How often do you Redline? - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: How often do you Redline?
Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:46 AM
Pretty much daily. I try to take it easy especially with the rising gas prices but it doesn't happen.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:57 AM
Mike wrote:*Waits for the "How do you fix a rod that spit out the side of the block" post

SLOCAV wrote:I leave mine in 2nd gear, 55mph just leaning on the rev limiter the entire time. Sounds so amazing!!!!

Is that what killed your tranny?

Yup exactly! I always leave it in 2nd, it's so good to hear that motor strung right out!

No, i'm not a child. I destroyed the 2nd gear syncro from banging gears at the track that summer.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:58 PM
never. i have an LD9. if it redlines, it will melt down the earth.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:59 PM
z yaaaa wrote:never. i have an LD9. if it redlines, it will melt down the earth.

Pansy.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:21 PM
hey its the balance shafts, what do ya want? they wont allow the LD9 to rev past 3000.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:27 PM
Lol.

I don't see why people are so afraid of revving the stock engine. Check your oil regularly and have fun.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:38 PM
agreed. go for broke.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 6:18 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:Lol.

I don't see why people are so afraid of revving the stock engine. Check your oil regularly and have fun.

They put a lot of time into making it so you can't damage the thing by doing that kinda stuff. Just so they won't have to pay to fix it under warranty. So, it should be ok.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, March 07, 2011 11:03 AM
Ill shift at redline on an on ramp once the car is warmed up on occasion but i dont do it as much since the damn shift light I have on the A-pillar quit working.

Ill tach out the Ninja at least once damn near every time I ride it though.

Monday, March 07, 2011 11:50 AM
My room-mate redlines every morning in her 2004 Saturn Redline, lol.... does that count?

Monday, March 07, 2011 2:06 PM
freelancer1988 wrote:My room-mate redlines every morning in her 2004 Saturn Redline, lol.... does that count?

no.

Monday, March 07, 2011 2:12 PM
Weebel wrote:Ill shift at redline on an on ramp once the car is warmed up on occasion but i dont do it as much since the damn shift light I have on the A-pillar quit working.

well a bike is a bike, theyre made to be drive "fun" lol i wouldnt even call that driving it hard

i dont understand the point of a shift light, just watch the tach?? the one on the stock dashs (manual) are for fuel economy
i mean i can kind of understand it flashes and you shift so you wont have to watch it, but thats like not being ready to shift when youre supposed to....like say im in 2nd and watching the tach, as it nears redline, i get ready to shift, if not watching and that light comes on BAM SHIFT NOW! seems like there would be a few good seconds inbetween the light comeing on than the actualy shift....maybe set it lower? i still dont see much point of it

Monday, March 07, 2011 2:23 PM
All of us don't have a tach the size of a wall clock

Monday, March 07, 2011 3:00 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:
Weebel wrote:Ill shift at redline on an on ramp once the car is warmed up on occasion but i dont do it as much since the damn shift light I have on the A-pillar quit working.

well a bike is a bike, theyre made to be drive "fun" lol i wouldnt even call that driving it hard

i dont understand the point of a shift light, just watch the tach?? the one on the stock dashs (manual) are for fuel economy
i mean i can kind of understand it flashes and you shift so you wont have to watch it, but thats like not being ready to shift when youre supposed to....like say im in 2nd and watching the tach, as it nears redline, i get ready to shift, if not watching and that light comes on BAM SHIFT NOW! seems like there would be a few good seconds inbetween the light comeing on than the actualy shift....maybe set it lower? i still dont see much point of it

When you are on the track it is easier to watch a big ass shiftlight than your tach. Plus if it is mounted in the right you wont be forced to take your eyes off the track to shift.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, March 07, 2011 4:09 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:

Apparently youve never been in a car that revs so fast you dont have time to look back and forth. The light is very very helpful.

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:30 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:
95LsCoupe wrote:

Apparently youve never been in a car that revs so fast you dont have time to look back and forth. The light is very very helpful.

we drive cavaliers/sunfires.

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:52 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:
TheSundownFire wrote:
95LsCoupe wrote:

we drive cavaliers/sunfires.

Wait really? I registered my car as a Firebird.

Monday, March 07, 2011 6:53 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:All of us don't have a tach the size of a wall clock

i immediately thought of a mini cooper

Monday, March 07, 2011 7:38 PM
I redline Daily.....and I mean everytime I drive. Its fun as @!#$. Heck I have a turbo Z24 with a STOCK TUNE! So ya'll NA guys shouldnt have nothing to worry about. Just check that oil...add some lucas additive on every oil change and you will be good. Up top of the power band is where these 4 bangers make power anyways. Well my Lg0 does. And yes Ive hit the actually limiter and governor a few times too.

GMR has got nothing on this
Monday, March 07, 2011 8:04 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:I redline Daily.....and I mean everytime I drive. Its fun as @!#$. Heck I have a turbo Z24 with a STOCK TUNE! So ya'll NA guys shouldnt have nothing to worry about. Just check that oil...add some lucas additive on every oil change and you will be good. Up top of the power band is where these 4 bangers make power anyways. Well my Lg0 does. And yes Ive hit the actually limiter and governor a few times too.

Ive hit rev limiter and speed limiter in this car a few time, not a fun moment.....turbo on stock tune...ehh next you'll say its an ebay turbo? actually ive heard good things about the eby kits if you tune them and the turbos are the only thing u need to replace after a while, not the whole kit

Monday, March 07, 2011 8:05 PM
Also everyone keep saying check that oil, what does this mean really, should i be looking for metal chunks or what? i change every 3000 miles on time, is that what you guys meant just keep it clean?

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:44 AM
Probably at least once a day, sometimes two or three times or more

Depends on what car I'm driving, where I'm driving and how I feel

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:08 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:Also everyone keep saying check that oil, what does this mean really, should i be looking for metal chunks or what? i change every 3000 miles on time, is that what you guys meant just keep it clean?

They mean keeping it topped off

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:13 AM
I rarely get into redline. Depends on the mood, but ive never really ran my cars hard.

CAR IS FOR SALE...Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:43 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:we drive cavaliers/sunfires.

True, but have you driven one with a lightweight flywheel boost and bald snow tires? My stock tach can't keep up.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search