Keep Sedan?!?!? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Keep Sedan?!?!?
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:31 AM
I have a 00 White Cavalier Sedan.. I want to make my car fast and look really nice, but im at a stand still. In everyones opinion, should I keep the sedan or try selling it and buying a coupe? I really want a sporty looking car that I can put money in it and have it last.

Re: Keep Sedan?!?!?
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:42 AM
I would look into selling it if you are looking to get your money back out of the car and buy something that will retain its value. I'm getting stuck on subarus and they seem to hold there value. Same with evos and certain other cars. Yeah they do cost more to purchase to begin with, but they are much more worth it.

Now if u r asking if u should sell out on the sedan to get another cav coupe I would say no. U can make a. Sedan just as fast as a coupe. They are a little heavier but it depends what you are looking to do with it. A straight drag car like boosted2point4 yeah do the coupe. A nice well balanced auto-crossing car thae sedan will do good. U can check out strat81 to prove that. Like I said it depends what u want out of the car.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:02 AM
thanks for the quick respond I seem to have worded that wrong, I meant I want to have the car for a very long time ("have it last") not that I want to keep the value up cuz I know that won't happen with cav's. I got suckered into getting this car when I was looking for my first car and never thought about the coupes, and I'm still paying on it cost me over 3 grand. I just don't see the potential in the car to make it look as sporty or sportier than the coupes. I guess what I'm trying to say is I can't figure out if a coupe is the better route than putting all my money into this sedan. plus I'm wanting a manual and Idk if I should go through all the effort in changing the tranny's and wiring for the manual.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:44 AM
Keep it clean and simple, then move on to what you want.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:24 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=170470&t=170470

that post prove's sedan's can be every bit as sporty looking, and fast as a coupe. imo some of them look better than any of the coupe's out there. it's all in how you go about it.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:22 AM
LOL. Sporty and Cavalier don't go together.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:27 AM
Strat81 has the definition of a sporty cav sedan.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:13 AM
wow, that cavalier does seem pretty sporty. I wonder how much better my cav would look with a body kit, or that one for that matter. love the look though, does anyone else have any "sexy, sporty" cavalier sedan pictures?
Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:47 AM
That sportiness isnt just skin deep either.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:51 AM
I use to have a 01 chevy cavalier sedan with the bomex body kit. I parted it out and sold it last year. heres a few pics. the first one is my 01. the second one is a friends 00, and the third one is of one i found on here with the LS kit. I wish i wouldnt of sold it but eventually i will get a coupe sunfire, cavalier LS, or cobalt SS.

WI Vehicle A/C Certified Tech
Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:25 PM
Amazing wrote:wow, that cavalier does seem pretty sporty. I wonder how much better my cav would look with a body kit, or that one for that matter. love the look though, does anyone else have any "sexy, sporty" cavalier sedan pictures?

i gave you a link to a thread that has 20+ pages of nothing but sedan pic's what more do you want?

Friday, January 28, 2011 10:04 AM
Tinkles wrote:That sportiness isnt just skin deep either.

I agrees. Car looks and drives amazing in person. I never got a ride in it but had the opportunity to follow him at the Bash.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:20 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:
Tinkles wrote:That sportiness isnt just skin deep either.

I agrees. Car looks and drives amazing in person. I never got a ride in it but had the opportunity to follow him at the Bash.

should have asked... i would have taken ya for a spin.

sedans can be made just as nice as the coupes. if you're looking to kit the car, your side skirt options are a bit more limited but otherwise, sedans can do it just as well as the coupes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search