Hate on Cavs?? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hate on Cavs??
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 11:42 PM
tanner wrote:People hate on these cars because they are one of the cheapest production cars ever made in North America... and with that low pricetag comes some ill-knowledged low budget people that will do anything and everything to their vehicle. And I'm not saying any of your fall in this class, or any other class. It's very obvious in parts where I'm from because I think we have the highest J-body per capita numbers lol. The "good enough" attitude is present in a lot of lower class(relevant to time and money) people and this car will always be hated on. On the other hand, give respect where respect is due because, not all of us are like that. There are some damn clean cars on here. There is no ultimate vehicle, if there was, we would all be driving it. The same goes for civic owners, it's just another name is all.

Uhm..... in 2000 it was less money for a base model Civic than it was for a base model Cav.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 7:20 AM
SHOoff wrote:
tanner wrote:People hate on these cars because they are one of the cheapest production cars ever made in North America... and with that low pricetag comes some ill-knowledged low budget people that will do anything and everything to their vehicle. And I'm not saying any of your fall in this class, or any other class. It's very obvious in parts where I'm from because I think we have the highest J-body per capita numbers lol. The "good enough" attitude is present in a lot of lower class(relevant to time and money) people and this car will always be hated on. On the other hand, give respect where respect is due because, not all of us are like that. There are some damn clean cars on here. There is no ultimate vehicle, if there was, we would all be driving it. The same goes for civic owners, it's just another name is all.

Uhm..... in 2000 it was less money for a base model Civic than it was for a base model Cav.

That's if you pay MSRP, Honda's incentives are usually in the form of discounted financing, they rarely have cash back incentives, and if they do it's a couple hundred dollars. On the other hand my 2002 LS sport fully loaded except automatic stickered a little over 17,000, and I walked out with a loan for a little over 13,000 (with GMS pricing and my parents gave me some GM card points that they couldn't use), and that was after rolling about 1500 in negative equity from a early lease turn in. If I remember right the incentives were 3000 cash bach or 6% financing through GMAC (that was really good at the time). I took the cash back and financed through a credit union for 5.9% lol
Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:43 AM
The simple fact is, you could own a Lamborghini and there is always going to be someone "hating" on you, saying its not this or that and you should have got something else because this or that reason. No matter what you drive those people are always going to be out there.

Ive been hate on many times with my cav from many other people around my area, whether its a honda owner or whatever else, and typically they are rust buckets. Just ignore the bull@!#$ and let it ride, that will make them eat it the worst.

CAR IS FOR SALE...Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:35 AM
M2 [@DesertTuners.com wrote:]
azncav wrote:same reason cav owners hate on civics? or any other brand and vise versa

Truth.

Owners of Cavaliers, neons, civics, integras, ect will always hate on each other. To all of them i am a ricer, to J-body owners all of them are ricers. Who cares though, to each their own.

they say no matter how fast it is, even if it runs 10s...it's still a cavalier.....

ok well SRT4 is still just a neon that loooks like a grass hopper
civics are only fast when u do swaps, boost or fully built and still sound like @!#$ when theyre fast, its funny when civics make fun of us for trying to race economy cars when they come with 1.6Ls, civics are just light cars
also around me cavaliers are mostly driven by old ladys and were rental cars and everyone knows rentals were beaten to @!#$ thats how we got the bad reliability rep which is bs bc ive had a bunch that lasted forever
but lately the civic group has been accepting me in with them ever since i took a few of them haha and one went hard backing up the Z24s

Thursday, March 03, 2011 3:42 PM

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, March 03, 2011 3:51 PM
97&04cfcavy(04pearlcav) wrote:The simple fact is, you could own a Lamborghini and there is always going to be someone "hating" on you, saying its not this or that and you should have got something else because this or that reason. No matter what you drive those people are always going to be out there.

Ive been hate on many times with my cav from many other people around my area, whether its a honda owner or whatever else, and typically they are rust buckets. Just ignore the bull@!#$ and let it ride, that will make them eat it the worst.

