their seats being able to fit in a cavalier with relative ease. Is this true?
Sunday, January 09, 2011 12:34 PM
car sleeps all winter, but the winter rig takes a good beating every once in a while
Monday, January 10, 2011 8:43 AM
dont know about the seats (heated leather is amazing btw), but i do know if you get on it a little and break all 4 tires free, damn that @!#$s fun.

cant wait till my other truck is done, 2wd drifting on asphalt ftw.

Monday, January 10, 2011 4:13 PM
Mike wrote:I know, Just poking at you for all the back and forth between you two in AG

AWD ftw

Lol, this is true, I had my Escalade, and that damn thing was hard as hell to break the tires loose and get it to do doughnuts. I tried once in that, and hit a picnic table, Opps LOL learned my lesson from that one

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:24 PM
yee yea!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:42 PM
Gary Frank wrote:yee yea!

Dude, you have one of the Sunfires ever, and you drive it in the snow?

... I'm impressed.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:01 AM
I would never do something like that...ahahaha

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:00 AM
Tried taking the car out this morning for some fun, got stuck halfway out my driveway from so much snow.
SCORE.
Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:39 PM
andrew-some people dont mind rock chips, broken windshields, rust, falling off body kits and or risking an all out totaled vehicle to drive their nice cars in the winter. to some a car is a car no matter how much blood, sweat, and tears was put into it.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:16 PM
z yaaaa wrote:andrew-some people dont mind rock chips, broken windshields, rust, falling off body kits and or risking an all out totaled vehicle to drive their nice cars in the winter. to some a car is a car no matter how much blood, sweat, and tears was put into it.

Perfect.

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:11 AM
i can snow drift without using my e-brake. snow tires on the front wheels only FTW. i do it all the time and it is @!#$ awesome
Friday, January 14, 2011 7:14 AM
^It's called lift off and snap oversteer...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, January 14, 2011 7:39 PM
i dont believe that is is. it is just the fact the rear has no grip snap oversteer maybe but not lift off. brand new very aggressive winter tires on front and quite worn all season on the rear
Friday, January 14, 2011 9:22 PM
stupid your supposed to the the tires with more tread in the rear
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search