How often do you Redline? - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
How often do you Redline?
Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:35 AM
I just love the sound of exhaust and i seem to push it alot more and harder lately...and alot of people try to race me when i daily drive
i do it atleast 3 times a week =( i feel bad for my car lol

its a 2.2ohv with 101k miles

Re: How often do you Redline?
Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:37 AM
Fast and the furious yo!

Saturday, March 05, 2011 10:01 AM
somehow i knew when i saw this thread that you would be the author.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 10:02 AM
maybe once i week in the acura. 7400 rpm sounds nice

Saturday, March 05, 2011 10:18 AM
never.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 10:52 AM
I only spin my LD9 to 5500 maybe once a week if that.....no power to be had any higher...and Im not crazy about blowing it up lol

Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:16 AM
Every time I accelerate. Full throttle all the time nonstop balls to wall nuts out kicking ass Sunfire driving.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:16 AM
Daily...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:22 AM
now are we talking about rev limiter, or the redline shown on the tach? czu rev limiter, once, redline on the tach, whenever i feel like punchin it. Around here tho thats far and few between now, cuz the amount of cops around is just unbelievable (they increased the patrol car fleet by like 40 cars last fall)

Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:23 AM
blucavvy wrote:somehow i knew when i saw this thread that you would be the author.

Lol

Why do you come up with these useless threads? Too much time on yur hands? How offen do you redline. Who cares?

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:27 AM
My eco hits 6k rpms every time i drive it.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:54 AM
Just about every day. I live off of a road where the speed limit is 55, and in a valley (big hills on both sides of the road), so you've gotta get up to speed quick, which is a hard thing to do in a slow ass car like a Cavalier.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Saturday, March 05, 2011 12:11 PM
Well I take it back. Being an auto I cant redline. Theres a little yellow line I hit though.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:20 PM
Dan Cummings wrote:now are we talking about rev limiter, or the redline shown on the tach? czu rev limiter, once, redline on the tach, whenever i feel like punchin it. Around here tho thats far and few between now, cuz the amount of cops around is just unbelievable (they increased the patrol car fleet by like 40 cars last fall)

i actually meant the 5600, not actually going into red

onecleancavy wrote:
blucavvy wrote:somehow i knew when i saw this thread that you would be the author.

Lol

Why do you come up with these useless threads? Too much time on yur hands? How offen do you redline. Who cares?

obviously i care? not a useless thread, just wondering who pushed their car as much as i do....you made a useless post, if you don't care, dont post or click it

Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:39 PM
I leave mine in 2nd gear, 55mph just leaning on the rev limiter the entire time. Sounds so amazing!!!!

Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:41 PM
*Waits for the "How do you fix a rod that spit out the side of the block" post

SLOCAV wrote:I leave mine in 2nd gear, 55mph just leaning on the rev limiter the entire time. Sounds so amazing!!!!

Is that what killed your tranny?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:42 PM

Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:54 PM
onecleancavy wrote:

Lol

obviously i care? not a useless thread, just wondering who pushed their car as much as i do....you made a useless post, if you don't care, dont post or click it

Its a bone stock 2.2 with a winnie the pooh hanging from the bumper. How much can you really PUSH this thing? Im also gonna wait for the "How do you fix a rod that spit out the side of the block" post. It seems like you had nothing better to do today so you made a thread about how you like to redline your car and people like to race you. Seems pretty useless to me.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Saturday, March 05, 2011 4:10 PM
^^^^w3rd.

and as i said in your other thread get used to people giving you @!#$, that's what happens when you make stupid threads.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 4:19 PM
Top speed, red line, seriously? Your not a @!#$ race car driver, you have a 95 horsepower car at best.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 4:21 PM
To be fair, you could probably bounce an OHV off the limiter for a few hours before it threw a rod, lol

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, March 05, 2011 6:46 PM
Lol you all are clowns, its like you never wondered about these cars and how peolpe drive them? the top speed was just wondering what it was, and this one was just out of curiosity how people drive

Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:25 PM

Sunday, March 06, 2011 3:26 AM
My 05 turbo has never and will never see redline. I baby it way to much. My 98 ohv sees red daily. But its a $200 beater and I think I have a slug of water in my gas so I just run it wide open
Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:14 AM
My 2.2 used to hit rev limiter at least once or twice a day on a daily basis.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:08 AM
Daily, I <3 Whine

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search