Cool parts to make... (if only i had a ______) - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cool parts to make... (if only i had a ______)
Friday, January 21, 2011 4:30 PM
z yaaaa wrote:just off the top of my head...
rear caliper brackets for a rear disc conversion

I would be in for a GP on this

ken soggs wrote:
blucavvy wrote:how many of these threads are you going to make?

Not sure.... probably a handful of them... You have a problem with me trying to help people out?
if you have a problem with people wasting space on the forum, why don't you lead by example and stop posting up meaningless replies like that.
do you think that helps anyone or improves the forum?

lol!

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *

Friday, January 21, 2011 4:55 PM
-ecotec intake manifold to DCOE adapter

smooth transition from the oval hole on the eco head to the circular hole of the DCOE pattern.

Friday, January 21, 2011 7:01 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
freelancer1988 wrote:ummmmm an exhaust header for the 1995 2.3 guys... I thought someone would of made them, but can't find anything!!! Maybe something that is based off the HO Exhaust manifold... but works without custom exhaust work.

Not sure how you missed this

Custom 2.3/2.4 Headers for the Jbody

thanks... I am also unsure how I missed that as well...

Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:40 PM
In regards to caliper brackets...my local flow-jet/machine shop is scheduled to make me a set of brackets for W-body rear brakes in 2 weeks(They are booked up till then). I dont know if anyone would be interested in such? Im paying for the design and initial setup...after that it would be just copying, so pretty cheap. Anyones thoughts on W body brakes?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:36 AM
Slowzee wrote:In regards to caliper brackets...my local flow-jet/machine shop is scheduled to make me a set of brackets for W-body rear brakes in 2 weeks(They are booked up till then). I dont know if anyone would be interested in such? Im paying for the design and initial setup...after that it would be just copying, so pretty cheap. Anyones thoughts on W body brakes?

What are the size of the Wbody rear rotors?? Any pics of the setup??

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:33 PM
The way I understand it, Im the first to try this setup. 10.9 in rotor, will use W body rear calipers, ebrake cables im still working on, but Im pretty sure I got it covered.
The brackets will bolt between the axle and bearing and are 3/8 thick. Caliper and bracket will then bolt to that. Only down side is..it will use redrilled rotors and im thinking I may have my machinist make me hub-centric rings for the rotors to make sure they are perfectly square.

Friday, January 28, 2011 12:07 PM
I thought we used a similar wheel bearing setup to the GPs?

Quick search yielded the fact that the GP rear wheel bearing assembly is more square than the J-body one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 28, 2011 12:10 PM

Sunday, January 30, 2011 8:44 PM
Something better than the thin piece of crap sheet metal that holds down the fuel injectors on my 2.2 OHV.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search