j-bodys vers other cars in the snow - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
j-bodys vers other cars in the snow
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:53 PM
I was amazed at how my 97 cavi did on the ice here in ark. saw alot of acciadents but none involving j-bodys i had no problem hualing ass on the ice were everyone else was doing 20 on the interstate. took it to a parking lot did some snow drifting it was hella fun just wanted to post

Re: j-bodys vers other cars in the snow
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:57 PM
Yeah my '02 Sunfire and '99 Z24 just go through the stuff like nothing. I've got a set of Michelin X-Ice tires on all fours with no problems to speak of.
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:09 PM
ive only got some all season michleins but with it being a standard i just crawl right over it
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:24 PM
idiot

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 4:02 PM
Brian E wrote: I've got a set of Michelin X-Ice tires on all fours with no problems to speak of.

My Fit has the same tires, the only time I've ever had an issue is when the snow is high enough that the body doesn't clear.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6:24 PM
I'm running 4 Cooper snow tires and haven't had a problem yet this year. I think at least in the realm of small FWD cars, J-bodies hold their own pretty well in snow, though alot of it has to do with the driver. A driver who is unfomfortable driving in the snow can wreck a Subaru as quick as they could a Neon.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6:52 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:I'm running 4 Cooper snow tires and haven't had a problem yet this year. I think at least in the realm of small FWD cars, J-bodies hold their own pretty well in snow, though alot of it has to do with the driver. A driver who is unfomfortable driving in the snow can wreck a Subaru as quick as they could a Neon.

True

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:30 PM
you made a post to brag about hauling ass on ice?? your an idiot
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:34 PM
Not braging about hauling ass. But at the handeling compared to other cars i have owned and own. And why did you have to get rude thats why i put it in general didnt think you wld get your panties in a wad over it. you didnt have to post nething if u didnt want to.
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:48 PM
wasnt trying to be rude it just sounded like you were trying to brag about how your soo cool and you drive fast no matter what the conditions lol but yea i have been suprised by how well my cars been in the snow this winter
Thursday, February 03, 2011 6:59 AM
I practice for the snow by running over people. My Goodyears do fine.

Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:17 AM
I practiced snow driving in an '87 Celebrity station-wagon. No ABS, no winter tires, and a very light ass-end because it was a station wagon. The Cavalier is nothing compared to that bastard of a gutless boat.
Friday, February 04, 2011 4:59 PM
Well, with that huge ass storm we just got hit with here in Chicago, I had to drive in it twice, and altho I cracked my bumper (oh well its fixable) I never got stuck. While at work they asked us to move out cars so a plow truck could come in a plow the lot, and my car and two other peoples I work with (theres were 4wd trucks) were the only ones to not get stuck. Like was mentioned earlier, it depends on the driver. As long as you keep a reasonable amount of forward momentum you will be fine. I hate seeing people who are driving in snow ad there about to get stuck, and they let off the gas pedal. If your moving, keep your wheels going. If I can make it out of a parking spot, and have no troubles other then spinning my wheels but still moving, there should be no reason someone in a similar car cant make it though what I just did. It all depends on how you drive, and the key is to keep moving. If you notice the car start to slow down from snow, and your going to get stuck if you stop moving, keep your foot on the accelerator. Keep those front wheels moving. Dont let off, once you do and you loose that forward momentum, your screwed. I know not all will agree with me on this, but ill tell you this, I have been driving in Chicago winters for over 10 years now, and I have has RWD cars, FWD cars and 4WD trucks, and with that logic, I have never ever been stuck in snow. Call it lucky or call it stupid, I really dont care, but all I know is it works for me and has kept me from being stuck in any situation

Friday, February 04, 2011 9:20 PM
This is true its all on the driver but we just got more f-ing snow on top of ice and slush i started to get worried had to work today but once again no problems. I also think that Rwd vehicles have more of a problem our steering is with the power of our wheels. And on another note damm this weather the weather channel said we wld get 1 inch today we got 8 and there saying its not gona stop till wed. Damm mother nature i cnt work on my car stuck inside not cool. but excited for the bsh requested my days off today this will be my frist bash with any car. everyone around here have civics or integras so its hella lonley here in ark ready to kick it with some more j-bodys.
Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:06 AM
we got over 40 cm here in NS Canada from wed's storm and i had no problem scooting around in my 04 sunfire. Snow tire on all 4's of course. Only time i got stuck was, cause i was stupid and parked the car on the side of the road to clear the driveway and the plow came by and buried my car......... spent 20 min digging it out. i literally had to dig the snow out from under the car or else it wouldn't budge hahah

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search