I hate on Lambos all day lmao for less than half the price u can get a supra with half the engine, fcuk V12, inline 6 big high boost walk lambos doors off....u pull into car show with fully built supra or stock lambo....people with car knowlegde will give more respect to the supra, idiots who know nothing will give respect to lambo
ive heard the argument about oh u drive up to a club in each car, who gets more girls.....fact of the matter is, if your cars gets u girls, they only using u for money

lambos are nice if you have the money to spend like that, otherwise build someting you're proud of that you built...or spend half that money and buy something already built lol i seen on youtube somewhere a kid in a 89 crx racing a lambo and pulling away like the lambo was barely trying
8000 dollar crx> 180,000 dollar slower lambo, but that crx did need alot of body work but still, with the 172k you're saving, you can make that car look brand new

/rant

Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:11 PM
I hate on myself for being a cavalier driver..

Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:50 PM
Mike wrote:I hate on myself for being a cavalier driver..

I hate you for being a Cavalier drive. Sunfires are where its at.

Friday, March 04, 2011 7:00 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:
97&04cfcavy(04pearlcav) wrote:The simple fact is, you could own a Lamborghini and there is always going to be someone "hating" on you, saying its not this or that and you should have got something else because this or that reason. No matter what you drive those people are always going to be out there.

I hate on Lambos all day lmao for less than half the price u can get a supra with half the engine, fcuk V12, inline 6 big high boost walk lambos doors off....u pull into car show with fully built supra or stock lambo....people with car knowlegde will give more respect to the supra, idiots who know nothing will give respect to lambo
ive heard the argument about oh u drive up to a club in each car, who gets more girls.....fact of the matter is, if your cars gets u girls, they only using u for money

lambos are nice if you have the money to spend like that, otherwise build someting you're proud of that you built...or spend half that money and buy something already built lol i seen on youtube somewhere a kid in a 89 crx racing a lambo and pulling away like the lambo was barely trying
8000 dollar crx> 180,000 dollar slower lambo, but that crx did need alot of body work but still, with the 172k you're saving, you can make that car look brand new

/rant

Well Im with you, but i was just implying no matter what you drive people are going to hate. I wasnt going into great detail about a lambo and only a lambo lol. Id rather have a nicely done supra also, but im sure there would still be someone hating on it, thats all i was implying.

CAR IS FOR SALE...Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Friday, March 04, 2011 8:35 AM
H8ers gone h8.

My Halo Tag is H8RS. Respect. Hahahaha.

Friday, March 04, 2011 8:39 AM
my sister's bf's boosted Jetta VR6 walked all over a Carrera GT3.. he also has plaid interior and wrapped the GTi front lip in plaid lol.. I think it looked stupid but it was crazy fast. it's all in where you look, I guess

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Friday, March 04, 2011 10:32 PM
First time I've come out of hiding in OT in about a year and still nothings changed. Theres always a thread like this.

If someone talks smack about your car... just tell them to get F-ed then go on with your day.

Monday, March 07, 2011 3:28 PM
It's gonna always be like that no matter what you drive. When I joined NASIOC and a couple other sites, I posted pics of my Impreza and some of my old cavy, they complimented it saying usually I hate cavaqueers but that looked decent. I also see them hating on evos just because it's their competition. It will always happen in any platform, just like I get hated on (even if it's jokingly) for not buying a WRX.

Some people can respect any car if done right, some people will just be ignorant and hate on anything that is different.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:32 AM
my brother was diehard about his civics but he always loved my z. when he build his 92 hatch with b16 he aways started with my car would walk on yours. i responded with this... when you actually get it to drive in a straight line we can talk. i ended up owning a 95 ex coupe, loved the little bastard. what i liked about his is his was quick and you could beat it to death and get 35 mpg all day. i liked mine because i had a sunroof ac and didnt have to roll up windows or lock doors by hand. was mine quicker, off the line most def. at speed we will never know since his ran terribly so much of the time.

now he is into v dubs and i hate all day since his never actually runs without issue.... just bros being bros i suppose....

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 7:29 PM
j-bodies and VeeDubz.. my 2 loves

Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:11 PM
was at work today got a compliment on my car lol kinda made my day since my job sucks
Sunday, March 13, 2011 10:45 AM
Evan, if my choices wherent limited to an old Beetle or Karmann Ghia for RWD ide seriousley look into getting a VW again since I like them but I dont want to mod a FWD car anymore. Or at least another one.

