Is this a good deal? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is this a good deal?
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:56 AM
http://oakaveautos.com/web/1718/vehicle/883683/1994-Pontiac-Sunbird-LE
Hey everyone. The guy at the dealership is willing to do a title for title trade no cash involved this for my 00 base with 117000 miles on it. Ive always loved the body style of these gen cars. Its an LE with a 2.0 auto. The description says it s 5 spd but it an auto. I saw it in person. Went into the dealership n it was the first car I saw lol. Just need advice. My dads kinda agianst it but i need opinions from people who actually have these kind of cars. Much appreciated. BTW of course id get it painted n tint. Also thinkn about the old cav rally wheels. The 5 spoke n painting them kinda like this
http://www.dragtimes.com/images-classifieds-large/15x7-oldsmobile-rallye-rally-wheels-rim-wheel-set-442--for-sale_320603113997.jpg
The car would be black with 5% all the way around.

Re: Is this a good deal?
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:00 AM
Also carfax says it a 1 owner car clean title. Also its not a turbo

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 11:23 AM
Why would you paint it? The HOM is kinda rare on the Sunbirds. It still has trunk carpet, which is kinda cool, most of them get tossed.

Overall, that car is in really, really nice shape. Poke around on the rear fender lips for rust, it looks like a few bubbles in the pics. As far as a deal? Not IMO. Maybe $1500, but not $2k. It's a base model with no options, and even brand new it was only around $3500.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 11:42 AM
Its got pwr locks n 4 wheel abs brakes. idk if that was standard for an le n i drove it yesterday. Didnt hear anything out of the ordinary. Looked under the hood too. It looks and sounds pretty healthy. Ran fine. Its going to be my DD. You think it could handle that? How easily do these cars rust? Should i invest in a car cover?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:27 PM
You want to trade your base model 2000 Cavalier straight up for another base model of the same platform that is 6 years older? I fail to see how that could be a good deal by any stretch of the imagination.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 2:56 PM
Dave wrote:You want to trade your base model 2000 Cavalier straight up for another base model of the same platform that is 6 years older? I fail to see how that could be a good deal by any stretch of the imagination.

this
the older car does have less miles on it.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:27 PM
Dave wrote:You want to trade your base model 2000 Cavalier straight up for another base model of the same platform that is 6 years older? I fail to see how that could be a good deal by any stretch of the imagination.

Friday, December 31, 2010 3:12 PM
In my opinion, if you were getting it as a second car it would be a great deal considering the very low mileage and great condition for a 16 year old car, however trading your 2000 for a 1994 seems kind of goofy to me.

We have a '94 Sunbird LE Sedan 2.0 OHC 3-speed automatic. My parents bought it brand new on January 1, 1994. It currently has around 255,000 miles on it and it still runs strong. The rocker panels are prone to rust (ours are pretty much non-existent) and the lips over the rear wheels are prone to rust as well (ours are pretty rusted). Overall it's been a great car though. Extremely reliable.

Ultimately it's up to you though because it's going to be your car. If you really want it, like the body style, etc. than I say go for it. If I could find a Sunibrd in that good of shape with that low of mileage, I would definitely consider buying it as a daily driver.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search