Although if its possible to to get an aftermarket suspension for an old Karmann Giah that would make it handle like a newer sports car,I've always thought it would be fun as hell to hop one of those up to all hell. they are neat cars and people would never expect one to do a wheelie leaving a stoplight LOL

Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:42 PM
I love the old air-cooled VWs, esp the Karmann. hell, me and my ex-wife never agreed on a girl's name if we ever had a baby cause I would want to name her Karmann, and my ex would never agree to it. bitch.. lol

there's a shop/used car lot here in town that specializes in old VWs. I bought my Golf 8v and Jetta GL from them back in the day. great couple of guys.. the dad owns it and his son is the mechanic, who races a droptop Karmann on the twisties. if there was ever anything to know about modern suspension on a Ghia, he'd know

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:23 AM
people spend to much time worrying about what some stranger thinks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 18, 2011 10:59 AM
sndsgood wrote:people spend to much time worrying about what some stranger thinks.

THIS.

Also, I love the hate that I get for being proud of my cav. Even w/o boost, my cav is still faster and has higher torque than masses of modded civics that drive around here. People love to @!#$ on American cars, that is, until that nearly stock American car blows away the rice some kid put thousands of dollars into. I like what I have, though I spend a lot of time drooling over some of the Js on this site.

Be proud of what you got; you made the decision to go against the crowd. Also, friends don't let friends drive rice.

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:38 PM
who cares. people hate on anything its apart of life.

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:22 PM
Cavaclysmic04 wrote:
sndsgood wrote:people spend to much time worrying about what some stranger thinks.

THIS.

Also, I love the hate that I get for being proud of my cav. Even w/o boost, my cav is still faster and has higher torque than masses of modded civics that drive around here. People love to @!#$ on American cars, that is, until that nearly stock American car blows away the rice some kid put thousands of dollars into. I like what I have, though I spend a lot of time drooling over some of the Js on this site.

Be proud of what you got; you made the decision to go against the crowd. Also, friends don't let friends drive rice.

very well put.. but around here, I mostly get @!#$ from the V8 crowd.. Mustangs especially. the funny part is that my old Z24 with only i/h/e and a short throw put a number of 5.0s to shame

Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:17 PM
Even your awseome... you know how hard it is for people to believe a 2.4 powered J-body is as fast as a 5.0 Fox body? NO ONE believes me when I tell them but that doesnt make it any less true LOL

Personally I ignore said crap talkers... every once in a great while ill blow someones doors off after they do a flyby on me on the free way but rarely. If for some reason I even decide to acknowledge someone attempting to challenge me I just say "I dont race this car anymore and dont give a damn, but ill go get my bike if ya want to race" I havnt had a taker yet for obviouse reasons.

People are so stupid its funny some times.

I didnt decide to be different... I just bought a sunfire because I wanted a J-body at the time.. didnt put much thought into it other then that.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:02 PM
I got my first one bc I found out the hard way that your project car shouldnt be your daily driver too ('73 Chevy Nova), so I bought my first gen Z from my bass player's dad for $300 bc we beat the piss out of it for 6 months prior to that, and it took the abuse. I figured it would be a rock-solid car to get me to work and back while I worked on the Nova.. and it was. but back then, I had zero interest in the tuner scene.. and all my friends were into punk-rock, so my car got stickered up and graffiti'ed all to hell.. all in good fun. my mom finally said it had to go bc it was an eyesore, so I sold it to one of my friends for what I paid for it.. he purposely rolled it 11 times just to see if it'd kill the car.. and never paid me for it either (I was dumb and let him have it ahead of time.. promised to pay me $100 a week). I bought my second gen Z bc to me, it was a beautiful car (black/silver) and it seemed pretty quick with a V6 in it. I didnt get the mod bug until I got tired of the old 14" checkerboards and bought a set of 17" Konigs from a friend of mine.. that snowballed into full exhaust, lowering springs, neon everywhere (shut up, this was in 2001). I was happy til my gf beat the @!#$ out of me in her third gen.. so I sold my second gen, bought a third gen and kicked her ass right back, along with the aforementioned 5.0 Mustangs, an endless swarm of Hondas, etc. at that point, yes, I was into j-bodies bc I wanted to be different. I never cared about the hate I got, which eventually turned into respect when ppl started seeing that it was a pretty quick lil car, esp for only having the basics done to it

sorry bout the rant lol

Friday, April 08, 2011 8:36 AM
They hate cause cavaliers are competition one of my good friends is a civic owner and although we help each other out we talk some @!#$ about who is faster (sadly him ATM lol) we have both spent time under each others hood its kinda like team sports your playing for a different team there for they talk @!#$
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search